View Poll Results: What range is your typing WPM in?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Under 35

1 2.27%
  • 35 to 60

4 9.09%
  • 61 to 85

13 29.55%
  • Over 85

26 59.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Around 90-130 or so. Pretty standard fast typist speed.

I first learned how to type fast by playing fuckin' Runescape. I was huge into merchanting and selling items, and this meant hours of spamming the same message over and over and over again. This is where my typing speed and keyboard navigation skills really developed. Writing on forums like Newgrounds and other places, as a younger kid, taught me typing form and spelling/grammar/whatever.

I'm now an actual writer, so that puts my learned skills to use I guess.

I'm a two-finger typist and occasionally have to recalibrate where my fingers are with a quick glance down at the keyboard.

56 WPM, no errors. I tend to type faster on my laptop since the keyboard is flat. That coupled with writing in your own language might boost it a bit, but not by that much I would guess.

Does the grammar have to be correct for these tests? lol. Becasue I bet a lot of people boasting high numbers suck at either spelling or grammar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Took the test. Got 78 WPM...

So I am better than a professional typist? Something is wrong here. I mean, I did spend some time learning blind typing a couple of years ago, but it's not like I practiced a lot. *shrugs* My father types like twice my speed, and he isn't professional either.
    I only type with 4 fingers and my thumb for the space bar and look at the keyboard and still beat the majority. However I program too so that has helped a lot.

I'm around 90-100 when reading something and typing it, I'm more around 120-130 when I hear something or am writing from my own thoughts. I have a slight disconnect between the speed at which I read and how fast my hands can keep up, so transcribing something is generally slower for me. My hands keep up better with the speed of my brain versus my eyes.

When I was in high school, typing was an actual course, and quite honestly one of the more useful things I learned in high school. If there's one typing error I always make, it's alternating index fingers to hit the 6 key, as it's easier to use my left hand despite being slightly closer with my right hand. Of course, this is highly dependent upon where 6 lies in whatever I'm typing and which hand/finger was last used.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Does the grammar have to be correct for these tests? lol. Becasue I bet a lot of people boasting high numbers suck at either spelling or grammar.

- - - Updated - - -

I only type with 4 fingers and my thumb for the space bar and look at the keyboard and still beat the majority. However I program too so that has helped a lot.
    We call that 8-finger technique. We have a pro streamer with hand damage than can bust out into the 130s with 8-finger. His name is Bruhdooh on Team 10FF. I coached him a little bit on how to position his hands and make use of his thumb, which has nerve injury.

Our best "NT" typist was born pretty much practicing in game chat boxes, so that's a great foundation. His name is Vielle and he can do 200+. Look him up.

We look at performance in 3 training systems, which means one test on one site doesn't really show your total skil lset. There's always one site where you are better than others. We get really detailed where our guys literally buy different keyboards and changeout individual keys to adjust actuation, depending on the texts we are attacking. It's a lot of fun and makes you even better at gaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm never going to be a secretary or taking dictation so my avg wpm will suffice. Anyway this is a gaming site. It's all about how fast you can use WASD while managing the misouse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPhan View Post
    We call that 8-finger technique. We have a pro streamer with hand damage than can bust out into the 130s with 8-finger. His name is Bruhdooh on Team 10FF. I coached him a little bit on how to position his hands and make use of his thumb, which has nerve injury.
    Hey, that's me. Just a small correction, both my hands have nerve damage, not just a single thumb.

My personal best on 10fastfingers is 160WPM (which is without a doubt my best website for speed)
    My personal best on Nitrotype is 146WPM (which is my second best website for speed)
    My personal best on Typeracer is 131WPM (I rarely use this site, but am trying to practice it more often.)

I average roughly 141-145WPM on 10fastfingers, 120-125WPM on Nitrotype, and 118-121WPM on Typeracer.

While typing I use all my fingers except my right pinky, although I am trying to change that and begin using my right pinky for apostrophes.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends how angry I am. Anywhere from 100 to 9000+

15+ Year Old Account
    67. Definitely type faster in my own language, but don't know by how much.