Thread: Civilization VI

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Well, i tried the new expansion a few times and .. i cannot recommend it for the full price of 40$/€ they charge.

The new civilizations are among the stronger ones,
    the diplomatic victory is once again a race for being the suzeran of as many city-states as possible,
    and the climate change is ... rather meek, depending on the map you play.

Don't get me wrong, rising sealevels and more other catastrophies are nothing to sneeze at, but they are not that dangerous either. Flooding of lower regions can be used as a weapon against those who build primarily on coast (Norway, Maori, ...) but is no threat for those that stay inland (Hungary, Rome, ...).
    Floods are too easily controlled with dams (and you will build them for rather cheap energy), and smaller poles opens up new seaways previously blocked by ice. And with 1 senator and several wonders migitating the other catastrophies ... stage 8 of climate change can be a boon for some. Unless you play an archipelago map there is very little incentive for the non-seafarers to be somewhat ecofriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Hate to bump an old thread, but at least staying on topic. Sorry, there’s no news for people that clicked for that, just a late to the party post.

Played my first game (Sumerian) totally blind as to what changes have been made in the series since... call to power. I’ve felt I was 4x’ed out for some time now, and not having a decently functioning PC has kept me out of a few genres. Have this for the Switch, and what can I say? I’m impressed. So much polish, and so many mistakes I realized I’ve made as I progressed through the game (such as cities on the coast, yay having them dead on water doesn’t matter anymore!). I will soundly lose every category as my 500 turn game winds to a close. Maybe I can asspull a victory in 50 more turns, but I doubt it. Rise and fall/disaster expansion were on sale on eshop, so that was an easy buy. Other Civ’s... I’m not so sure. Maybe after another game or two I may be tempted but I’m not at all tempted right now.

Even after this game I’m not sure I fully understand everything going on in the game. I stopped dealing with religion related items dozens of turns ago, and don’t feel to be faltering because of it. I realize how critical district placement is now, how OP some policies I didn’t pick may become, and how the leader I chose should have been played. Looking forward to many more games.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Hate to bump an old thread, but at least staying on topic. Sorry, there’s no news for people that clicked for that, just a late to the party post.

Played my first game (Sumerian) totally blind as to what changes have been made in the series since... call to power. I’ve felt I was 4x’ed out for some time now, and not having a decently functioning PC has kept me out of a few genres. Have this for the Switch, and what can I say? I’m impressed. So much polish, and so many mistakes I realized I’ve made as I progressed through the game (such as cities on the coast, yay having them dead on water doesn’t matter anymore!). I will soundly lose every category as my 500 turn game winds to a close. Maybe I can asspull a victory in 50 more turns, but I doubt it. Rise and fall/disaster expansion were on sale on eshop, so that was an easy buy. Other Civ’s... I’m not so sure. Maybe after another game or two I may be tempted but I’m not at all tempted right now.

Even after this game I’m not sure I fully understand everything going on in the game. I stopped dealing with religion related items dozens of turns ago, and don’t feel to be faltering because of it. I realize how critical district placement is now, how OP some policies I didn’t pick may become, and how the leader I chose should have been played. Looking forward to many more games.
    A lot of the stuff is not explained in as much detail as I would have liked, so I found this guy on YT and he's really opened my eyes to the game, as well as all the hidden mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PotatoMcWhiskey