Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Millions of new players incoming? - are you prepared?

The 'free WoW including WOD' and free 1 month subscription promo seems now near universally included with the price of the film ticket. Are you prepared to 'welcome' the masses of casual tryouts on your server? Alternatively, as an existing subscriber, what are your plans for this free second account?

Deleted
    Nothing, since they removed the boost from WoD.

- There wont be millions AT ALL
    - I don't care

Let's try to be as toxic as we can with these "n00bs" so that they leave our game and it keeps dying! Yeah!

Since I'm watching the movie with 2 friends that don't plan to play wow, I will have 3 accounts. Not sure what to do with them. Guess I'll just keep the keys, maybe I convince someone to come to the dark side and give his soul to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Since I'm watching the movie with 2 friends that don't plan to play wow, I will have 3 accounts. Not sure what to do with them. Guess I'll just keep the keys, maybe I convince someone to come to the dark side and give his soul to wow.
    Sign htem all up for future betas and rejoice
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Seeing I am not playing WoW at the moment, no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    The 'free WoW including WOD' and free 1 month subscription promo seems now near universally included with the price of the film ticket. Are you prepared to 'welcome' the masses of casual tryouts on your server? Alternatively, as an existing subscriber, what are your plans for this free second account?
    A limited number of theaters in US =/= "universally included"

Deleted
    Most peoples out there have once in their life tried wow already, there aint many people out there that havent tried it already... There wont be millions LOL,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I honestly doubt there will be that many people who view the movie that aren't already warcraft fans. I doubt it will bring in too many new players.
    Exactly what this guy said, and most people out there have already tried it once in their life,

Deleted
    Most of the beginners tend to be nice and innocent as in they don't have any experience. No idea if this will really bring in a lot of players but if it does it will be good to see some of the zones filled again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this will bring more people in to the game than others think. Think about it. After the movie comes out and new generations watch it as well as bring nostalgia back to old players, the opportunity for this to explode the subscriber numbers is immense. This was a smart move for Blizzard, regardless what people think about the company. Millions of people have already played WoW and will most likely see this movie. Expect millions of subscribers to come back, even if it means a short while like WoD. That's all they need really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Most of the beginners tend to be nice and innocent as in they don't have any experience. No idea if this will really bring in a lot of players but if it does it will be good to see some of the zones filled again.
    Yea, I don't have a problem with a "I am new and I don't know what I'm doing, but if fun so I'm learning", but I do have a problem with "I am a super pro player but I have no idea what to do with this class, I just want to get it over with so it will generate me garrison gold"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Let's try to be as toxic as we can with these "n00bs" so that they leave our game and it keeps dying! Yeah!
    I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Millions?
    I doubt that xD

Suspect it'll be more a case of: Thousands of new players passing through ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Deleted
    I doubt there will be "millions" more people. Few thousands? Sure. Millions? Highly doubt it.

There are always new generations growing up to adolescency and then adulthood who might fall in love with this game or its lore like we all did once back in time. I started to play WoW when I was 24, now I'm 35.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    There are always new generations growing up to adolescency and then adulthood who might fall in love with this game or its lore like we all did once back in time. I started to play WoW when I was 24, now I'm 35.
    fall in love with WoD HEUHEUHEUHUEUHEUHEUHEU

Millions... lol