Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishysib View Post
    RNG will effect any setup you run, I think I've restarted it once due to a Xu-Fu crit, so... Anecdotal evidence vs anecdotal evidence.
    So you did restart then right and if one had backups they wouldn't have to right? So why are you proving my point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    This guide is 0 RNG-dependant
    There is no such thing. That is all the CT offers as challenge is random rng bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    There is no such thing. That is all the CT offers as challenge is random rng bad luck.
    One thing is having extremely bad luck (i.e. 3-4 crits)

and other to depend on your own crits or enemy misses to win

One thing is having extremely bad luck (i.e. 3-4 crits)

and other to depend on your own crits or enemy misses to win
    Multiple times I have had really bad luck and been hit with critical hits even when the move was suppose to be weak against me. They are elite( purple pets) up to legendary( orange) and of course one counters those pets with the proper pet counter but still they critically hit you a lot. To say that doesn't happen is a lie or you are always lucky and I have the worst luck ever. I do have horrible luck with rng in this game anyway I did the x-mas thing everyday on 22 toons and did not get the grumpus mount so my usual rng luck. Heck I get bad rng crit hits when doing the pandaria trainers to level pets to this very day. Not always but enough to have to lose and have to redo the fight every now and then. In the CT random crits happen a lot more often.

Multiple times I have had really bad luck and been hit with critical hits even when the move was suppose to be weak against me. They are elite( purple pets) up to legendary( orange) and of course one counters those pets with the proper pet counter but still they critically hit you a lot. To say that doesn't happen is a lie or you are always lucky and I have the worst luck ever. I do have horrible luck with rng in this game anyway I did the x-mas thing everyday on 22 toons and did not get the grumpus mount so my usual rng luck. Heck I get bad rng crit hits when doing the pandaria trainers to level pets to this very day. Not always but enough to have to lose and have to redo the fight every now and then. In the CT random crits happen a lot more often.
    With that guide I have only had to restart the CT once.

And that's because of Sully's last pet with Cute face

With that guide I have only had to restart the CT once.

And that's because of Sully's last pet with Cute face
    So again it happens right? Depending on rng it can happen more often right? Which is my whole point.
    Add in the skill of the person playing or mistakes one could make and it can happen more often. Which again was my whole point.
    To avoid having to start all over.

So again it happens right? Depending on rng it can happen more often right? Which is my whole point.
    Add in the skill of the person playing or mistakes one could make and it can happen more often. Which again was my whole point.
    To avoid having to start all over.
    You need 0 skill when you are following a damn guide.

Just follow the instructions. If it works 95% of the time then it's not RNG-dependant. One thing is "shit happens" and another to restart over and over again to get that one crit you need

Just follow the instructions. If it works 95% of the time then it's not RNG-dependant. One thing is "shit happens" and another to restart over and over again to get that one crit you need
    I know plenty of friends and/ or guildies that gave up on the CT due to frustration over rng. And I would tell them level up a few extras so rng isn't a factor some listened some didn't.
    Yes those guides are great but some depend on certain breeds to pull them off and people looking for short cuts tend to over look that. People can and do make mistakes and hit wrong moves at times and that will cost you in the CT. All I am saying is level a few extra pets to take rng and human error out of the equation. One doesn't even need to level the pets open up pet menageries and one gets a free level 25 stone. Or do it a pet bonus xp week and it literally takes two panadrian pet tamer battles.
    I don't see why you are arguing to not make it easier on oneself? Really don't see the logic behind your arguing.

That 18 pet one that gets linked I've never had to restart outside of my own mistakes, so I guess that one isn't RNG dependent either.

My problem with the guides was i'd always be missing some obscure pet (not blue, not level 25 etc) like Brown Marmot or a second blue s/s Nordrassil Wisp.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The howl bomb combo is getting addressed in legion, so you might as well seek additional pets and mass train them to blue status for future pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishysib View Post
    That 18 pet one that gets linked I've never had to restart outside of my own mistakes, so I guess that one isn't RNG dependent either.
    Rng isn't as big as a factor as when I did this 3 years ago either. Since miss chances is almost gone. Back before when miss was a big thing I could miss 3 times or more in a row and lose due to that. Even now one can still miss if sandstorm or darkness going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My problem with the guides was i'd always be missing some obscure pet (not blue, not level 25 etc) like Brown Marmot or a second blue s/s Nordrassil Wisp.
    I usually look up if I have a pet with similar skills, this has worked out quite well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I usually look up if I have a pet with similar skills, this has worked out quite well for me.
    Yeah, my giant sewer rat got double crit by Chi Chi, so that shit on that team, so just used Rotball and a squirrel instead. Not always that lucky, but frogs, crabs, flyers I've lucked out with.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    This is the best guide. Get those pets and the tournament is easy. Almost done my Celestial Family Achievement
    Casual.

I was frustrated with having to restart every time xu fu crit my chrominus, however on the wowhead page for xu fu there are many pet combos that will down him regardless of crit and are not used in previous rounds, such as the micro sentry lil bling tranquil mechanical yeti
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com