Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    What? you can buy glad/rbg mounts just like you can buy PvE mounts.
    I wonna see that price tag for glad mounts then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Hey, wow, argumentum ad hominem. Is that actually your only argument on this discussion? Or will you finally start to bring in real arguments?
    So many pages and i havent seen you actualy say something usefull and the problem is that you seem to have a vendetta against raiding, there is not a single thread from you that wasnt focused on raiding.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Well, i at least do not use argumentum ad hominem to argument my "uneducated opinion".

- - - Updated - - -

Soloing raids was only considered content after players started to solo raids. Still, that gameplay never was actively supported at the start. In the meanwhile blizzard adds mounts and pets to old content as they see players playing the old content as dedicated solo content.

It is not blizzards intention here that made old content viable as current content, but players only choice to get rewards whichs astethics are locked behind minority content in current content.

Believe me, if the people who are being forced into old solo content would have the opportunity to play the current content for the rewards, they probably would do so. And i believe, blizzard should try to get the solo players into actual gameplay, and not act as if old content is entirely made for the solo players.

It infact is just a trash product of the level progression. Blizzard never intended that to be main gameplay.
    Again, why fix something what isn't broken? While it sounds very, Blizzard-ish to do so (hint, talent switching) it'd unnecessary in this situation. People don't only farm mounts or pets in this old Raids, but also transmog and achievements.

Deleted
    Well, i at least do not use argumentum ad hominem to argument my "uneducated opinion".

- - - Updated - - -

Soloing raids was only considered content after players started to solo raids. Still, that gameplay never was actively supported at the start. In the meanwhile blizzard adds mounts and pets to old content as they see players playing the old content as dedicated solo content.

It is not blizzards intention here that made old content viable as current content, but players only choice to get rewards whichs astethics are locked behind minority content in current content.

Believe me, if the people who are being forced into old solo content would have the opportunity to play the current content for the rewards, they probably would do so. And i believe, blizzard should try to get the solo players into actual gameplay, and not act as if old content is entirely made for the solo players.

It infact is just a trash product of the level progression. Blizzard never intended that to be main gameplay.
    But the current content does have rewards, you get a moose for heroic and an achievement.
    Not to mention some pets probably drop (I don't look for that stuff but there usually is).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    So many pages and i havent seen you actualy say something usefull and the problem is that you seem to have a vendetta against raiding, there is not a single thread from you that wasnt focused on raiding.
    I love raiding. What i dont love is the toxic meritocracy blizzard added to the game. It just creates elitism and the idea, that every content should be limited to a few only. All those negative feelings like loot-envy from those that dont want to share "their" content with other difficulty-levels.

They're mythic only, but they're not current content mythic only.

Mounts can be obtained at any time (except t7 meta), and plenty of people enjoy mount hunting solo or in small groups in older content.
    People still run places like ICC to this day to try and get mounts.

If you've still got people running your raid after it's been out for 6 years I'd say that's a pretty decent return on the money spent on those assets. If everyone that wants that mount gets it as current content you just don't get that return.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Again, why fix something what isn't broken? While it sounds very, Blizzard-ish to do so (hint, talent switching) it'd unnecessary in this situation. People don't only farm mounts or pets in this old Raids, but also transmog and achievements.
    Actually, the gameplay for solo players is broken in World of Warcraft. They may play old content only.

Blizzard should add rewarding content for every kind of player to their broad audience game.

And i mean current content.

Deleted
    I love raiding. What i dont love is the toxic meritocracy blizzard added to the game. It just creates elitism and the idea, that every content should be limited to a few only. All those negative feelings like loot-envy from those that dont want to share "their" content with other difficulty-levels.
    Nobody thinks that way apart from you. Majority of players are happy to know they can work hard (be it through group play, gold or just overgearing it at the end of the xpack) and get the rewards. It's pretty likely if the same mount with reskins were available from LFR upwards. Subs would be even lower because everyone would have got the mount in LFR and quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    I wonna see that price tag for glad mounts then.
    It's actually not that much more than what full PvE boosts went for, considering that it takes a lot more effort to boost someone to glad vs running mythic HFC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    But the current content does have rewards, you get a moose for heroic and an achievement.
    But only for those who group up in organized groups. Which is not adressing even remotly most of the players the game has.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody thinks that way apart from you.
    You know, those are the easiest arguments. As you dont know what everyone thinks.

Deleted
    It's actually not that much more than what full PvE boosts went for, considering that it takes a lot more effort to boost someone to glad vs running mythic HFC.
    You truly want to say that a glad mount costs me 2 mil?

I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total.
    Note: I stopped reading after this sentence because I knew it was gonna be awful.

The game doesn't lack content, it just lacks content that you like or feel is worth your time. A blanket statement (an idiotic one) like that only hurts your whining argument.

Deleted
    But only for those who group up in organized groups. Which is not adressing even remotly most of the players the game has.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, those are the easiest arguments. As you dont know what everyone thinks.
    So let me get this right, you should be awarded everything for standing AFK in LFR/Battleground?

Deleted
    So let me get this right, you should be awarded everything for standing AFK in LFR/Battleground?
    No, you should be rewarded for playing your gamestyle.

Anoher "GIT GUD"-crier? We already have a lot of those here. Just add your voice to them.

Deleted
    Because it is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG

bolded on the important bits. The games origins are playing as a group. You group up and you work together to defeat your goal. The more complicated the organized group the better the rewards. So spamming your ability on a group world boss in Tanaan. Not very complicated, you get a mediocre reward. Working together for weeks, months and some cases year to complete Mythic content. Dedicated, complicated and therefore a high reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    The game doesn't lack content, it just lacks content that you like or feel is worth your time. A blanket statement (an idiotic one) like that only hurts your whining argument.
    So you want to tell me the game didnt lack content in Warlords of Draenor? And that people had enough to do even for the last 18 months of content drought?

I mean.. sure you may have that opinion.. but i could argue that blizzard stopped adding new content a year ago, so all you could do for the last months was tanaan, alts and the same raid over and over..

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG
    Thats just a dogma. Do i have to quote Gaffney again if i write that (more than) 60% of the players of a MMORPG are solo players?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. The harder you work, the better the rewards. Fuck entitled LFR heroes who get butthurt about not being given the same goodies as Mythic raiders. This is coming from a Heroic raider at best.

If you work at a Gas Station, you're not entitled to a Ferrari.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Do i have to quote Gaffney again if i write that (more than) 60% of the players of a MMORPG are solo players?
    70% of people who ever played WoW never got past level 10.

Should 70% of the game budget go on the 1-10 experience?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Absolutely. The harder you work, the better the rewards. Fuck entitled LFR heroes who get butthurt about not being given the same goodies as Mythic raiders. This is coming from a Heroic raider at best.
    Then i wonder what your benefit would be if a mount you would like was rewarded for a gamestyle you never could participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    If you work at a Gas Station, you're not entitled to a Ferrari.
    Yes, as a computer game is so much comparable to real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    70% of people who ever played WoW never got past level 10.
    And you base that number on which quote or statistic? Or do you just pull it out of the air to counter a argument with a hyperbole?

And you base that number on which quote or statistic? Or do you just pull it out of the air to counter a argument with a hyperbole?
    Just some guy called Mike Morhaime. But what does he know?