Need help with WW CM bis gear?

So a person told me that for CM i just need my normal Bis Stat which is multistrike > versa >= crit

but now i find out that Serenity is not even the talent you should go with, instead we should use Chi-ex and use another Stat priority such as Haste >> Multi

this weekend i'm gonna have my very first CM attempt with some guildies and now i feel a bit lost, is it really mandatory to use Chi-ex and stack haste as main stat instead of Serenity and multistrike?

I couldn't find a complete guide for a CM WW contender that's why i'm asking here
    What are all the tier talents for CM as a WW?
    Also, is it obligatory to bring ONLY 630 gear? , what if my current ilvl 720 gear has haste / multi , can i use that just fine instead of farming a 630 ilvl gear that gives the same stat relation?

Thank you very much

I'm no huge expert as WW is my offspec, but I completed CMs with my alt WW around new year. And I had haste/multi on most or all gear. I also had double WW spec for some runs, to switch between chiex more aoe oriented talents to more single target talents for bosses (xuen and serenity...and chi wave I guess). A lot of the time I messed up the switching and we still got all golds so if you're in a good group you don't need to worry too much .
    oh and your gear will scale down, so yes bring what ever ilvl gear you have as long as its at least 630 and has your prefered stats on it. just be prepared that 720 wont mean as much of those stats once its scaled down to 630 but that's the whole point.
    and also from what I understand soul cap and blademaster trinkets are overpowered massively for CMs. I only had blademaster.

hope this helps a bit and good luck!

Deleted
    Hey there.

As you both said you basically need haste + ms on your gear.
    I personally run ms enchants on my gear, warsong on weapon ( 2 handed staff from inscription ).
    You possibly could go with two dps spec and switch for single target bosses, but that's really not necessary to get the job done. As long as you pull the bosses with some tiger eye brew stacks, that you pre-pot and re-pot in fight the dps should be there.

Regarding the talents, velocity + chi torpedo is REALLY strong in CMs ( with the victory roll glyph ). Cool thing, torpedo is also good on single target. If you are not used to this talent, RJW remains a good choice and will be really strong on aoe. Although, give a try to torpedo, it's pretty fun to play with ( keep in mind that your clones won't roll, so if you have the clones up your torpedos won't do all the damage they should ).

You'll also want chi burst, that's pretty straight forward. Diffuse magic will help you a lot. Leg sweep of course. I personally like going chi brew to be able to burst right at the beginning of that packs, for instance in docks, when pulling a looot of mobs, you need to be efficient pretty quick and thus chi brew helps. Up to you though.

To sum things i'll link a little spreadsheet gathering different BIS lists for several spec in CM : https: //docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NGwP4A21KkCSV_7oMS5-yK-z0af9GtR-B901aWfjKf4/htmlview?usp=sheets_home&sle=true# ( mind the space after https, can't post links yet )

I personally don't like going soul capa in cms, i feel like it will just troll you more than help you. The TBC timewalking are coming and if i'm correct you can get a proper trinket from there, big agi trinket on use, kinda like the coin, pretty strong and definitely easier to use than capacitor.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is purely anecdotal, but it would seem the value of haste goes down the faster you kill trash, which is the goal isn't it? Bosses yes, as those fights are longer, but I went with a Crit/Multi build and didn't have any issues completing 8/8. Regardless, the most important piece of gear you can get is Mirror of the Blademaster.

Go Celerity, Chi Burst, Chi Brew (any are fine in this row), Leg Sweep, Diffuse Magic, and Chi Torpedo. Celerity/Chi Torpedo combined with Victory Roll is an extremely powerful combo, especially when you learn how to snipe low health kills.

If you can dual spec WW, then pick Xuen for bosses as he offers a more reliable 3min dps cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    This is purely anecdotal, but it would seem the value of haste goes down the faster you kill trash, which is the goal isn't it? Bosses yes, as those fights are longer, but I went with a Crit/Multi build and didn't have any issues completing 8/8. Regardless, the most important piece of gear you can get is Mirror of the Blademaster.

Go Celerity, Chi Burst, Chi Brew (any are fine in this row), Leg Sweep, Diffuse Magic, and Chi Torpedo. Celerity/Chi Torpedo combined with Victory Roll is an extremely powerful combo, especially when you learn how to snipe low health kills.

If you can dual spec WW, then pick Xuen for bosses as he offers a more reliable 3min dps cooldown.
    when you say 8/8 you mean Gold ?

For just 8/8 gold not speed kills and stuff, only things you need to know are:
    -get a council trinket(mirror of the blademaster),as for 2nd agility proc one would be good;
    -haste/multistrike gear,ilvl 630+, play with chi explosion and chi burst as dps talents;
    -get a lot of agility pots and use them constantly, but make sure you wont get the inviz pot on cd when needed.
    This should be more than enough to achive gold timers .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockjael View Post
    when you say 8/8 you mean Gold ?
    Affirmative. Although technically wound up tanking half of UBRS swapping between Brew and WW for trash & select bosses.

Monk BiS gear:

I ran serenity my first run through. I had a pretty easy time keeping up with everybody on the big trash pulls just doing clones, keeping RSK buff up, and spinning crane kicking.

Then, on later runs I went chiex with rjw. If you're good about clones, RJW>Chitorpedo (because torp doesn't scale with clones)

I like both. Go with what you're comfortable with. I pretty much always wanted more haste though, whether I went ST/Serenity or cleave/chiex. So I'd go haste>multi>everything else no matter what you play. Coin+spinners is BiS trinkets, and makes a pretty huge difference. Coin is really really good, there is tons of agi on it, and because its on use you can always plan to have it whenever the big pulls happen. Also the on use isn't exclusive with spinners, so you can pop em both at the same time.

But really, monks are super good in CM's, both ww and BRM. They're not quite enh shammy good, but they're really really strong. If you're comfortable with both serenity and chiex, I'd go chiex. You'll do the same damage in ST situations (or near enough it makes no difference), and more in cleave.
    Last edited by Killface1; 2016-05-04 at 03:15 PM.

Haste>Multistrike>Crit
    Blademaster
    Any agility proc trinket

Tiger's Lust
    Chi Brew
    Ascension
    Leg Sweep
    Diffuse Magic
    Xuen
    Chi Explo

If you know how to play WW you should know how to play with this build and talents, self explanatory

Deleted
    I pretty much "carried" our cm gold runs without going chi explosion. I had crit and multi gear and went serenity. I had blademaster and coin trinket though which is a huge boost.

The key to my playstyle is chi torpedo with glyph of victory roll (the one that resets cd on torpedo if you get killing blow). My aoe was just ridiculous only with chi burst ->torpedos and a few crane kicks. I found chi explosion a bit annoying to set up plus your images wouldn't benefit from torpedo so it would be a dps loss. This build also offers very strong single target damage for bosses and big adds if you need some st burst.

P.S you need to learn how to cancel torpedo animation if you don't know already. Basically you use torpedo and instantly jump and you stay in place while spinning. Try this it's super fun.