Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wouldnt have thought it. But thanks for the clarification.
    To me it seemed just a good "oh-shit-button", but the passive vers isnt that great-->a trinket which contributes over the whole fight seemed better.

Will test it sometime(, but like i said previously i dont really tank challenging content.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    To me it seemed just a good "oh-shit-button", but the passive vers isnt that great-->a trinket which contributes over the whole fight seemed better.
    It just greatly depends on the fight. 60s cooldown is pretty short and the effect is rather strong, especially against demons.
    So plenty fights where it is silly strong.

Certainly helps that all fights were it would be useful happen to be against demons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Currently holding multiple rank1 on healing as Guardian Druid on some fights and the heirloom trinket is a must if you want to be invincible. With the legendary ring i can put up 1.3 mil shields against demons, so i won't even flinch.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&spec=Guardian

Imo, Anzu is BiS, followed by the heirloom, if you fancy a huge shield with a 1 min CD, shortly followed by Kilrogg's trinket. Seed is pretty poop as it's not really a life-saver, as it doesn't reduce a lot from big hits (the most i've seen is like 27k), where the Kilrogg trinket for ex can absorb a lot (you're at 1 mil hp, you get hit for 1 mil, but the trinket takes you to 20%, effectively healing you for 200k exactly when you need it), not to mention the haste is good for lowering the GCD and CD of Mangle and Frenzied Regen (especially if going with 4-set). Right now i'm running Anzu + Kilrogg after i've ranked a bit on healing.

Perhaps for parsing, but it's absolute garbage for general use. You're already invincible with DPS trinkets equipped, so using a defensive trinket that has basically zero offensive benefit is just the worst thing you can be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Perhaps for parsing, but it's absolute garbage for general use. You're already invincible with DPS trinkets equipped, so using a defensive trinket that has basically zero offensive benefit is just the worst thing you can be doing.
    It depends on your ilvl, overall performance and the healers. You never want to go full dps trinkets if you want speed kills as just one tanking trinket can replace a healer with a dps in your raid, that is if you want to go for speed kills. Full dps trinkets in progression... let's not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    It depends on your ilvl, overall performance and the healers. You never want to go full dps trinkets if you want speed kills as just one tanking trinket can replace a healer with a dps in your raid, that is if you want to go for speed kills. Full dps trinkets in progression... let's not go there.
    Only two of the top speed kills with Bears aren't using double DPS trinkets (Council and Arch). I don't see why you'd use defensive trinkets on fights that tend towards <1 minute and often less. Tank damage really isn't high enough to warrant them in most cases and especially in the case of bear where SD makes you basically immune to melees and CWard/FR are basically Lay on Hands.

As for progress, it depends on the fight, but there's plenty I'd run DPS trinkets on. Basically everything in the first 9 is kind of a joke from a tank standpoint if you can press BFur/SI. Some are long enough that something like Anzu's ends up being a better DPS option anyways, but the only fight I'd run Kilrogg on is Tyrant and I'd never touch the Heirloom on progress, as burst damage is kind of lol ez as bear when you tend towards 900k+ HP and have triple shield wall.

Only two of the top speed kills with Bears aren't using double DPS trinkets (Council and Arch). I don't see why you'd use defensive trinkets on fights that tend towards <1 minute and often less. Tank damage really isn't high enough to warrant them in most cases and especially in the case of bear where SD makes you basically immune to melees and CWard/FR are basically Lay on Hands.

As for progress, it depends on the fight, but there's plenty I'd run DPS trinkets on. Basically everything in the first 9 is kind of a joke from a tank standpoint if you can press BFur/SI. Some are long enough that something like Anzu's ends up being a better DPS option anyways, but the only fight I'd run Kilrogg on is Tyrant and I'd never touch the Heirloom on progress, as burst damage is kind of lol ez as bear when you tend towards 900k+ HP and have triple shield wall.
    both the fights you mention top parses are running double dps trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    both the fights you mention top parses are running double dps trinkets.
    Top speed kills, not top parses.

Top speed kills, not top parses.
    these two things go hand in hand 95% of the time, and in the case of these fights they still do. you can't say you got rank 1 when you're rank 10 just because the first 9 ranks killed the boss faster than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    these two things go hand in hand 95% of the time, and in the case of these fights they still do. you can't say you got rank 1 when you're rank 10 just because the first 9 ranks killed the boss faster than you.
    Except the fastest kills on both Archimonde and Council feature druids using Anzu + Heirloom and Class + Kilrogg respectively.

They obviously did not get rank 1 DPS parses, but they participated in the fastest speed kills- which is what I and I'd assume Cannibalus were referencing. He stated that you'd not want to use double dps trinkets for speed kills because defensive trinkets would let you cut healers. I said it didn't really matter what your trinkets were and that most of the fastest kills with bears feature them using double dps trinkets- except for Arch and Council.

Except the fastest kills on both Archimonde and Council feature druids using Anzu + Heirloom and Class + Kilrogg respectively.

They obviously did not get rank 1 DPS parses, but they participated in the fastest speed kills- which is what I and I'd assume Cannibalus were referencing. He stated that you'd not want to use double dps trinkets for speed kills because defensive trinkets would let you cut healers. I said it didn't really matter what your trinkets were and that most of the fastest kills with bears feature them using double dps trinkets- except for Arch and Council.

Oh. I misread what you said completely. Sorry.

ye double dps trinkets 4 life son i love you
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 2016-05-10 at 12:50 AM.

The OP mentioned that he/she is a returning player. What you are explaining here is what a player that did those fights 10-15+ times would do (mentioning <1 minute fights). My guild is bleeding good members that want to take a break till Legion, so we're recruiting pretty much every1 at this point and let me tell you some people can't push their buttons right, and by that i mean not even a Guardian tank... so sad... but true. The heirloom trinket gives a "breather" to the tank and the kilrogg trinket helps a lot in this situation as you generate more rage and can spam more panic FR... again yes it's bad... but we're not here to judge.