Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inscription changes in Legion

Posted from Beta patch notes:

• Major glyphs, along with many minor glyphs, have been converted or removed from the game.
    • Scribes can now craft Vantus Runes, a consumable item that allows a player to perform more effectively against one particular raid boss each week.
    Inscription without glyphs?? Rly??? Seems like Enchanters without enchants

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    Posted from Beta patch notes:

Inscription without glyphs?? Rly??? Seems like Enchanters without enchants

What do you think?
    There are glyphs. Cosmetic-only tho. (Mind the word "converted")

http://legion.wowhead.com/items=16?f...66;crs=7;crv=0
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-12 at 08:14 AM.

This was known for a long time.

(Thoughts: they keep reshuffling things for no good reason, it'd be much better if instead of doing 20% adding new things and 80% changing existing things, they'd do 80% adding and 20% changing.)

Enchanters did lose the majority of the gear slots they could enchant. Now scribes are losing major glyphs but keeping minor glyphs and gaining a new kind of rune to craft. They are consumables that last a week so everybody will need new ones all the time.

In addition:

"The Glyph panel has been removed from the game. Some minor glyphs that had a cosmetic effect that does not apply to a specific spell have been converted into cosmetic items that provide the same effects as before.
    Some minor glyphs that made cosmetic alterations to a specific spell have been added to the spell itself in the spellbook."

I'm not sure what this means. Are most glyphs including legacy glyphs gone?

And the panel is the class specialization glyph panel? If so, how are glyphs applied?

Vantus Runes are like potions or elixirs?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs are applied directly to spells using the spell book. Right clicking on a glyph opens your spell book and highlights the ability that it is to be used on. All glyphs that affect the same ability are mutually exclusive.

Vantus runes are tradeable consumables that give you a one week long buff that resets on Tuesdays. The rune gives you a significant damage bonus to one boss. Only one rune can be used per week. Each boss has its own dedicated rune.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-12 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Glyphs are applied directly to spells using the spell book. Right clicking on a glyph opens your spell book and highlights the ability that it is to be used on. All glyphs that affect the same ability are mutually exclusive.

Vantus runes are tradeable consumables that give you a one week long buff that resets on Tuesdays. The rune gives you a significant damage bonus to one boss. Only one rune can be used per week. Each boss has its own dedicated rune.
    How many glyphs are left? How does this work with the pre-100 levels?

Re: exclusive glyphs for the same spell, it would be cool if scribes could complete a questline to learn how to craft improved versions of glyphs that combine the effects of the regular ones. Example: Improved Glyph of Cheetah Travel combines the Travel glyph with the Cheetah skin, whereas this is currently impossible.

Make the mats difficult to get, and customers will put a premium on obtaining these cosmetic glyphs.

So besides minor glyphs and 1 week rune whats the point of picking up inscription?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    So besides minor glyphs and 1 week rune whats the point of picking up inscription?
    Cards, Trinkets, Artifact relics (basically weapon slots),Minor Glyphs, and Vantus runes

I think that's about it
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2016-05-13 at 05:00 AM.

The Vantus runes weiill sell for a lot

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription, Cooking, and alchemy are the only professions that offer tangible performance increases, not including the terrible crafted gear. Professions are about utility/quality-of-life now, not about making millions of gold or min/maxing pve performance.

Deleted
    Vantus Runes looks like a HORRIBLE game design to me. Just click on an item, and boom, you'll do better against one boss ? That's.. lame ? Am I the only one thinking that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    Vantus Runes looks like a HORRIBLE game design to me. Just click on an item, and boom, you'll do better against one boss ? That's.. lame ? Am I the only one thinking that ?
    As someone who primarly pugs due to work hours meaning I can't find a stable guild. This is going to be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    It's to make farming easier, once you've beaten the boss at least once. It will help getting those re-kills 1 or 2 weeks after the initial kill, so you can have more time on the new boss. As a 2 day raiding guild, I welcome this change!

If you wanna make gold at the start of expansion Inscription is the way to go...

It has always seemed like Blizzard never knows quite what to do with Inscription expansion to expansion. Step 1: "hey let's try this out...." Step 2: "ok, that didn't work" Step 3: repeat next expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    It's to make farming easier, once you've beaten the boss at least once. It will help getting those re-kills 1 or 2 weeks after the initial kill, so you can have more time on the new boss. As a 2 day raiding guild, I welcome this change!
    Yeah, but it's only one boss for the entire week. Will it be that helpful ? Can't really say about the utility (not really into raiding), but as a design it's just "click" and then you have a buff on one boss. It's kinda disappointing after the glyphs imo :/

Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    Yeah apart from the fact you should be using your rune on the boss your progressing on, not something you already killed..
    Think its a horrible system tbh, LFR and pug normals wont use it.
    So at most your looking at HC and Mythic progressing guilds that likely have a couple scribes providing em with their rune of the week..

Darkmoon cards will likely sell like hot butter like always, cosmetic glyphs will kick in a little later after the leveling rush but meh, not expecting the profit ratio we currently have.

I'm in the beta and looked at Inscription which is my main's profession and I'm asking the same thing. Why should I continue with Inscription. It appears to have been totally gutted.