15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I think it's a good indicator that they want to secure the cast for the next batch of filming.
    You do that with a contract and not by announcing a "fake" Season 3.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

By the time season 3 rolls around, you are going to need to squint really hard to spot anything that resembles the plot from the books. They have already gone so far off course in the first season that it'd probably be less effort to come up with their own IP than try and herd this thing back onto a course that resembles the book.

They added too much unnecessary stuff while completely cutting out necessary stuff, like Caemlyn. It introduces some fairly major characters, like Elaida, Elayne and Gawyn. Not to mention Galad. His redeeming of the Children of the Light I fully expect will get cut. Plus is has one of the best scenes in the first book, where Rand falls into the palace grounds and gets taken to meet the queen - and then everyone freaks out when they spot his heron marked blade, fearing they are all about to die defending the queen. It was a great example of showing and not telling about just how big a deal the heron marked blade was.

Just as they butchered the end of book 1, I have little confidence they'll be able to pull off the end of the book series either, which amounts to what is a philosophical debate between the DO and Rand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    By the time season 3 rolls around, you are going to need to squint really hard to spot anything that resembles the plot from the books. They have already gone so far off course in the first season that it'd probably be less effort to come up with their own IP than try and herd this thing back onto a course that resembles the book.

They added too much unnecessary stuff while completely cutting out necessary stuff, like Caemlyn. It introduces some fairly major characters, like Elaida, Elayne and Gawyn. Not to mention Galad. His redeeming of the Children of the Light I fully expect will get cut. Plus is has one of the best scenes in the first book, where Rand falls into the palace grounds and gets taken to meet the queen - and then everyone freaks out when they spot his heron marked blade, fearing they are all about to die defending the queen. It was a great example of showing and not telling about just how big a deal the heron marked blade was.

Just as they butchered the end of book 1, I have little confidence they'll be able to pull off the end of the book series either, which amounts to what is a philosophical debate between the DO and Rand.
    At this point I do feel they wanted to do their own show but it so closely resembled WoT that they just slapped Wheel of Time onto it lol. I wouldn't have half minded if they had a show coming to Amazon that was 'like WoT', rather than being a bad WoT adaptation. Season 1 was hard to keep up with. I stand by the opinion that Season 1 should have covered half of book 1, not the whole book. Eight episodes was not enough. Not to mention that gutted halfway through the season for their own personal story for some reason, like which could have been used to fit more of the book you left out... Its frustrating, so frustrating lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You do that with a contract and not by announcing a "fake" Season 3.
    I don't think it's a fake announcement, I'm pretty sure they think their onto a winner given the amount of engagement with S1. I also suspect they will be bringing new actors in for season 3 so want to have them in place.

I don't think it's a fake announcement, I'm pretty sure they think their onto a winner given the amount of engagement with S1. I also suspect they will be bringing new actors in for season 3 so want to have them in place.
    Exponentially diminishing viewer metrics are not a positive sign for engagement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course they think they are onto a winner. The metrics indicate that and the entire reason we are discussing something right now is the constant hate that can't handle it being a winner. They also don't have to announce a Season 3 in order to "reserve" actors for a Season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Exponentially diminishing viewer metrics are not a positive sign for engagement.
    Most shows have exponentially diminishing viewer metrics when episodes are done releasing. That isn't a smoking gun like you think it is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Of course they think they are onto a winner. The metrics indicate that and the entire reason we are discussing something right now is the constant hate that can't handle it being a winner. They also don't have to announce a Season 3 in order to "reserve" actors for a Season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Most shows have exponentially diminishing viewer metrics when episodes are done releasing. That isn't a smoking gun like you think it is.
    Dishonest as usual exponentially diminishing metrics while the show was airing. Back to blocked you go no tolerance for someone as dishonest as you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dishonest as usual exponentially diminishing metrics while the show was airing. Back to blocked you go no tolerance for someone as dishonest as you.
    It wasn't exponentially diminshing while the show was airing. The only dishonest ones are the haters that can't handle the truth of the show having success.

https://twitter.com/aflameinthevoid/...11793939927040
    https://twitter.com/aflameinthevoid/...54726094372867
    https://www.thegreatblight.com/post/all-about-nielsen

You do know shows are not dependant on initial viewers right, the initial numbers are but a small fraction of the amount who actually watches the show over a long period of time, if there was not enough ppl watching it to make it worthwhile then they wouldnt renew the series at all let alone 3 seasons, your just still salty you didnt get it the way you wanted it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Exactly why I haven't bothered to watch any of it. I'm willing to admit to being a book purist for this specific series. Just reviewing the first 5 episodes and you could see the writing on the wall, the whole thing is gunna be like a bad anime adaptation that cuts out half the manga's character development and fills in the gaps with tropes. They've already skipped some of my favorite moments, I'm sure they'll skip more...imagine retelling retelling Warcraft 3 and cutting out Stratholm; that's what it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    When I first heard they were making the show I thought, hey they finally picked a series that's just kind of naturally woke so they won't need to shoehorn things in, but lol was I wrong.
    Yeh, woke has gone from what it was to some new extreme. I think it's because some cultist like crazy people have literally gone off the rails in their zealotry. Okay, tha'ts not new, what's new is that they're in charge of making stuff.

SO now, i'ts not woke enough until ti ascribes to their extreme views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yeh, woke has gone from what it was to some new extreme. I think it's because some cultist like crazy people have literally gone off the rails in their zealotry. Okay, tha'ts not new, what's new is that they're in charge of making stuff.

SO now, i'ts not woke enough until ti ascribes to their extreme views.
    And if you start fighting back against it... Oh the insults and demeaning you will endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    And if you start fighting back against it... Oh the insults and demeaning you will endure.
    They accept no other narrative, and have become some of the most intolerant people. They dont care about greater things like, equality, justice, right - they will do anything to advance their cause and convert people to their way of thinking - how dare you resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    They accept no other narrative, and have become some of the most intolerant people. They dont care about greater things like, equality, justice, right - they will do anything to advance their cause and convert people to their way of thinking - how dare you resist.
    I just hope they don't screw up the Battle of Dumai's Wells.... such a powerful scene in the books.

I just hope they don't screw up the Battle of Dumai's Wells.... such a powerful scene in the books.
    You imagine you'll get a "Black Tower?" That's funny.

If your hope is "I hope they don't screw up <insert thing from the books> in this show", then I got bad news for you, fam

Women being made to kneel before a man? Yeah, that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    At this point I do feel they wanted to do their own show but it so closely resembled WoT that they just slapped Wheel of Time onto it lol. I wouldn't have half minded if they had a show coming to Amazon that was 'like WoT', rather than being a bad WoT adaptation. Season 1 was hard to keep up with. I stand by the opinion that Season 1 should have covered half of book 1, not the whole book. Eight episodes was not enough. Not to mention that gutted halfway through the season for their own personal story for some reason, like which could have been used to fit more of the book you left out... Its frustrating, so frustrating lol
    I mean if they wanted to do a female and Moiraine focused show, they could have done "A New Spring" first. The prequel book that is almost full female cast, all about Moirane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if they wanted to do a female and Moiraine focused show, they could have done "A New Spring" first. The prequel book that is almost full female cast, all about Moirane
    I mean that was hardly the issue for me. My biggest problem was cramming a whole book into an eight episode show, when in season 1 should have only managed half of book 1. If there is any fault due to lack of screen time for Rand it was probably because of the amount of stuff they cut.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-14 at 08:58 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I mean that was hardly the issue for me. My biggest problem was cramming a whole book into an eight episode show, when in season 1 should have only managed half of book 1. If there is any fault due to lack of screen time for Rand it was probably because of the amount of stuff they cut.
    Not to mention trying to cram in EXTRA stuff that only served to stroke the ego of the show runners because ofc they know oh so much better than Jordan did >_<