Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    fall in love with WoD HEUHEUHEUHUEUHEUHEUHEU
    They absolutely could. For a new player it's fresh and exciting. For cynical forum dwellers, who have played the game for a few years this expansion is the worst thing ever until legion.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    fall in love with WoD HEUHEUHEUHUEUHEUHEUHEU
    WoD offers a good month or two of content, which is more than enough considering Legion is around the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will be extracted of any and all gold just like the remaining players to fuel my sin-fueled escapades

As long as WoW is subscription the only thing you can expect is millions to LEAVE not to come, if it ever goes buy to play or even free to play then yes expect millions to come

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    The 'free WoW including WOD' and free 1 month subscription promo seems now near universally included with the price of the film ticket. Are you prepared to 'welcome' the masses of casual tryouts on your server? Alternatively, as an existing subscriber, what are your plans for this free second account?
    Your a very optimistic person aernt you?

Okay, being entirley honest, to avoid ripping this apart and hurting you, ill just say it coldly with no intention of malice.

The "Free WoW" thing... is only going to be available, to "Limited" cinema's, which means not EVERYONE, is getting a free copy of wow, when they go see Warcraft.

Furthermore, there will be ALOT of people that become fans of the MOVIE, and possibly Movies, than fans of the GAME, and Games.

You need to realize that this isnt even going to "dent" the sub numbers at most, it may increase them by 0.5 million but thats literally "it".

Returner subs may appear aswell for the shiny sword/shield and axe/staff but beyond that...

I think its more than a little optimistic, to believe we are 'ever' going to see more than half a million newbies.

This is a dated game, which came out 11 years ago, do you honestly think people are going to pay to play a game archaic and old when literally battlenet advertises free games like Hearthstone and Heroes that seem like radically more suitable options for the I-pad generation?

Not to mention Overwatch which indeed WILL attract millions since its literally the second comming of unreal tornament at this point.

I doubt blizzard will make many gains on a subscription model anymore, they know it, thats "Precisely" why Overwatch is B2P, because they know they're going to make a good buck off the game.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2016-05-20 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess that number to be around 100k-250k tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Your a very optimistic person aernt you?

Okay, being entirley honest, to avoid ripping this apart and hurting you, ill just say it coldly with no intention of malice.

The "Free WoW" thing... is only going to be available, to "Limited" cinema's, which means not EVERYONE, is getting a free copy of wow, when they go see Warcraft.

Furthermore, there will be ALOT of people that become fans of the MOVIE, and possibly Movies, than fans of the GAME, and Games.

You need to realize that this isnt even going to "dent" the sub numbers at most, it may increase them by 0.5 million but thats literally "it".

Returner subs may appear aswell for the shiny sword/shield and axe/staff but beyond that...

I think its more than a little optimistic, to believe we are 'ever' going to see more than half a million newbies.
    Yeah WoD hype was real and brought in how many more subs? 5mill or something? I think this movie along with Legion hype would fair just as well if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Yeah WoD hype was real and brought in how many more subs? 5mill or something? I think this movie along with Legion hype would fair just as well if not more.
    WoD "was" real, that was before people realized how utterly bad the content was, now that they're jaded to the way Blizzard has a habitual tendancy to mess them around regarding warcraft development they are of course, going to be very sceptical and careful.

Heres what will happen mate:

Legion will get maybe.... 7-8 million by Launch... and gradually decay from there.

If its content isnt good after 1 month, expect that 7-8 million to tank to just 5, maybe even less.

Because honestly, seeing Legion have 10 million, is...

..Optimistic, to say the least.

If im honest, people would play wow for free in WoD for that one month, leave, then return and resub for Legion, for another month.

Again, depending on its content value, if its not great, expect that 7-8 million to drop to just 4-5, if its decent, it may hang on to 6-7 for a few years.

The movie's sub increase will be some kind of snarky selling point for blizzard to make the game sound bigger than it actually is. But I think assuming theres going to be plenty of new players that "stay" longer than a month...

Thats hopeful.

Deleted
    WoD "was" real, that was before people realized how utterly bad the content was, now that they're jaded to the way Blizzard has a habitual tendancy to mess them around regarding warcraft development they are of course, going to be very sceptical and careful.

Legion will get maybe.... 7-8 million by Launch... and gradually decay from there.

If its content isnt good after 1 month, expect that 7-8 million to tank to just 5, maybe even less.

If im honest, people would play wow for free in WoD for that one month, leave, then return and resub for Legion, for another month.

Again, depending on its content value, if its not great, expect that 7-8 million to drop to just 4-5, if its decent, it may hang on to 6-7 for a few years.

The movie's sub increase will be some kind of snarky selling point for blizzard to make the game sound bigger than it actually is. But I think assuming theres going to be plenty of new players that "stay" longer than a month...

Thats hopeful.
    agree, spot on. nice post imo,

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy overhyping, Batman! Millions?!?!?! They're lucky that they even still have millions of people active NOW! There's not a snowball's chance in hell the movie is going to give them "millions" of new players. They'll be damned lucky to get anything above 50k. Of which they'd be even luckier if 1/5th of them decide to sub.

Millions. Wow. Just...wow.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Going with a few friends who are curious about the movie but don't really want to bother with an MMO game. So I am getting all the keys in hopes I can turn them into RAF mounts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Let's try to be as toxic as we can with these "n00bs" so that they leave our game and it keeps dying! Yeah!
    Yes! Excellent.

Then we blame Blizzard for our ruined community
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Millions is a crazy thing to speculate without seeing the movie. I mean if it ends up being an all time classic like a Jarassic Park, Lord of the Rings, or Star Wars then yeah I could see a gradual increase over sometime to that. But let us be honest. Their have been a metric ton of really good movies out there that never get to that level. Let alone an even bigger pile of smoldering wrecks of movies. Let's just assume the movie is good. Not god like. Not total shit. Just something you considered an alright couple of hours of entertainment. I would suspect it to pull in around a 100k. Now if EVERY ticket solid got you a game and month, yeah, bigger. But odds are the select theaters will all be in areas of town where buying it wouldn't matter anyway.

Things get even more problematic after that first month. Once they realize they need 15 bucks a month most of them will stop playing even if last that long. Even more so when those few that stick around, pay 15 bucks a month a few times, and then see the hand reaching out again for a fresh 60 bucks for Legion. Because at that point they will feel like they have spent a 100+ on a "free" game in a really short period of time. Insane.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2016-05-20 at 10:53 AM.

Oh nö! Are dey gunna take our jobz, rape our wimenz?

Deleted
    It's not like you'll run into them, you'll still be afk in your garrison lol

10+ Year Old Account

Thats hopeful.
    I don't see your point. You stated there wouldn't be millions coming back yet you said they would, even if it's only for a short period which is all they need. That's 105 million bucks big boy. That's just from the one month of subs, not including Legion sales. The hype will bring in millions whether you like it or not, just like WoD did. Of course subs will drop, that's always expected. We're talking about this movie bringing in traffic, and that's exactly what it will do. How long they keep it is entirely dependent on the content of Legion. Even so, that's not what the subject is about.

Deleted
    the movie is going to be a complete flop, i know for a fact it will be

Be lucky to get 500 new people, you'll probably see 50K new accounts, if that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    too many people have been burned out by WoD to expect the same numbers returning. even the free accounts given out by the movie will just create more people with a bad taste in there mouths of WoW because people will be playing that pit of tedium called the garrison. expect new or returning players to burn out within a month and then not return for legion because the game is just not fun any more.