Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Added the new Mecha/Kaijo skins:

Mecha Rehgar
    Mecha Tyrael
    Xenotech Abathur

Great to see that universe getting more skins, always liked it. Also, note the lore in Mecha Tyrael's bio: there appear to be two generations of characters in this universe, with the Mecha Tassadar/Cyb'arak Anub'arak vs. Kaijo Diablo conflict being in the past of the Neo Stormwind/Principality of Orgrimmar vs. Xenotech one (the "Mecha War").

The Eternal Empire universe contains a (presumably fictionalised) version of New York, I suspect this is because it takes a lot of inspiration from 90s comic books that were often set there.
    We need some more flipplin' Kaijo's though!

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Right? Kind of surprising they made Dehaka a Mecha in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes. So far we have all these mechas, but only 1 actual kaijo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right? Kind of surprising they made Dehaka a Mecha in fact.
    I guess it is kind of hard to make a Kaijo design considering that he already looks so monstrous. Kind of the same reason Abathur got turned into a Mecha. Wouldn't mind seeing some new Kaijo designs, since we have only got Mecha skins since the game launched and the only Kaijo skin I even remember is Diablo's Godzilla, which I don't particularly care for.

Added Bonewarden Maiev and a buttload of Lunar skins.

The Lunar Festival has almost as many skins as the other events combined! I wonder if we'll get bigger holiday skin drops for the other events in future.

Added Bonewarden Maiev and a buttload of Lunar skins.

The Lunar Festival has almost as many skins as the other events combined! I wonder if we'll get bigger holiday skin drops for the other events in future.
    Dunno about Azmodan and Genji. Their skins are only recolors, even don't have unique description. And Monkey King Samuro isn't exclusive skin to the Lunar Festival, it was only released during this event.
    Last edited by skorpio; 2018-02-07 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Dunno about Azmodan and Genji. Their skins are only recolors, even don't have unique description. And Monkey King Samuro isn't exclusive skin to the Lunar Festival, it was only released during this event.
    That's true, but they labelled them Lunar Festival so I decided to put them in there - it doesn't really matter since "Holiday" is kind of a misc bucket, it's not really a unique universe.

I suspect they might start doing more of those repaint Holiday skins.

I think you're right about Samuro though, I'll move him.

That's true, but they labelled them Lunar Festival so I decided to put them in there - it doesn't really matter since "Holiday" is kind of a misc bucket, it's not really a unique universe.

I suspect they might start doing more of those repaint Holiday skins.

I think you're right about Samuro though, I'll move him.
    And u missed Love Goddess Tyrande in Love is in the Air event

And Monkey Samuro would fit into real world/samurai theme more - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong
    Last edited by skorpio; 2018-02-07 at 02:10 PM.

And u missed Love Goddess Tyrande in Love is in the Air event

And Monkey Samuro would fit into real world/samurai theme more - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong
    Ta, added her.

It's kinda debateable where you put all the ones at the bottom of the list really - they're mostly just to organise them a bit better. Since the Monkey King is more mythology than a strict Samurai vs. Ninjas theme I decided not to put him there. Shrug.

Ta, added her.

It's kinda debateable where you put all the ones at the bottom of the list really - they're mostly just to organise them a bit better. Since the Monkey King is more mythology than a strict Samurai vs. Ninjas theme I decided not to put him there. Shrug.
    There's an actual monkey king in Pandaria (he's one of the monk followers and helped Shao'hao with the Sha). Not sure if it's the same monkey king or if this one is more in reference of the real life myth. The skin description doesn't offer a lot of clarity either.

There's an actual monkey king in Pandaria (he's one of the monk followers and helped Shao'hao with the Sha). Not sure if it's the same monkey king or if this one is more in reference of the real life myth. The skin description doesn't offer a lot of clarity either.
    Yeah I considered that but I don't think so, unless there's some evidence I'm assuming it's a reference to the real world mythological Monkey King.

We have a new universe!

ENFORCERS:
    Watchdog Greymane
    Enforcer Johanna
    Paramedic Morales

We have a new universe!

ENFORCERS:
    Watchdog Greymane
    Enforcer Johanna
    Paramedic Morales
    Yup, it's a new group, but is it new universe? Not sure about that. It could be part of Eternal Emipre universe, something like S.H.I.E.L.D. Problem is there is no reference in character bios so we need to wait.
    I looked through your list and I think Monkey Samuro could fit Mystic Kingdom universe.
    Thunder Guard Zarya is definietly a reference to Asgard/Midgard but it could fit Eternal Empire universe (Marvel's Asgard reference)
    And u missed Berserker Kharazim - obvious reference to Wolverine in look and bios. Not sure where he belongs. Mentioned "Hellfire Cabal" sounds Diabloish but it's reference to Hellfire Club. Superhero universe? Alternate Diablo? No idea.

Yup, it's a new group, but is it new universe? Not sure about that. It could be part of Eternal Emipre universe, something like S.H.I.E.L.D. Problem is there is no reference in character bios so we need to wait.
    I looked through your list and I think Monkey Samuro could fit Mystic Kingdom universe.
    Thunder Guard Zarya is definietly a reference to Asgard/Midgard but it could fit Eternal Empire universe (Marvel's Asgard reference)
    And u missed Berserker Kharazim - obvious reference to Wolverine in look and bios. Not sure where he belongs. Mentioned "Hellfire Cabal" sounds Diabloish but it's reference to Hellfire Club. Superhero universe? Alternate Diablo? No idea.
    Yeah my practice is to keep them separate until some evidence confirms the universe is shared, so they're apart for now at least.

I'm still waiting to see if they add more to the Thunder Guard universe, the bio sounds like there's more possibilities. Ditto Mystic Kingdoms (at the moment all that ties the Arthas and Kharazim skins is aesthetics).

You're right I somehow missed Berserker Kharazim. Going to leave him in "Other" for now.

Hmm, not sure where to put Ruinwalker Fenix. Aesthetically he looks almost Warcrafty, particularly thinking of the Deepholm art style back in Cata. But his bio says it's a native Nexus skin - no indication of which one though. The mention of "primordial wilds" and his plant look makes me think King's Crest (Garden of Terror/Dragon Shire) would be the best fit.

Still that's just speculation. Hmm.

Incidentally, here's a list of the battlegrounds and which universe/realm they occupy:

King's Crest
    Dragon Shire
    Garden of Terror

Mistharbor
    Blackheart's Bay

Luxoria
    Sky Temple
    Tomb of the Spider Queen

Raven Court
    Cursed Hollow
    Haunted Mines
    Towers of Doom

Sanctuary
    Battlefield of Eternity
    Infernal Shrines

Koprulu Sector
    Braxis Holdout
    Warhead Junction

Overwatch
    Hanamura
    Volskaya Foundry

Interestingly, I read that King's Crest was the first map they worked on for HoTS, and Blackheart's Bay was derived from the docks part of the first map - so it may eventually turn out that Mistharbor is part of King's Crest. Can't establish that for a fact just yet though so for now I'll keep them separate like the wiki does.

http://heroesofthestorm.wikia.com/wiki/Kings_Crest

I note that King's Crest is the only "native" HoTS universe so far with no skins explicitly associated with it. Except Garden Shambler Murky, which I have in the Holiday section... come on Blizzard make that a regular skin...
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-04-14 at 04:25 AM.

Ooooh, you woke up
    Decard Cain Wastewalker skin reads: "Few know what lies buried beneath the wastelands. But Deckard has wandered far and wide, gleaning knowledge from forgotten ruins. He may soon discover what came before, and why the world ended."
    And Mad Axe Garrosh: "Of all the biker gangs marauding the wastelands, none are as feared as the Warsong Outriders. Led by the mutant warlord Garrosh, the roar of their engines is the sound of death on wheels."
    So there is new realm, Wastelands (reference to Fallout/Wasteland) which isn't connect to any other existing.

Wastelands (reference to Fallout/Wasteland)
    Or more likely...a reference to Mad Max(if "Mad Axe", and Garrosh's whole aesthetic didn't make that clear).

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, not sure where to put Ruinwalker Fenix. Aesthetically he looks almost Warcrafty, particularly thinking of the Deepholm art style back in Cata. But his bio says it's a native Nexus skin - no indication of which one though.
    Based on his looks I'd say he's probably related to whatever universe spawned Emberlord Zul'jin.

Ooooh, you woke up
    Decard Cain Wastewalker skin reads: "Few know what lies buried beneath the wastelands. But Deckard has wandered far and wide, gleaning knowledge from forgotten ruins. He may soon discover what came before, and why the world ended."
    And Mad Axe Garrosh: "Of all the biker gangs marauding the wastelands, none are as feared as the Warsong Outriders. Led by the mutant warlord Garrosh, the roar of their engines is the sound of death on wheels."
    So there is new realm, Wastelands (reference to Fallout/Wasteland) which isn't connect to any other existing.
    Hmmm, could be, wastelands is a generic term but they are aesthetically similar. I'll bundle him together with Mad Axe when he comes out - for the smaller universes I've tended to file them under "alternate universe/what if" rather than split them out as a separate category, to save space.

Come to think of it, maybe there's enough now that I could split the Alternate Universe catch-all from the "What If" type universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Based on his looks I'd say he's probably related to whatever universe spawned Emberlord Zul'jin.
    Possible, there's quite a few skins that have fairly generic descriptions and I imagine that really an artist threw together some cool art and they were like "sure why not". Never quite sure where to put them.

Don't sleep Decard is waiting. And Dark Nexus.
    I think you need a little upgrade to Nexus zones.

Nexus

Raven Court
    characters

Luxoria
    characters
    etc.
    You could add Dark Nexus, Unrelated (Fenix skin), maybe even other universes (Sanctuary, Overwatch, Koprulu Sector)

Yeah haven't had a lot of time lately. I've added the Deckard and Dark Nexus skins.

One interesting thing - despite it not being mentioned in the bio anywhere, Deckard comes up when you search for "Mad Axe", which I can only assume means Blizzard has hashtags on these skins (wish they'd expose them). Anyway, pretty clear indication it's meant to be part of that universe.

It seems pretty inconsistent, for example I can't find a keyword to search that brings up all the Eternal Empire skins. But colours work, you can get all red skins by searching "red" etc.