Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
LastLast
  1. #441
    Deleted
    Is it justified but I think that there should be a LFR-only mount too. Would give people a reason to run LFR. It's fun.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Is it justified but I think that there should be a LFR-only mount too. Would give people a reason to run LFR. It's fun.
    The reason to run LFR is for people to see content. You shouldn't get rewarded for something you can afk through (done that multiple times because it is a snore fest). The rewards for something as trivial as LFR are already good enough. There is the normal difficulty which isn't hard and you can get a mount by doing it through the meta.

  3. #443
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    The reason to run LFR is for people to see content. You shouldn't get rewarded for something you can afk through (done that multiple times because it is a snore fest). There is the normal difficulty which isn't hard and you can get a mount by doing it through the meta.
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.

  4. #444
    Bloodsail Admiral Cien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.


    Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

    At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

    The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.

    I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

    The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

    What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?
    if prestige came from participating they'd be in LFR wouldn't they? so no, no my dear. prestige is for the best, the prestigious, not everyone is that, or cannot/has the time to achieve that

    edit: or has the gold to purchase that, kek

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.
    it might not be easy for you, but its most definitely easy. thats why it was created, more accessible for the masses

  5. #445
    Gladiator exclusive mounts are absolutely justified.

    PvE ones... I guess, no great harm in it. Would prefer the pinnacle rewards be as exclusive as they can be, including gubbins in and on top of "normal" mounts or cosmetics (Shadowmourne trinkets like Sylvanas music box etc. as an example, although with the game in its current state those thigns are hardly "rare" types of gear. But if they made the Mythic only mount 10% faster or summon instantly I'd be okay with that. Likewise with the Gladiator ones). Such as in TBC I think the only 310% mounts were A'lar and Gladiators Netherwing Drakes. Powercreep w/e if they made the mythic only/gladiator ground mounts 120% speed I'd be okay with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Brexit: it's the dumbest WWE plotline to ever escape into real-life that can't end soon enough because everyone hates how it started, how it's going and how its going to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

  6. #446
    By this logic at some point this will come to :

    "Well guys, it seems like 11% of the player base plays hunter and only 5% plays monk, so you will work twice as much on the hunter set than on the monk one".

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.
    I haven't had much experience with LFR in WoD (Or any content as I've been playing only a little during this expansion because of studies, only 2 months in 6.1 and 2 months in 6.2) but I've done my fair share of Highmaul and BRF LFR and normal and to tell the truth, the normal groups were subject to wipes while in the LFR I would just keep spamming 'Incinerate' as a Destro lock and watch an anime on the other half of the screen. Even standing in stuff didn't kill me. The only time LFR was a bit difficult was in MoP, 5.2. About the stats on each difficulty I am unsure as I didn't pay much attention to it but in mythic dungeons I needed to play well to defeat it at my low ilvl, compared to a bit of HFC I did on LFR where I could just let everyone carry me really easily, along with a bunch more players that were slacking or didn't have a clue about how to dps.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you can't take part in the most challenging content then why do you deserve the rewards, there has to be some rewards for doing the most challenging content as what would be the point if everyone could get the same things, there has to be some exclusive stuff available for challenging content, its not as if it takes long to create a mount so it's not detracting from other areas of the game.
    It is not a question of who deserves what etc. It is about allocation of resources and whether the returns is worth the investment.

    It really depends on the cost involved, in terms of people and time.

  9. #449
    If players get mounts for doing LFR then I want all the gladiator mounts too ! I only reach 1.8k every season, but it would be so unfair not to give me those mounts. Right ? I mean, I could try and get 2-3 mates to do arena with and try to push somewhat near the sweet x%, but I'm just lazy. Still, I'm playing Blizzard's game and they should reward me for doing so !

    Really for this change, let's just send every player every mount that's locked behind a specific difficulty. /s

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.
    NOT REALLY EASY


    Wait what ?! How can you not find LFR easy af ? Guess I've seen everything on this forum now.
    Last edited by dopefishz; 2016-05-23 at 04:22 PM.

  10. #450
    Deleted
    You're saying people who really like Time walking Dungeons should get (3) unique mounts but people who kill mythic raids shouldn't?

  11. #451
    I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you, OP. There needs to be a level of exclusivity in games and in life. People need to know their got damn role.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  12. #452
    OP, would you prefer them all to be on the cash shop?
    Call it bad luck, call it fate, call it stuck here the rest of my days.

  13. #453
    I am Murloc! Scoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.
    In a perfect world I'd agree with this. But this is a damn MMORPG. People like to be rewarded for the time and effort they put into the game. They also need initial incentives to even bother with stuff in the first place. Why bother doing anything in WoW if you don't get anything out of it? I mean, what's next? Do you want to standardize gear across all raid difficulties because in the end it's "about the prestige from participating"?

    Take away the mounts from raiding and PvP and I 100% guarantee you WoW sub numbers will drop like flies and continue to drop even quicker.

    Seriously though. Why are you playing an MMO if you don't want to put in effort into the game and why try to mold the game to your likings? Imo that's just rude. You're not entitled to anything just because you pay the same amount of money as others. That's not how this works. That's not how any online game works nor should work.

  14. #454
    Deleted
    Could someone close this please?

    I am done with blizzard and their MMORPG for some time.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.
    lol

    lol

    LOL LOL LOL
    O
    L

    L
    O
    L

    L
    O
    L

    "LFR is harder than mythic dungeons" fucking no it isn't. It's tuned to be easily completable at 650 ilvl, whereas Mythic dungeons don't become easy until 695+ ilvl.

    And in LFR certain mechanics are just outright removed, or are no longer lethal. Like on oregorger, you don't even have to avoid him rolling around because it only hits you for like 30% of your health instead of 1shotting like it does on normal and higher. You can ignore the mechanics and just tunnel the boss, and still do perfectly fine.

    No, LFR is not "a lot harder than mythic dungeons". That is objectively false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy..
    If I could post a massive facepalm, I would...

    LFR is so easy it can be done using one spell without ever avoiding any kind of the boss damage abilities.

    LFR is so easy you can literally afk and kill all the bosses

    LFR is so easy that you can watch a movie, do the bosses without knowing what the strategy is or what their abilities are.

    LFR is so easy, players are not bothered to learn their class and the gap between an LFR hero and mythic player is so massive it is as if the two players are not playing the same game.

    shall I continue?

  17. #457
    This thread is full of lulz.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Its subject to how much "people" want it, not one person.Also its subject to the cost of the said item. You are mixing excitement of one person with the value of an item.
    No, I said value is subjective, which it is. I was recognizing that different people find things valuable for different reasons, which they do.

    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    Horseshit.

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    It is not a question of who deserves what etc. It is about allocation of resources and whether the returns is worth the investment.

    It really depends on the cost involved, in terms of people and time.
    In WoD there were 72 mounts or so, with around 11 mount models being unique. The Moose, Clethoof, new Talbuks, Hippos, Boars, Flying Anzu Mount, Gron and Yeti which might have the same skeleton but they look really different so I count them as two, Core Hound, The Skyscreamer and the Solar Spirehawk. Maybe I've forgotten a few but these are 11 unique mounts. Out of the 72 mounts, only 2 were Mythic-only. That's including that the two mythic mounts were reskins of already released mounts you could get somewhere else in the game. Sky Golem and Clethoofs, both easily attainable. So yeah, I believe their resources spent on mythic mounts are even lacking a bit. It's the game store that is using too much of the mount resources. Grinning reaver and Mystic runesaber say hi!

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    It is not a question of who deserves what etc. It is about allocation of resources and whether the returns is worth the investment.

    It really depends on the cost involved, in terms of people and time.
    an extra mount or 2 for mythic only doesn't use up much resources as it's usually done while they are making the rest of the mounts at the same time, there is only a few unique models for mounts, most of the time its just a reskin with a few tweaks.

    There needs to be rewards for every type of player, if there is nothing to aim for then motivation to play the game drops and you then lose players from all areas, there is not much left in the game even the most casual player can't obtain.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •