Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Ignorance is bliss.

I feel the more I know about the world, the more depressed and stressed out I get.

I would have been so much happier if I didn't know how much influence the US has worldwide, how much global stability depended on the US military ... and it's next president could be a crazy reality TV star.

/sigh

I really hope that the US's system of "checks and balances" really work.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

"Welcome to the human race, you're a mess." - Alan Watts

There really isn't a whole lot to this living thing honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I feel the more I know about the world, the more depressed and stressed out I get.

I would have been so much happier if I didn't know how much influence the US has worldwide, how much global stability depended on the US military ... and it's next president could be a crazy reality TV star.

/sigh

No, that system doesn't work and never did. You will soon realize that the reason all politicans are corrupt is because power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The good news is that after losing your innocence, you're only one step away from becoming so jaded you no longer care.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    The good news is that after losing your innocence, you're only one step away from becoming so jaded you no longer care.
    Not too sure that's "good."

/sigh

Would you rather it be China?

You guys really have it lucky, we are the most benevolent superpower in Human history.

We're just trolling the elites, we'll go with Hillary in the end.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Is the full extent of your disillusionment that the United States is powerful and that a person you don't like might win the election? Might be time to acknowledge reality on reality's terms - this isn't some terrible miscarriage of justice.

You have the most optimistic name and title I've ever seen /sarcasm.

Love it.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    pfft...she's part of the problem.
    Bought and paid for.

It can be sometimes unless you are about to eat some Soylent Green.

I stopped reading all news years ago and I am much better off for it. It was partly because I don't want to know, and also that I am principally against the existance of news and journalists and absolutely against all politics and politicians. Everything they do or say is irrelevant to me since I want them to not exist to begin with.

I highly recommend you stop caring about news and see if your life improves, mine certainly did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life is what you make of it. It's not easy to change how you think, but you can do it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Would you rather it be China?

You guys really have it lucky, we are the most benevolent superpower in Human history.
    I'm worried the US will cease to continue to be engaged with the world as a "benevolent superpower".

Trump's rhetoric is highly xenophobic and undiplomatic. The damage that can happen to the US's relationships with it's allies globally ...

As much of a sleazeball Hillary is, she more or less represents "Business as usual.". It's not the best of all worlds but she won't possibly be the end of the world as we know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Is the full extent of your disillusionment that the United States is powerful and that a person you don't like might win the election? Might be time to acknowledge reality on reality's terms - this isn't some terrible miscarriage of justice.
    I fully accept the role the US has played, and will hopefully continue to play, in the world.

What I'm worried about is the US deciding to stop playing that role for shortsighted reasons or somehow becomes incapable of doing so.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I'm worried the US will cease to continue to be engaged with the world as a "benevolent superpower".

Trump's rhetoric is highly xenophobic and undiplomatic. The damage that can happen to the US's relationships with it's allies globally ...

As much of a sleazeball Hillary is, she more or less represents "Business as usual.". It's not the best of all worlds but she won't possibly be the end of the world as we know it.

- - - Updated - - -

I fully accept the role the US has played, and will hopefully continue to play, in the world.

What I'm worried about is the US deciding to stop playing that role for shortsighted reasons or somehow becomes incapable of doing so.
    Outside of wanting to slow down immigration from Islamic nations and opposition to illegal immigration, whats xenophobic?

/sigh

Pack your bags and go live in a third world country. Then get back to us how depressing it is to live in a 1st world country.

Shesh.

What people qualify as depressing and stress now a days is a joke.

People's internet goes out for 30 minutes and the world is ending.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Outside of wanting to slow down immigration from Islamic nations and opposition to illegal immigration, whats xenophobic?
    He also wants to mess with trade.

http://www.voanews.com/content/repor...d/3241504.html

"Inward-looking" is the way I would describe his policies.

Also the man isn't very welcomed overseas. This can't be good for relations.

Dream on. I'm getting a gigantic kick today out of the fact that Latinos celebrated cinco de mayo yesterday -- with protests against Hillary.

Hysterical
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-07 at 03:44 PM.

/sigh

If you haven't yet read about the state of Puerto Rico, That shit and how it happen is highly depressing and fucked up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you haven't yet read about the state of Puerto Rico, That shit and how it happen is highly depressing and fucked up.
    Oh I know about PR, I saw the Last Week Tonight segment. It's pretty fucked up.

The problem is ... it actually could get worse.

The world is in "uncertain times" right now. The global economy is weak. China and Russia are acting up.

This really isn't the time for the US to be reckless you know. The rest of the world is counting on you - as the most powerful nation in the world, the responsibility is in your lap whether you want it or not.

Deleted
    Trolling the elites and then going with the corporate sock puppet? If that isnt ironic, I dont know what is.