[Disc] Help with my healing

Was doing mythic mannoroth yesterday, and I feel that my healing output was WAAY to low than what it should be. I feel like I should be able to be on at least 80+ HPS which I don't. Logs from yesterday: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=14
    and my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akina/advanced

Now I can also add it was my first time as disc on mythic mannoroth

After looking at your logs and gear, I think Malicrine's advice from this thread would benefit you the most regarding Arch Angel usage and mana. Just ignore the fact that everything says "BRF." The disc rotation hasn't changed much since BRF.

Some additional things I noticed... you don't have your 4 set, or more importantly... your Phylactery trinket. That trinket alone will save you enough mana to last you the entire Manny encounter without needing 1900 spirit or the Mark of Shadowmoon enchant.

Unfortunately no kill yet, but logs for reference anyway.
    Last edited by akawhisp; 2016-05-13 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From first post:

1) No 4set or DP. Both of which are pretty good for disc. DP is pretty big cause you can drop a pretty significant amount of spirit, and use mastery weapon enchant. 4set is just a free 1-2mil healing on most fights which is pretty big too.

2) Unless armory is bugging out, you have no 45, 90, or 100 talent and aren't using 2 glyphs as disc (which should be weakened soul and penance, third one doesn't matter).

3) Poor AA usage. AA is the cornerstone of disc play. Get your uptime to ~50%.

3b) Because of poor AA uptime, you have no EAA+PoH casts, which are pretty important on Man.

4) Related to 3, poor evangelism management.

5) Could have used IG 2 more times then you did. However I will say you're actually using PI and IG more than what I see a lot of disc priests doing. So your CD usage isn't terrible, and you could be holding off on them for certain parts, which is fine. But you technically can use them more than you are.

6) 2set buff (Reparation) is low. Should be 90-95%+. Means you aren't casting penance enough.

7) Low CPM. Should be ~55.

8) Poor solace uptime. At ~25%, you're better off just using MB.

Of course you can always check out my logs in sig for healing breakdown references, buff uptimes, replays and all that stuff.

Mannoroth in general has damage that comes in waves in p1/2. You'll go from having barely any damage going out, to a big burst. Just learning the damage patterns on this fight is huge, but by and large you should always be shielding people in preparation for each burst. P3 is just constant damage so just always be shielding in p3 of course.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Hey. The armory thing is my fault. It should beuptdated now. Also thanks for the good and constructive feedbacks

- - - Updated - - -

Hey. The armory thing is my fault. It should beuptdated now. Also thanks for the good and constructive feedbacks.

I try to under PI together with Shadowfiend to get as much mana back as possible, to be able to get as much mana I can out from Shadowfiend. Or else I Kinda use it together with the healing ring to be able to shield as many people as possible while the ring is active to benefit from the active,

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowfiend does not give any mana back. Only mindbender does, so pairing SF with PI does nothing besides add an insignificant amount of extra damage.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Ah I see, I guess it is just an old habit of being specced mind bender for so long, I just recently switched over to solace

Quote Originally Posted by Reikar View Post
    Ah I see, I guess it is just an old habit of being specced mind bender for so long, I just recently switched over to solace
    What I've been doing for a while now is using minderbender (for PI + mindbender mana return) while still continuing to cast Holy Fire on cooldown. This gives evangelism stacks while still providing a significant mana return.

3) Poor AA usage. AA is the cornerstone of disc play. Get your uptime to ~50%.

3b) Because of poor AA uptime, you have no EAA+PoH casts, which are pretty important on Man.

4) Related to 3, poor evangelism management.
    These points might be fixed if I fix my problem with Penance and HF/Solace usage. Which will lead me to get more Evangelism stacks so I'm able to use AA more frequently

Maybe I should just go back to mindbender like akawhisp kinda humbly suggests. Since it is not that big of a difference between Solace and MB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikar View Post
    Maybe I should just go back to mindbender like akawhisp kinda humbly suggests. Since it is not that big of a difference between Solace and MB
    Probably. Solace only wins out if you can actually use it (like >70% uptime). You're at like 20-30% which makes it effectively worse than MB. You're better off just going with MB since you can't use solace more or less on CD.

This is especially the case once you get a phylactery because there is good synergy between MB/HF and DP. Much more mana efficient and provides a nice boost to your dps, which is nice for progression. (inb4 mana doesn't matter anymore..)

Solace is a good habbit to get into. I would indeed advise someone who's not good at it to specc MB, but Solace gives stacks ... And he's probably gonna be bad with forgetting stacks if he's MB. Or he's gonna be forgetting mindbender on CD. Just go for solace. Use weakauras to make a sound when it's off cooldown or something.

Biggest problem I see is just the ABC, always be casting. You're sitting on 40 CPM, which is really low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    Solace is a good habbit to get into. I would indeed advise someone who's not good at it to specc MB, but Solace gives stacks ... And he's probably gonna be bad with forgetting stacks if he's MB. Or he's gonna be forgetting mindbender on CD. Just go for solace. Use weakauras to make a sound when it's off cooldown or something.
    True solace is a good habit to get in to, but ideally you would still be using HF even with MB. This is especially the case with a phylactery.

Even if he forgets to use MB on CD, lets say he only uses it once every 2 mins, it would still be much more beneficial than using 1.5 solace casts/min. Plus, since he does use SF on CD, I think its much more likely that he can use MB on CD.

In the end, at this point in the game it doesn't matter which one you use, as long as you actually make use out of one of them. I just feel with OP's habits, he would probably get better use out of MB. Either way, whatever he ends up using, you definitely need to have a WA or TMW or something that you can easily see when its off CD.

flash heal is 2 op and use pain sup all the time