Thread: Internet Help

Deleted

Internet Help

Basically just bought new pc parts: i7 6700k, 32gb ddr4 ram and a new ssd of 240gb. Together with this i got a MSI z170a gaming m3 motherboard, i did a clean install on the ssd of windows 7 home premium (64 bit). Now my current issue seems a bit weird.

All form of downloads, will go from full downloading (10mbit/sec) or so, and then down to 0. I am unable to install skype for example as it just stops at 0, World of Warcraft on the other hand is pendling between 10 and 0, it goes up and down but keeps downloading. Now i read that there are issues with the killer drivers for msi, so i did what google said and installed without the suite option for them, but did this nothing unfortunately. Has anyone got any kind of solution? Help appreciated!

All other usage of the internet is fine thought, i can actually play wow, i can watch twitch streams, youtube etc no problem

Also: On the speed test i get 84 mbit download instead of the 102 i usually get. Upload remains the same on 12-13
    Last edited by mmocc8f2d2d3cb; 2016-05-19 at 09:25 AM.

Has a Killer network card. Make sure the drivers/software are up to date. Known to be problematic.

Deleted
    @SoulForge i went through alot of troubleshooting now and still didnt resolve the issue. What i have done now is: Try latest killer drivers, use a good t-link network card and use the wireless internet with it with correct drivers. What happened was the same problem. I tried disabling the firewall, did not help. I tried a different browser, did not help. I updated the motherboard drivers, did not help. I reinstalled windows 7, and here I am now, unable to even download graphics drivers (203/344 mb and it stopped) Still able to browse internet, steady speed on internet tests. I am just lost at this point, what more can i do, what could possibly cause this issue? I am also unable to download windows updates as the download for windows update also gets stopped.

This does not happen on any other computer in the house, FeelsBadMan?

- - - Updated - - -

Can faulty ram create this kind of issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Navira View Post
    @SoulForge i went through alot of troubleshooting now and still didnt resolve the issue. What i have done now is: Try latest killer drivers, use a good t-link network card and use the wireless internet with it with correct drivers. What happened was the same problem. I tried disabling the firewall, did not help. I tried a different browser, did not help. I updated the motherboard drivers, did not help. I reinstalled windows 7, and here I am now, unable to even download graphics drivers (203/344 mb and it stopped) Still able to browse internet, steady speed on internet tests. I am just lost at this point, what more can i do, what could possibly cause this issue? I am also unable to download windows updates as the download for windows update also gets stopped.

This does not happen on any other computer in the house, FeelsBadMan?

- - - Updated - - -

Can faulty ram create this kind of issue?
    Start the computer in safe mode with networking and see if this occurs.

The last time I saw an issue like this I had to reset TCP/IP on the system with;

Code:
    netsh int ip reset

You can add something like "c:\log.txt" If you want to read what it does.

Could also try a Winsock reset;

Code:
    netsh winsock reset
    Run both of these under Administrator from the command line.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2016-05-20 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    @SoulForge Hello, I got 2 RAM sticks, in slot 2 and slot 4, 16gb each when the problem occured, so i removed the slot 4 one and restarted. The problem was gone.
    So i tried adding it again, problem back.
    Removed slot 4 again, replaced slot 2 with the ram stick that sat in slot 4 and ran with that 1 only. No problem.
    I added back the stick that sat in slot 2 before into slot 4 so that i had in both slots again. The problem then occured again.
    Next up i put the sticks in slot 1 and 3 instead and the problem occurs.

Does this tell you something? Because im just very confused tbh ^^

Safemode with networking still has the same problem, i might try with my ddr3 sticks instead to see if that still has a problem

- - - Updated - - -

Checked some more and 1 ram stick of memeory in resource monitor is "reserved for bios and some drivers"
    Last edited by mmocc8f2d2d3cb; 2016-05-20 at 10:34 AM.

Run a memory test.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Should be a bootable tool you can use to run a ram test.