Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    You seem to be doing that well on your own.
    Really, what are my politics Sparkles? Who am I supporting for election?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Trump is an authoritarian right-winger, or at least that is what he has positioned himself as. I hate to bring up Hitler but he is a prime example of someone fitting that mold. Such people are in some ways not conservative but in others extremely so. On economic matters they are fairly moderate but on social issues or issues that have some aspect orientated that way they are extremists.

Thus trump does not want to privatize SS, he has talked about implementing single-payer healthcare, he has talked about taxing the rich more (whether these are his actual policy positions are another matter entirely), the sort of things his authoritarian right-wing supporters either want or are ambivalent about. Then you get to the real extremist bits, build a wall to keep foreigners out, force another nation to pay for it, stigmatize and hurl abuse at out-groups (blacks, women, minorities, muslims), bully or try to bully China, idolize other strong-man authoritarians like Putin, etc, etc. All these also fit the profile of what authoritarian right-wingers desire in a candidate.

To understand the why of this you need to know that right-wing authoritarians desire social order and like rigid hierarchical structures, so anything that challenges that such as social change, an influx of foreigners, or anything that they perceive as "other" whether home (muslims!) or abroad (also muslims!) they take as personal threats no matter how irrational that fear is (americans are more likely to die from a toddler with a gun than a terrorist). To forestall those threats they need a strong-man leader to protect them and fight the perceived threats. Thus we get the no compromise right-wing of the last decade (you don't compromise with threats you only fight and defeat them), leading most recently to Trump.
    Hey, that was the most civil and well thought post I have seen out of you. Kudos.

I disagree with you on a few of your points, but I can respect the way you presented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nah, it's not, but it's a direct instruction to commit violence. Yes, it's restricted, but it's direct instructions. I mean, he said he'd pay the legal bills (oh, that one guy who did hit someone...did Trump pay the bills? there was no tomato involved), so he knows what he's instructing is very likely going to get people arrested and tried. That's really not a great thing for a potential political leader to say. Not "burn all the Jews" bad by any stretch, but it's still not something he should have said.

Nor should he have suggested that one guy should have been beaten, because what he was doing was disgusting.

Nor should he have extolled the virtues of the "good old days" where protesters were treated "very, very rough" and get carried out in a stretcher.

Nor should he have said he wanted to punch a protester in the face.

It just sets a poor tone for someone that's supposed to be taken seriously as a peacetime leader in charge of enforcing the law. War and military action is one thing, but find one time Bush, the other Bush, Reagan, or hell, just cycle backwards for R-Presidents, and look for situations where they even suggested that civilian violence was something they'd be remotely okay with. It just doesn't happen much, at all.
    I agree it wasn't something he should do, but I think its a bit disingenuous for the left to pretend that only Trump supporters are being violent. It's not trump supporters that are blocking ambulances or blocking freeways for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    he has talked about implementing single-payer healthcare
    Where and when? I'm not doubting you, it's just that the plan on his own damn website makes mentions 100% contrary to this, so if he has talked about it, that's news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Really, what are my politics Sparkles? Who am I supporting for election?
    You seem exceptionally hostile to the current host of GOP nominees, while I don't see you showing any sharp criticism towards the violent protesters or the people they represent, so that narrows it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I agree it wasn't something he should do, but I think its a bit disingenuous for the left to pretend that only Trump supporters are being violent. It's not trump supporters that are blocking ambulances or blocking freeways for example.
    Yeah that...that's pretty fucking stupid. But the question is, were they blocking because they supported someone specific, or just because they oppose Trump? Neither is a reason to block an ambulance, that shit should be a felony, but one of the options puts three more people into the mix. None of whom have advocated violence directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that sucks.

In other news, it looks that Bernie has the CPUSA (Communist party of the USA) vote locked in http://www.cpusa.org/bernie-sanders-...cal-revolution
    Good for him. I am sure it will come in handy when the general is underway.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-04-29 at 07:21 PM.

I'm looking for a serious answer to this. What exactly has trump said that is worthy of these protests? Do people think illegal aliens are A-Ok? Do people really think we shouldn't have stronger borders, as in the muslim comment(s)?

Note: I don't mean "worthy" as in people can't protest anything they want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It gets really embarrassing.
    You think this is an American only thing?

Good for him. I am sure it will come on handy when the general is underway.
    not exactly people I'd be wanting a candidate associated with. Seems more like a turn off for people than a turn on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm looking for a serious answer to this. What exactly has trump said that is worthy of these protests? Do people think illegal aliens are A-Ok? Do people really think we shouldn't have stronger borders, as in the muslim comment(s)?

Note: I don't mean "worthy" as in people can't protest anything they want.
    In a growing trend of ABSOLUTE TOLERANCE, anything resembling intolerance is seen as the worst thing imaginable in all of history. Trump is not politically correct.

That is exceptionally shocking to a public who has been subjugated into political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Are you surprised people don't like his message?
    Disliking his message makes it okay to attack children?
    Just wondering, never know with you people.

https://twitter.com/lordaedonis/stat...08142702604288

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Sorry, we tried to throw out* a president.
    We got mad enough about a blowjob to vote to impeach, I'm sure we will get much angrier about ordering Muslims to be identifiable at a glance
    I'm sorry but he was impeached for perjury not for a blowjob. Lying under oath is a crime even if you are the president.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Where and when? I'm not doubting you, it's just that the plan on his own damn website makes mentions 100% contrary to this, so if he has talked about it, that's news.
    He's been all over the map on Health care.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...single-payer-/

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    The wall would be a symbol and be psychological.

Increased security at borders would be useful as well.
    More effective, require employers to e-verify for every employee, and impose serious fines, or even criminal penalties, for those who don't.

Also, require e-verify for every person applying for any type of government assistance program, and penalize sanctuary cities who refuse to comply (as they now do) by withholding federal funding.

Most European countries actually don't have birthright citizenship, and with presidential support and republican majority controlling congress, this would be fast and easy to eliminate.

If we make these changes, I think most will just self-deport.

10+ Year Old Account
    not exactly people I'd be wanting a candidate associated with. Seems more like a turn off for people than a turn on.
    You can't denounce a candidate based on who supports them. You can denounce a candidate, based on who they denounce. Trump's said a lot of stupid and/or evil things, but at least he denounced the KKK with nearly 100% accuracy.

Deleted
    Is this the rally where anti trump protesters pepper sprayed a six year old girl or is this a different one?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been all over the map on Health care.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...single-payer-/
    Ah. I really should have seen that coming.

The people who started any type of disturbance or violence should be arrested. As much as I disagree with Trump's comment just to incite decisiveness and mainly praying on xenophobia and nationalism. There is no need for protests inside his rally's that disrupt his rhetoric. It kills the democratic process.

I understand this was outside and after a Trump rally. Probably enraged spill over and again if people incited shit they should get arrested. Goes for both sides, such as the one guy punching the protester.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Is this the rally where anti trump protesters pepper sprayed a six year old girl or is this a different one?
    That story has been barely covered in the media.

They want you to think Trump is doing all the wrong, and the protesters are just angels.