Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A simple, yet not simple question...

If we're having issues with a certain poster (something like them pulling one of your posts and putting it into their signature to attack you at every turn) what do we do about it?

7+ Year Old Account
    nothing.
    because the sig quotes are mostly very idiotic and deserved to be laughed at.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Put them on ignore.

Attacking you at every turn =/= quoting your dumb statement about paying a DDoS service to attack a private server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks should be cautious what they post online, since that information will always be out there for people to quote and reference later. Although we can review signatures on a case by case basis if they are being used to harass someone, in general we wouldn't consider simply quoting someone to be attacking them.

However, if a user is harassing you, you are welcome to report them for moderator review. You can click the little triangle on the corner of their post or private message to send a copy to the moderator and explain why you feel they are acting inappropriately or against the rules.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Folks should be cautious what they post online, since that information will always be out there for people to quote and reference later. Although we can review signatures on a case by case basis if they are being used to harass someone, in general we wouldn't consider simply quoting someone to be attacking them.

However, if a user is harassing you, you are welcome to report them for moderator review. You can click the little triangle on the corner of their post or private message to send a copy to the moderator and explain why you feel they are acting inappropriately or against the rules.
    Ok, thank you for the response. I'll just continue to report all of his posts until he removes the quote. That's what I was doing in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    Ok, thank you for the response. I'll just continue to report all of his posts until he removes the quote. That's what I was doing in the first place.
    That sounds like moderator harassment (or really, abuse of the reporting function).

You should go the "private message and explain" route, and be all right if you receive a response such as "sorry, we do not view that quote as harassment."
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is likely to get you banned before anything happens to him - if his posts aren't actually report worthy, he wont even know you are reporting him, and you will end up getting yelled at by the mods.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    That sounds like moderator harassment (or really, abuse of the reporting function).

You should go the "private message and explain" route, and be all right if you receive a response such as "sorry, we do not view that quote as harassment."
    So, me doing what was suggested (using the report function) is harassment?

Why would they tell me to do something (reporting posts) if it was abuse or harassment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That is likely to get you banned before anything happens to him - if his posts aren't actually report worthy, he wont even know you are reporting him, and you will end up getting yelled at by the mods.
    So, he harasses me with every one of his posts (by trying to turn everyone else against me), and I'm the one that will get punished?

That's literally not what he said.
    Tziva clearly said report him if you are being harassed, but quoting you in his sig is not bannable. So if you continue to report him for having the quote in his sig, you will get nothing accomplished except your own punishment.

7+ Year Old Account

Why would they tell me to do something (reporting posts) if it was abuse or harassment?

- - - Updated - - -

So, he harasses me with every one of his posts (by trying to turn everyone else against me), and I'm the one that will get punished?
    See how both other posters thought similarly to me? That is because what you're suggesting, isn't what you were advised.

Report posts *if* they may harass you, not "I'll just continue to report all of his posts until he removes the quote."

If the quote is not harassment, then reporting "all of his posts until he removes the quote" is an abuse of the system.

I see that you say "he harasses me with every one of his posts" and if that is true, then of course please report!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account

Putting a quote in his signature isn't harassment, this is a public forum and you don't have rights to anything you post here... YOU said whatever is causing problems for you, not him... you are the only one at fault for whatever grief you receive over it.

And of course without knowing exactly what he quoted from you (and any other context in the signature, does he flame/attack the quote in his sig too, or did he simply quote you and leave it at that?), we can't really have a debate here - you need to clarify, or suck it up and take responsibility for whatever you said.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-12 at 11:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Huh? Why would you have an issue with that? You posted it to a public forum
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

- - - Updated - - -

You can only report him if his POSTS are harassing. You not liking that he's quoting you =/= harassment.

If you didn't want him quoting you, you shouldn't have fuckin posted whatever it is he's quoting. Welcome to the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can only assume it's what is in -Skye's signature, in which case, that is not harassment, not in the slightest. You advocated committing a crime on a public forum, he (and anyone else who happens to quote you on it) is simply informing others about what kind of person you are... you are getting the kind of attention you brought on yourself.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-12 at 11:25 PM.

Well, I can only assume it's what is in -Skye's signature, in which case, that is not harassment, not in the slightest. You advocated committing a crime on a public forum, he (and anyone else who happens to quote you on it) is simply informing others about what kind of person you are... you are getting the kind of attention you brought on yourself.
    Yeah, I personally unsubscribed from his youtube channel when I saw that he advocated such a thing :/

So, the death threats I've been getting from him & several other members of the MMOC community don't count in that either?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't say stupid stuff? Welcome to the Internet where nothing you do or say will ever die.

So, the death threats I've been getting from him & several other members of the MMOC community don't count in that either?
    If that was really true, and you have evidence, why are you not showing it to the appropriate people instead of making a thread calling one person out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death threats are illegal and the cops like that stuff, if you have proof you can go there. I'm thinking that's a rather large "if" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Report the death threats, ignore the stuff where he disagrees with you, seems cut and dry to me.