Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Then you're really going to hate playing a tank in the first weeks (months?) of Legion.
    Well that's unfortunate considering Blizzard (Celestalon) stated that they're really aiming on diminishing that style of play. I remember the tank dev cooler of him and Ion stating they don't want tanks to have to keep AM up 100% but more in the range of 60%-70%

Aye, they don't want that. Even though, Bears, DK, Monks/Warrior kind of, all can have 100% or close too it. Hell, DK are made too have 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by GameFX View Post
    Well that's unfortunate considering Blizzard (Celestalon) stated that they're really aiming on diminishing that style of play. I remember the tank dev cooler of him and Ion stating they don't want tanks to have to keep AM up 100% but more in the range of 60%-70%
    Aah, your phrasing was ambiguous. I thought you meant not being able to maintain AM all the time was what you didn't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Aye, they don't want that. Even though, Bears, DK, Monks/Warrior kind of, all can have 100% or close too it. Hell, DK are made too have 100% uptime.
    I think for DH and DK the high uptime is pretty much a mechanic to counter the spikyness of our health pools. We need to take damage to mitigate damage (self heals) so if we die before we can get that heal out, it's not really fun and there ain't much to do about it. That's why our AM is also weaker, it's just a smoothing tool instead of the "complete" package.

For 110, I really hope they will increase DH base health or make 100% DS easily attainable, otherwise we'll have it pretty rough in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Only boss I tried to tank in the beta was Ursoc and although I didn't really have tank trinkets or artifact traits unlocked, I can tell you that damn he hits like a truck. I felt very much at the mercy of my healers on that fight, but it will probably be a bit better at launch. I think once we get tier pieces and the good legendaries we'll be really strong

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if we are able to keep it up 100% with relative ease I guess I"m cool with that to; because perma 20% damage from Razor Spikes talent

Deleted
    I mean if we are able to keep it up 100% with relative ease I guess I"m cool with that to; because perma 20% damage from Razor Spikes talent
    It only applies to physical damage,so it wouldn't be a 20% damage increase. Only applies to auto attack, Shear, Soul Cleave, Throw Glaive and Fracture as far as I know.
    Last edited by mmocb0e79dfb44; 2016-08-26 at 03:22 PM.

Yeah then you would just stack as much mastery as possoble for progression then switch for farm and get as little mastery as possible for max dps.

Also the physical damage abilities are usually the majority of our damage on St. And soul cleave is up there for aoe, higher with that 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Munkky - Really makes me miss Reforging ....still really dislike they took it out of the game

So from a mechanics/utility perspective (as survivability #s can change), any opinions on whether blood dk or veng dh would perform better in higher level mythic+? (as in 10-15). Love playstyle of both--can't pick!
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

It's a toss up after the nerfs. If you get the bracers you could have Silence and chains up every ~20 seconds for some good utility. The main reason to have a dk is the surv/dps and the better grip. The former of which just got nerfed when we got buffed.

Personally I'd go dh because we have more utility in silences, that gets improved by legendaries.