Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you want to drain life play Demo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post

Nobody is forcing you to use Soul Leech, but we are giving you the answer to your question and you still aren't convinced, so... there's no much more we can say.
    I think i am convinced now Thanks
    I just like that feeling of draining someone's life, but ok, i can live without it until Legion ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If you want to drain life play Demo
    oh god not this again

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    I'm gonna make this REAL simple for you:
    This just made my day. Thank you so much, I can't stop laughing XDDD.

There's a lot of people not answering the actual question here.

DoT damage for affliction locks is tied strongly to Drain Soul, on the target we are draining each tick of Drain Souls procs an extra tick of each dot for 50% damage. Drain Life does not do this and is a relative DPS loss because of it. Soul Leech is optimal for affliction due to this.

For demonology the choice is between shadow bolt and drain life as your filler, and if you talent for harvest life it's mostly a wash. You lose a little passive health from Soul Leech, but DPS is comparable between SB vs drain life IF you talent for harvest life.

For destruction, Ember tap is a DPS loss, compared to you know, casting Chaos Bolt.
    Last edited by Iax; 2016-05-02 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Added ember tap.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    oh god not this again
    You remember!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I think i am convinced now Thanks
    I just like that feeling of draining someone's life, but ok, i can live without it until Legion ...
    But draining their soul is much more satisfying! PLUS Purple > Green

I don't understand. What is look & lok dps? :<

but in all seriousness, I barely even use Drain life in pvp cause Dark regen baby, let alone in pve!
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Don't ask questions if you "don't care" about the answer.
    This x10. Nothing to see here folks.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Can someone explain it to me, why the majority of Affliction locks take Soul Leech for raiding? While in PvP most of them go for Harvest Life + Glyph of DL.
    I mean with talented and glyphed Drain Life i can heal myself to full in a very short time, so i don't understand why should i drop such a strong self heal and replace it with much weaker shield, which is obviously only good for Destro spec?

I don't have in mind mythic raiding, btw
    Btw just to inform you since you mentioned it, but harvest life/ glyph of DL isn't picked in pvp either

Unless you want to drain tank in a duel vs someone who has literally no clue what interrupting means, since at best even if u juke properly you will barely have enough uptime to justify the intent of the talent/ glyph ( aka self healing), that is why most Dark Regen is the talent of choice for pvp.

But I can feel you enjoy the whole drain life theme in general, if I were you I would simply wait until legion when drain life is the basic filler ( no talents factored) for affliction and your dream will come true
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-05-04 at 08:05 AM.