Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fringe is very underrated, an absolutely magnificent show but I rarely see it mentioned in such topics. It's a bit unusual because it has a very complex and intriguing overarching storyline, and most episodes focus on that, but they also have some "monster of the week" type episodes. I can only recommend it. It's like X Files but fresh and, in my opinion, with a much more compelling and connected big storyline.

I'm also a big LOST fan. I know a lot of people hated the ending, but I loved it. This show seems to be hit or miss for a lot of people.

Dexter is really good as well, but got bad towards the end.

Scrubs was the best doctor show, in my opinion, and despite the comedy, by far the most realistic one. House MD was pretty cool but started annoying me, and was really unrealistic.

Prison Break is AMAZING in seasons 1 and 2, drops significantly in 3, and got alright again in 4. There's gonna be a new season soon, so I'm very excited about that.

The Walking Dead has an interesting range, from brilliant to very meh. I'm pretty unhappy with some of the pacing, the character deaths, and so on.

In crime shows, my favorite by far is Criminal Minds, followed by Law and Order: SVU.

Red Dwarf.

I never got to see the end though, /sigh, but I read the books alongside so I had two perspectives of the same thing.

Two unfinished perspectives since I never finished those either!

Anime:
    DeathNote (Adult, kind of disturbing but engaging as well)
    PsychoPass (Adult, Very, very good, want more!)

Real Folks:
    GoT (Read Series, watching it is like an alternative version of the books)
    Dexter (Yeah.. ignore the last season.. also John Lithgow as Trinity is AweSomE! Best season evar!)
    Rome (A great period piece with a lot of drama and cut throat meanies)
    Marco Polo (Netflix: A Beautiful piece with a great story line, amazing background, has history in it!)
    Tudors (Beautiful people all wanting power through one man who is oblivious half the time, well he was irl)
    Buffy/Angel (Veg/relaxing to watch, many seasons and some humor involved as well)
    Firefly (One season unfortunately, humorous but worth mentioning)
    Homeland (Great suspense, Stuff is blown up, kind of close to home but then not in some ways)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are a few shows that I've binge watched; Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Banshee, True Blood, Chicago PD. The best shows to binge watch are ones that don't have a time lapse between episodes. There are a few shows that don't have a time gap between seasons.

What's the point in just namedropping famous tv-series? Everyone knows Game of Thrones is insanely popular and well liked.

---------

I really recommend Wolf Hall, an extremely good but overlooked miniseries that came out last year. It's based on the same stuff as The Tudors, but is at the same time very different. Mark Rylance is an amazing actor.

Also, Show Me a Hero - great miniseries from last year starring Oscar Isaacs (From Ex Machina/Inside Llewyn Davies/new Star wars), from the creator of The Wire.
    Last edited by Kallor; 2016-05-21 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Fringe is very underrated, an absolutely magnificent show but I rarely see it mentioned in such topics. It's a bit unusual because it has a very complex and intriguing overarching storyline, and most episodes focus on that, but they also have some "monster of the week" type episodes. I can only recommend it. It's like X Files but fresh and, in my opinion, with a much more compelling and connected big storyline.

I'm also a big LOST fan. I know a lot of people hated the ending, but I loved it. This show seems to be hit or miss for a lot of people.

Dexter is really good as well, but got bad towards the end.

Scrubs was the best doctor show, in my opinion, and despite the comedy, by far the most realistic one. House MD was pretty cool but started annoying me, and was really unrealistic.

Prison Break is AMAZING in seasons 1 and 2, drops significantly in 3, and got alright again in 4. There's gonna be a new season soon, so I'm very excited about that.

The Walking Dead has an interesting range, from brilliant to very meh. I'm pretty unhappy with some of the pacing, the character deaths, and so on.

In crime shows, my favorite by far is Criminal Minds, followed by Law and Order: SVU.
    Fringe was indeed a great show but I'd suggest treating season 5 as the final season. Season 6 was out of left field and very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I really recommend Wolf Hall, an extremely good but overlooked miniseries that came out last year. It's based on the same stuff as The Tudors, but is at the same time very different. Mark Rylance is an amazing actor.
    Wolf Hall was amazing... but so !@#$ing dark & quiet. I ended up slipping off of that show after a few episodes because I just couldn't make it through without falling asleep sometimes. It was great seeing those events from a different perspective, however.

Also, Show Me a Hero - great miniseries from last year starring Oscar Isaacs (From Ex Machina/Inside Llewyn Davies/new Star wars), from the creator of The Wire.
    Didn't realize it was from the creator of The Wire, but I can obviously see it in the work. Show Me a Hero worked so well at portraying humans and showing you several different perspectives on the same issue... and all the shades of grey involved.

Of course I have to mention the Wire.

Its kinda ... blah... at some of the pop TV !@#$ that's being listed in here with the likes of GoT, The Wire, and Breaking Bad.

First off... if the writing isn't decent, it shouldn't be considered "must see" imo. Its like fast food, it may be satisfying, but please don't call it "fine dining" or cuisine.

Mr Robot
    Arrested Development (but skip season 4!)
    Making a Murderer
    Fargo

- Vikings , What's more intresting is that the characters are actual historical figures. You can read all about them in wikipedia about their real history.
    - Game of Thrones

- The Sopranos
    - The Wire

- Married with children , God I love Al Bundy!

Honorable mentions: Hannibal, Homeland, True detective (season 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    - Vikings , What's more intresting is that the characters are actual historical figures. You can read all about them in wikipedia about their real history.
    No, most of them are actually not. SOME of them are inspired by the Nordic sagas, which themselves are a mixture of history, myth, and creative liberties. For example, the events of the "historical" Ragnar are actually believed to be the exploits of multiple individuals, who were essentially combined into 1 guy in the saga, to make the story more heroic. The real Rollo wasn't "Ragnar"'s brother at all, nor was he connected to any of the individuals whose deeds the saga's Ragnar is believed to be connected to. So yes, some of the characters are very loosely inspired by historical figures or mythical characters, but please don't take Vikings as being any kind of historical source.

Arrested Development seasons 1 to 3, (I still deny the existence of season 4) if you're looking for the funniest sitcom on TV ever.

Hannibal, if you can handle the gore. Only 3 seasons because it was cancelled by NBC, but the best show I've ever watched, especially season 2.

Daredevil was also mentioned in the thread, give it a go if you like dark superhero stuff.

House, because Hugh Laurie is a damn good actor.

Lie to Me, a 3-season series that was cut short by Fox, starring Tim Roth, the series is about body language, and is pretty underrated IMHO.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

The ones I always come back to:

X Files
    Firefly
    Fringe
    Stargate SG-1

I watch some crime shows, too. But I don't find any of them to be exceptional, although I rewatched The Closer a while ago

My top 5 favorite shows eva:
    #1: The Wire
    #2: LOST
    #3: Banshee
    #4: Chuck
    #5: Justified
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Depends on what you're looking for.

For comedy, I'd go with Only Fools and Horses, Allo Allo, Friends, Parks and Rec, Scrubs.
    For sci-fi, I recommend Farscape (my favourite show), Andromeda, X-files.
    Flash and Daredevil if you're into superhero stuff. Some random ones that I love: Person of Interest, Hannibal, Lucifer, Black Sails, House, Supernatural, Vikings... the list is long.
    I'm sure you can find something here that you'll enjoy watching.

Edit: In case you saw all of them: Once Upon a Time, Night Manager, Torchwood, The 100, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Prison Break.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-05-23 at 01:29 PM.