10+ Year Old Account

Question! MoP Bonus Rep?

So I kinda took a break and went casual during MoP, meaning I missed out on a bit of stuff. I do remember that during a later patch we could select a rep and gain "Bonus Rep" doing certain things, like Heroic Dungeons, ect.

Well I'm currently getting all the Angler stuff out of the way, but is there any way to get that Bonus Rep still or no? I already selected it and all - but upon running a Heroic Dungeon I wasn't gaining rep from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it was just a once a day bonus from the 1st random Mist's Heroic & scenario, not a thing to gain rep from mob kills

i think it was getting exalted with a toon you could buy a token to get account wide bonus rep so getting rep on alts was much easier.

don't think this was possible with the anglers though.

you are actually able to get such a token for the anglers once you hit revered. see here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=93225/gr...of-the-anglers

10+ Year Old Account
    So you guys keep mentioning the token but I know about that. I'm talking about "Championing" a faction. Its a star next to the rep on the left side. You can Champion the Angler rep - and it says you can earn extra rep by doing various things when you Champion a faction.

Don't remember if that champion thing required you to do a random heroic or if it just applied to the first one you did on the day. My gut tells me it's the first one, making it useless for you. If so, you can always hunt down Zandalari warbringers and scouts. They drop BoA rep tokens for some MoP factions.

There's also some work order type thing you can undertake on the farm. Didn't really use it during MoP and don't know if it's decent or not.

Warbringers do no drop tokens for Angler's unfortunately.

You may be able to server hop to pick up multiple daily quests {I have no idea if the quests are standardized across zones} like you can for Molten Front quests.

The extra rep only applied to the first random you did, and it's possible it was only for MoP dungeons.

Anglers rep was a fairly fast one from what I remember. There's a few dailies, all pretty close to the questgiver, and you can fish up the quest fish for an extra bonus. You'll level up your fishing skill fairly fast if you haven't already. And you might fish up a few tiny carp pets along the way.

It was only for MoP Heroics/Scenarios queued through the dungeon finder. Once you outlevel those dungeons you won't be able to do this.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Don't remember if that champion thing required you to do a random heroic or if it just applied to the first one you did on the day. My gut tells me it's the first one, making it useless for you. If so, you can always hunt down Zandalari warbringers and scouts. They drop BoA rep tokens for some MoP factions.

There's also some work order type thing you can undertake on the farm. Didn't really use it during MoP and don't know if it's decent or not.
    I leveled most reputations with the farm because I was burnt out on dailys early. I don't remember having the Anglers there, but these dailys did not bother me that much, so I got this faction to exalted the "usual" way.

The rep for the dungeons one is only able to do in mop dungeons, must que for them not walk in, and once past 90 one can't do it anymore. So best way to get rep from them is the dailies. This is the fastest and best dailies for all of mop. Only three a day that gives good amounts of rep and all the dailies real close to the quest givers. Takes maybe a week or two at most doing them every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    The rep for the dungeons one is only able to do in mop dungeons, must que for them not walk in, and once past 90 one can't do it anymore. So best way to get rep from them is the dailies. This is the fastest and best dailies for all of mop. Only three a day that gives good amounts of rep and all the dailies real close to the quest givers. Takes maybe a week or two at most doing them every day.
    If youre in a hurry to get the rep you can also fish up 3 special quest giving fishes per day to return for rep like Spinefish alpha, you can actually fish up more of them but only one per fish type can be retuned given day. They all can be fished up in different waters (same as regular fish they come from - given example in sha polluted sweet waters in dread wastes and lake in south-east kun lai)

Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    If youre in a hurry to get the rep you can also fish up 3 special quest giving fishes per day to return for rep like Spinefish alpha, you can actually fish up more of them but only one per fish type can be retuned given day. They all can be fished up in different waters (same as regular fish they come from - given example in sha polluted sweet waters in dread wastes and lake in south-east kun lai)
    They are unique and you can't hold more than one though. The max you can fish is two of the same kind. But you have to turn the first fish in before you can loot the second.

From what I can recall, the dungeon championing never worked with the Anglers. Since that is a fishing specific faction, we were meant to get rep through fishing quests.

The only factions that had the championing system were those you can get through warbringers and warscouts.