Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic only mount assets justified?

I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.

I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?

They have been reskins since uld haven't they?

/thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    They have been reskins since uld haven't they?
    Hazzikostas recently said in a interview, that blizzard is not willing to add reskins anymore to the game. So it seems they want to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Hazzikostas recently said in a interview, that blizzard is not willing to add reskins anymore to the game. So it seems they want to change that.
    Source?

Also same could be argued for glad only mounts, which are for even fewer players. Some mounts are meant to be a little rare and there is nothing wrong with that.

Will wait and see I guess but only one raid mount hasn't been a reskin in...yeah 10 years. Might be a bit early to claim the sky is falling.

Besides pvpers are getting infernos in far fewer and more exclusive numbers. It is just how the game works.

I don't post very often, if ever, but I would like to put in my two cents into this topic.

I believe that vanity mounts are a good thing, as someone who got 9/13 Mythic in HFC before my guild quit I always see the Felsteel Annihilator from other people on the server and it makes me want to try harder and to improve myself to get there.

Average players do have rewards when they play, but I believe there should be high tiered rewards for people who put lots of time and effort into an area of the game. Like Mythic raiding or High end PvP.

Deleted
    Yeah, i refer to both gladiator mounts and mythic raiders only mounts.

At the end i dont see any justification to create assets for such a small group of players only.

I never said the sky is falling, i want to talk about the idea just to add reskins as usual, and for every existing mount thats available from organized raids or high level pvp, to actually give every player enough incentive to play the game based on vanity items and useful rewards.

Yes there should be, because the people that world the hardest in the raiding and PVP settings deserve individual rewards to show others they are near the best. The highest level of play deserves the highest level of rewards, if you want them then get better at the game.

Lets not kid ourselves and worry about if blizzard has enough resources to do things, they aren't hurting for money and can hire more people if they are short.

I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?
    If you can't take part in the most challenging content then why do you deserve the rewards, there has to be some rewards for doing the most challenging content as what would be the point if everyone could get the same things, there has to be some exclusive stuff available for challenging content, its not as if it takes long to create a mount so it's not detracting from other areas of the game.

Mythic content is available to everyone and if you work hard on your char before the end of an expansion you should be geared and knowledgeable enough to create or find a group and obtain the mount.

There has to be some exclusivity to certain areas of content otherwise whats the point in putting the effort in to obtain items that anyone can obtain with little or no skill.

There is more than enough vanity items and ways to get rare mounts that most casual players can overtime obtain, but there should always be a select few items that should remain rare.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I only have 60 mounts on my account but I have earned nearly every raider-centric rare mount from WotLK onward. I don't really consider myself a mount collector by any means but I do enjoy having mounts which evidence my progress in raiding.

If anything, I'd be more irked by the more original looking/designed mounts showing up on the cash shop with no in-game method of obtaining them than I would with mythic difficulty having a unique reskin of another mount.

Definitely find it laughable that the complaint is about Mythic mounts. You do realize that those mounts remain available one the expansion is over right? And they keep people busy running old raids solo or with friends to see if they could get it.

The bigger issue would be gladiator mounts which like primalmatter said, are far more exclusive. ANd I don't think those are an issue at all either.

At the end of the day, a single mount is not some enormous time investment to make. And exclusivity is not a bad thing.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Your beloved Asmongold has both, pvp and pve mounts. Is that why you dislike him? :P

Deleted
    Sure they are. You don't need a minor essay to convey the message of how I'm a customer and I'm entitled to everything in the game.

There appears to be always something people will complain about, it's becoming so tiresome.

If you want the same reward, put in the same effort and time investment as everyone else and stop trying to get everything handed to you on a silver platter.

LFR is already free AFK loot and you want to attach a mount to its completition too? Christ.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-05-20 at 04:58 PM.

"Justified" in what sense? Is there a law that dictates such matters?

Deleted
    You seem to vastly understimate the sheer number of people who are running around with the Archimonde mount. There are probably more people with the Felsteel Annihilator than those with Invincible, A'lar or any of the other rare drops.
    The number of non-Mythic and non-raiding "prestige" rewards also outnumbers those gained from high-level raiding.

At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.
    This makes no sense whatsoever. Rare/prestige items gain their value from being rare. Giving them to everybody would rob them of that which gives them value over similar mounts etc.
    Also "rewarding for playing the game"? Are you joking? Is this a thinly-veiled trolling attempt? Nobody could actually be that entitled...

Maybe mythic raiders will have a decent mount, the last one was invicible and even then the skeleton mesh was the Hippogryph one

The game has been diluted enough with "entitled" people that want everything in game whilst treating an mmo as a solo game.

There is no way blizzard will give the exclusive mounts for the hardest content in pvp or pve to players that actually do nothing. sorry lfr is nothing.

Instead of being entitled, get better and get in a better guild. If you dont have the time, you shouldnt waste time in an mmo. If you cant get and or dont want to get in a guild, your choice, but dont expect hand outs.

paying 15 box entitles you to play the game. period. it does not entitle you to get every item in the game for the mere fact that you are paying or logging on.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Mounts are something WoW handles very well in the main. First of all, pretty much every mount from TBC onwards that was available is still available for Players to get. So none of there are actually exclusive fully. Gladiator Mounts are a Vanity Reward, much like the Elite Gear Sets, and as such as Season Specific. Mythic Raid End Boss Mounts are a Vanity Reward, and after the Content is no longer relevant, become a low drop chance.

For the Mythic bosses, Players are rewarded for completing the Content at that time with a guaranteed Mount. When a new Expansion launches, the Mount drops to a low percent drop chance, but anybody is able to get it.

Short summary is that Mythic Mounts will continue to be available to all the community after the Expansion. They are Vanity Rewards for participating in the content, the same way CM Sets/Weapons/Mounts have been. If you want the Content, go do it, and put the effort into it. I wanted the Warrior Warlords Season 1 Elite Armour Set. I didn't attempt to get it, and regretting it. I shouldn't get a recolour of it just because I casually PVP in Season 3.

I personally don't think Players in LFR should receive Mounts, and the same with Normal. I'm fine with Heroic, but I feel Mythic is where it should remain. Put the effort in, get the Reward. If you want something special, be special. Rewarding a Player with a recolour of the Felsteel Annihilator for completing LFR Archimonde would almost be insulting to a Mythic Raider in my opinion.

The only Mount issue I have is store based ones, which I believe should be available in Game in some way without IRL Money. Gold Sink, 1% Drop, Achievements, I don't care, just available to Players.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )