Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really dislike how the add buttons are gigantic on mobile, making it difficult to click on the links to the actual website. Worst of it all is the ones that tab out safari and try and open the app store for some bullshit game.

To be fair, I cannot afford a new phone at the moment, nor can I update to the latest iOS without completely breaking the phone, so I unable to get any working ad blocker software since all I've found are ones that only work on the new iOS so part of it is on my end, but MMO champ on mobile is a fair worse experience than the PC version at the moment.

Could you at least do something about the adds that tab out of safari and open the app store?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I really dislike how the add buttons are gigantic on mobile, making it difficult to click on the links to the actual website. Worst of it all is the ones that tab out safari and try and open the app store for some bullshit game.

To be fair, I cannot afford a new phone at the moment, nor can I update to the latest iOS without completely breaking the phone, so I unable to get any working ad blocker software since all I've found are ones that only work on the new iOS so part of it is on my end, but MMO champ on mobile is a fair worse experience than the PC version at the moment.

Could you at least do something about the adds that tab out of safari and open the app store?
    We don't want those kind of ads running at all. If you are seeing them, it means they were added to one of the many ad networks we use against our wishes and we need the URL to block them.

Are there any ad providers that don't do any scripted/flash advertisements.
    Until we get simple ads again that don't do anything then adblocking is the only solution.
    I have had these redirect and fake ads on desktop too, hence why there is no site for which I will turn off adblocking when I am using a browser that supports it.

Reporting them feels useless since there is always going to be another.
    Even the non-malicious one are annoying, such as auto-playing videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Are there any ad providers that don't do any scripted/flash advertisements.
    Until we get simple ads again that don't do anything then adblocking is the only solution.
    I have had these redirect and fake ads on desktop too, hence why there is no site for which I will turn off adblocking when I am using a browser that supports it.

Reporting them feels useless since there is always going to be another.
    Even the non-malicious one are annoying, such as auto-playing videos.
    If there were nice static ads that actually paid more than almost nothing, we would be happy to use them. Unfortunately that only happens when we are able to sell ads directly and control them ourselves, which is only a minority of the time.

It is either users viewing ads to cover costs or people willing to pay a small amount to disable ads. If there are other revenue ideas feel free to send them our way, but we are trying to keep the bad ads out the best we can while still remaining operational.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We don't want those kind of ads running at all. If you are seeing them, it means they were added to one of the many ad networks we use against our wishes and we need the URL to block them.
    I'm using an older iphone, but would perhaps letting it load to see what app it's linking to help identify which URLs you are looking for? Or what would be the best way to find out the URLs themselves? When it happens, I don't see any other links pop up before loading the app store. Anything I can do to help remove these, just tell me. I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this stuff.

I haven't noticed it with any other websites, although I only tend to go to 5 sites on my phone and MMO champ seems to be the only one doing it. Also, I notice it only happens when I tend scroll down to the bottom of a page and attempt to click the "next" button or one around it. I zoom in to make sure I'm hitting the actual button as opposed to one of the adds, but while the page it loading, that's when it tabs out and opens up the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I'm using an older iphone, but would perhaps letting it load to see what app it's linking to help identify which URLs you are looking for? Or what would be the best way to find out the URLs themselves? When it happens, I don't see any other links pop up before loading the app store. Anything I can do to help remove these, just tell me. I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this stuff.

I haven't noticed it with any other websites, although I only tend to go to 5 sites on my phone and MMO champ seems to be the only one doing it. Also, I notice it only happens when I tend scroll down to the bottom of a page and attempt to click the "next" button or one around it. I zoom in to make sure I'm hitting the actual button as opposed to one of the adds, but while the page it loading, that's when it tabs out and opens up the app store.
    I haven't actually had an iPhone to use to see this in action, but I assume it forwards your browser to some other URL that opens the app store. That URL should be in the history. If it opens it directly and there is nothing in the history, the actual app it is sending you to is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I haven't actually had an iPhone to use to see this in action, but I assume it forwards your browser to some other URL that opens the app store. That URL should be in the history. If it opens it directly and there is nothing in the history, the actual app it is sending you to is better than nothing.
    Sure thing. Next time it happens, I'll take some screen grabs if i can and pass them along.