Nintendo to make movies, first out within 5 years, focus on animation

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With declining fortunes in the gaming sector. Time to milk that Pokemon license.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    With declining fortunes in the gaming sector. Time to milk that Pokemon license.
    More like "time to use what we have and know is popular in other avenues."

As long as it's not Super Mario Bros 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering when they'd finally getting around to following up the highly successful Super Mario Brothers movie ...

A lot of people hate on the SMB movie, but I enjoy it as a sci-fi/fantasy flick influenced by the games and is not simply a lifted storyline.

It's a decent movie with that in mind (and you can get over the early-90s hammy acting and effects).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Zelda could work, but Link would need a voice. Other than that, they have plenty of characters and places to build a proper story with.

Mario is difficult, it has a visually interesting universe, and plenty of characters, but there's no story or narrative to adapt, they would have to create one from scratch. They could create original characters for the movies which did have a personality and actually leave Mario and Luigi out of it.

Metroid is feasible story-wise, but I don't think they could make it for kids. It's too gruesome for a detailed 3D animation.

They could just create a completely original cinematic universe, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    As long as it's not Super Mario Bros 2.
    It should be Super Mario Movie Maker...

Quote Originally Posted by hzfafeao View Post
    It should be Super Mario Movie Maker...
    But we already have that, it's called, "Every Youtuber Plays Super Mario Maker." We even have an animated spin off!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss something? When did video game movies become viable again? Lol.

Tooo dang excited to hear Nintendo expanding their reach and actively improving their company. Best game company potentially ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    A lot of people hate on the SMB movie, but I enjoy it as a sci-fi/fantasy flick influenced by the games and is not simply a lifted storyline.

It's a decent movie with that in mind (and you can get over the early-90s hammy acting and effects).
    Yeah it wasn't a good Super Mario movie but I thought it was a good movie otherwise, loved Yoshi.