Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they already allowed everyone's grandma to see entire raids i think a single mount model is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Thats the only way to justify it. But Blizzard already removed mounts from bosses after new expacs shipped.
    They did this with heroic mounts in order to push people to do that content during a long content drought. I don't agree with it, but I can begrudgingly see the point. These mounts are also not hard to get, as worst case scenario 50k gold will buy you a boost.

This will be a bigger problem if mounts get removed faster, and I am very worried about prestige rewards. I hope those are not seasonal, or collectors will be forced to grind bgs every season.

I think it can, also the gladiator mounts are never available for the masses, and therefore a complete waste. I believe blizzard should think about adding a way to obtain gladiator mounts and (transmog-)sets as well, either being gated through time or through time effort.
    Gladiator mounts can't be removed because they set a long-standing precedent with them. Personally, I'll move them all the way down to 2k rating instead of 0.5% of arena players, because then they would be an attainable goal for more people, but even that would be too much of a change (and may be worse, because then you would legitimately feel you should farm them every season).

They can't be changed now, but there is no sane justification for using unique models here.

I have the impression, game design in WoW is mainly meritocratic, and its going to become even worse in Legion. As the devs would like to limit rewards to exclusivity even more. Which is, from my PoV, the wrong direction.
    I think reward distribution in WoD has been... really bad. I'm not sure if the guy in charge of it doesn't know what he's doing, he was trying a new approach, was pressured by management, or if they simply don't focus on reward distribution, but I honestly believe it was what cost them the 5 million players. If they decided to use store mount recolors sooner, and if they used more of them, and linked them to doing apexis areas, or garrison invasions, they could have propped up outdoor content.

If the new world quest system doesn't offer anything tangible for extended gameplay, nothing more than a way to farm gold, it will fail too. I'm starting to get a bit worried, which is strange, because early on Legion had such a flush of new mount models it reminded me of MoP.

I linked his tweet in my very first posts. Please read the thread.

Oh well, now you want me to collect links for you which point onto his work about operant conditionting?

Sorry, i am not going to make a dictionary for you. Go and use google.
    Ok your condescending attitude just shows you are unreasonable, aggressive, and there's no point trying to have a constructive argument with you. You ignore a majority of points while never answering questions directly. Chances are you can't.

If we could use a dictionary for psychology instead of previous studies that'd be nice. Would save a lot of time. What you said obviously shows you know nothing about scientific studies at all if you think you can google a lot of them without encountering a paywall. That or you're asking me to google the definition itself, then that just truly shows how high you think you are above us

So many bold statements without anything to back them up

On a funny note. Funny how you tell me to read the rest of the thread to look for the answer I want, because I'm not willing to put in the effort to do so even though I've been given the tools to do. Sounds familiar.

Don't bother replying. This thread is a joke and I'm glad this is the last I will see of it
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Like the Highmaul raid...... ?
    Nothing happened in the highmaul raid at the end.. Also if i talk about reusing assets i talk about partially reusing assets, and in special reusing assets for rewards. To justify the effort to create them in the first place.

Mythic mounts have been reskins and recolers forever, whereas PvP mounts where always unique - especially since they started adding Saddle mounts.
    Mythic mounts should continue to be recolors of already existing assets. I actually dont see any reason or even justiifiction to create special expensive assets for the smallest minority in game exclusively.

Do you understand that we've a video and a transcript of this interview? So link where he said this.
    If you have a transscript of the interview, read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Munklemonk View Post
    Ok your condescending attitude just shows you are unreasonable, aggressive, and there's no point trying to have a constructive argument with you. You ignore a majority of points while never answering questions directly. Chances are you can't.
    I am not agressive. I am just not going to serve you all the informations you need on a silverplate. Put in some effort to educate yourself by following my arguments. And in special, read the quote in my signature, which says, that the way positive reinforcement is being carried out is more important than the number or the power of the reward, which literally means that the intrinsic reward is more important than the extrinsic reward.

Sure, the pigeon will pick the button to get food. It will do it over and over. But humans actually detect the fact at some point they are doing mindless grinds for the legendary ring. And thats the difference. If the intrinsic reward is not rewarding enough, the extrinsic reward is not going to make the situation better.

What you said obviously shows you know nothing about scientific studies at all if you think you can google a lot of them without encountering a paywall. That or you're asking me to google the definition itself, then that just truly shows how high you think you are above us
    Bleh. You will find all of the informations on that topic in publically accessible information sources. I just am not going to wipe your ass when its about informing yourself on the topic.

So many bold statements without anything to back them up
    I backed them up. I pointed you to the work of B. F. Skinner. I am not going to point you to all informations needed.

On a funny note. Funny how you tell me to read the rest of the thread to look for the answer I want, because I'm not willing to put in the effort to do so even though I've been given the tools to do. Sounds familiar.
    The thing is i already posted the link to Muffnius tweet, and once gain, its up to you to read what i talk about. Part of a discussion also is the wish to inform yourself about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    They have been reskins since uld haven't they?

/thread?
    Mythic:

Normal:

People need to accept that they cannot have everything in the world.

World of recolorcraft needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Mythic:

Normal:
    Well I guess even priests were due for a ugly tier. The walking chandelier makes you miss the birds.

Deleted
    If you want something you should earn it, be it through gold, pvp, or raiding. There are people who enjoy putting in a lot of effort to get exclusive rewards, if someone isn't willing to match their commitment they shouldn't get the same reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    If you want something you should earn it, be it through gold, pvp, or raiding.
    Thats what i talk about. Alternatives. And the reuse of assets for multiple difficulties and sources.

Thats what i talk about. Alternatives. And the reuse of assets for multiple difficulties and sources.
    Stop feeling entitled to everything and asking for easy ways to get rewards that should make mythic raiders/pvpers feel like they have actually achieved something. Just get your ass working and earn these the hard way. You know what? I am pretty sure 90% of the playerbase, if not 95% is completely okay with raiding having ONE fucking unique mount every tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even had to check to know who was crying about raids, rewards and raiders again.

Keep up the casual -baddie- crusade!

15+ Year Old Account
    Certain rewards should be exclusive thats just how games work you either put in the effort and get it or you dont and have to watch from the sideline and its totaly justified despite people paying money for a game.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of exclusive rewards and incentive to do harder content than just afking through LFR every week is already a big problem in WoW that for years now has been burning people out and leaving people feeling like there's nothing to work for in the game.

The last thing we want to do is strip away what few incentives are left for actually trying to do the challenging content in the game. Carrot on a stick is VERY important for the health of a persistent game like an MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how this is "unhealthy" or even a problem. Rewards for doing and accomplishing difficult things has always been rewarded in one way or another, it applies to real life as well.
    It's this entitlement "I shall get the same thing as everyone else otherwise it's unfair!!!!" that is unhealthy. Envy and jealousy is a really ugly personality trait. Egoism exaggerated is as well.

When it comes to mounts in-game, it's not like Mythic only mounts is the major way of obtaining mounts.
    Almost every other mount is obtainable by EVERYONE without too much obstacles - if it's locked behind rep, you'll get it eventually. But some will get it faster than others. If it's locked behind a gold sink, you'll get it eventually as long as you save up for it. Store mounts? (which usually looks pretty sick) is obtainable by everyone willing to pay for it. Crafted mounts - everyone can get them... Achievements mounts? Everyone willing to do them will get the mount. Drop only mounts from fishing, dungeon bosses, rares - it's RNG, but eventually you'll get them if you put in the time.

WoD has had 2.. TWO! Mythic only mounts.. How is that even a problem? It's a nice reward for putting in a hell of a lot of time, to not mention mastering your class and beat difficult boss mechanics. Gear shouldn't be the only reward. A little vanity reward at the end of the tunnel works as a carrot to many. Because let me tell you, raiding on that level isn't easy and keeping motivation up when you hit "a wall" of a boss can prove difficult. Knowing an awesome mount awaits at the end? It's exciting and adds to the sense of accomplishment when you finally down the end boss.

And it's not like you cannot get you hands on that Mythic mount at all. You have a couple of options to choose between.
    1). Do the work
    2). Pay the gold
    3). Wait for the next expansion
    Option 2 is by far the easiest one, and a totally achievable by EVERYONE. "But I'm bad at gold" - That's not an acceptable excuse. There are free non complicated guides around. Guides that does not involve playing the AH. Little things you can do that adds up in the end. I promise, absolutely everyone can make a couple of million gold in a reasonable time. It's not as difficult as a lot seem to think.

-------------- edit --------------

Re-skins are fucking lame.
    Last edited by Incarnia; 2016-05-21 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    ---snip----
    Pretty much 100% agree here.

The road you are asking for rym is dangerous. Where do you draw the line?
    You want people that play casually in any aspect of the game to have all the rewards available to them. You're tunneling on mythic raids (not sure why you have a vendetta against high end raiding) but what about other parts of the game? Should I be able to get the rarest pets in the game from doing level 1 pet battles? or full top of the line pvp gear and mounts from doing a handful of bgs?

Nearly all rewards, mythic mounts included have multiple ways of being obtained. Doing the work when its hard, gold to pay people to do it or wait until its easier. Rewarding people for doing the hardest content available in the game is not one of the problems this game has.

I even took the time to read a couple of your blog posts. You gotta stop assuming high end raiders only care about presitge, different players like content for different reasons. I could say the same thing about how lfr's reward should be getting to see the content without having to communicate or work hard so why does it need gear? Obviously I'm not serious about that comment and I'm not making that point but its the other extreme to what you are saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will there ever be a thread where Rym doesnt get #rekt by everyone?

I also read some of his blogs and i must say that its among the worst crying out for attention ive seen in a long while even jaylock cant beat it.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-05-21 at 11:37 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

It's fine. You want exclusive rewards then put it in the effort. If you aren't good enough to kill Archi Mythic or get the arena mounts well then tough shit.

Deleted
    Nothing happened in the highmaul raid at the end.. Also if i talk about reusing assets i talk about partially reusing assets, and in special reusing assets for rewards. To justify the effort to create them in the first place.

Mythic mounts should continue to be recolors of already existing assets. I actually dont see any reason or even justiifiction to create special expensive assets for the smallest minority in game exclusively.

If you have a transscript of the interview, read it.

- - - Updated - - -

The Highmaul area was turned an open world zone with 3 "rares" who drop pets.

You are delusional. No where in the interview with Jesse Ion said anything about not re-using old assets, except the spider mount - which was the point that of the question in the first place.

Mythic mounts were never unique models to begin with. Nor are the Legion Raid mounts unique (red moose for meta achi).

PvP mounts of any kind were always unique except for classic ones, and only remodels without the special armor were available at the end of an expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkman View Post
    Seeing as how 1602 guilds have killed him, some guilds as early as last July, you are quite severely underestimating how many people have the mount. My guild only killed him in January and at that time we were the 755th guild to down him. We have since farmed out 20 mounts. Take a second and actually think about that math.
    Even if that's the case, you're talking 20-40k players who have it, out of 5 million. What's that, like 1% of the WoW population? Even less if the subs spike up for Legion.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    rym confirmed for a pretty good troll, managed to get a 14 page thread in less than 24 hours with some truly idiotic posts.
    Fienden sitt våpen kastet, opp visiret for,
    vi med undren mot ham hastet, ti han var vår bror.
    Drevne frem på stand av skammen gikk vi søderpå;
    nu vi står tre brødre sammen,
    og skal sådan stå!