Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    How much resources go to making 1 mount?

I think you would have a better argument saying that only focusing on raiding which a minority of players do is a waste of assets to the overall game, which sort of was proven with WoD and how many players quit due to the raid or quit mentality of the developers...
    what?!? I would say that many raiders quit because they could not stand playing over a year same raid + we only had 2 raid tiers ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

On the subject, I'm totally okay that some mounts are exclusive.
    Things that are only accessible to a few, is part of making something special.
    If every mount was accessible by all, then none of those are special, reducing their "value" in a sense.

A Ferrari is a car a lot of people find awesome and cool, but why?
    A Ferrari is a cool looking car, good engine etc.
    But it's also a rare car to see and it's not accessible to everyone. This adds to it being a "special" car in peoples eyes. It adds value to the Car.
    When things aren't accessible it makes them rare, and being rare adds value to something. Both when it comes to Value=price, but also in the value it holds in peoples eyes (diamonds as another example)

If you'd make a mount accessible on all difficulties (LFR,Normal,Heroic,Mythic) but as you said have different colors, would the mount still hold the same value? that given mount would be something pretty much everyone would have, but it would just be in different colors.
    While being rare adds value, a different color scheme doesn't add that much value even if it's rare, heck the rare color might not even be your favorit for the mount.
    The less aspects of a mount that is rare, the less special it is and the less value it holds. Heck How many would notice a different saddle or something like that? and would that really make it that special just because it's rare?

Why was mimorons head and Ashes of Alar so special ? they were rare and they were not close in resembles to any other mount at the time they came out. Both of them were more "rare" while they were current content, and they were only accessible by those that did those raids and were lucky enough for it to both drop and get it.

Having rare mounts out in the game, makes the given mounts more special. And having things that are special isn't a bad thing. If no mounts were rare and everyone could get any mount, none of those would be special.
    I can never get the PVP mount, never. Still i find it cool and really notice a person that comes ridding on it, it's rare it's special and that adds to the value of it in my eyes. Will i ever get it ? heck no, i'll never do enough PVP to get it nor am i good enough PVP'er to get it. Did i wish i could get it through just doing random BG? no, that would make it less special and I wouldn't have noticed the Person with the mount if he'd run past me on it.

A lot of people stop and look at rare cars when they drive by, and ogle at that "special" car that just drove by. They get excited and find it awesome to have just seen that car. It's not a negative thing that they can't get that specific car.

Either get good enough and find a group to do it, or farm it when it isn't current content. That's really all there is too it. There's no difference in having it now and having it 2 years from now. Let us have our special mount for now, you'll get it eventually. It's not even being rude by saying "get good" when that's the ACTUAL answer to it. That's all you need. I'm sorry you feel you should get something for free that others work super hard for. There's -nothing- exclusive to Mythic raiding. There are guilds, pugs, etc that run at all times of the day. The only block between you and clearing mythic is yourself, nothing else. I started this expansion last December, less than 6 months ago and I managed to get it after getting pvp gear, joining a heroic guild, then joining a 2 day a week 3 hour raid time mythic guild. It's easy if you put your mind to it.
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2016-05-22 at 03:58 AM.
    Bleh

The only change I would like to see with mounts is for there to be more logic to which is awarded how. Seems like this used to be the case, but how did we end up with a moose from killing Archimonde? I mean, it makes perfect sense to get one from Malfurion in the Emerald Dream, but why would we think to take a "remnant of chaos" to Moonglade anyway? Why not take it to Khadgar? I would have thought some demonic or mount would make more sense for the Archimonde kill, and save the moose for something druid related - maybe defending Moonglade or the Emerald Dream in Legion.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    Gold is only a representation of value, and only because people agree that it is. If it had objective value, then it wouldn't matter how people felt about it.
    Its subject to how much "people" want it, not one person.Also its subject to the cost of the said item. You are mixing excitement of one person with the value of an item.

For instance, one of the main reasons of gold being expensive is extraction cost and not the demand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get.
    Thats not a solution thats being spoon fed and lazy because as hard as you make it sound to get into a organized mythic raiding guilds its not hard at all mythic raiding guilds are constantly looking for new people my guild even has a second and third raiding team the second being a mythic team to try out people to see if they are good enough for the main team and a third team to jump the bridge from heroic to mythic and especially now when the expansion is coming to and end and raiders are on a break guilds need people to fill some spots.

Weather they are good enough is a different story but that can be fixed with a bit of didication and commitment and time isnt a real issue because there are plenty of raiding guilds that raid 2-3 night a week for 2-3 hours that steamroll through mythic.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-05-22 at 07:40 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

This thread is just nuts. The OP only replies to people who don't have valid arguments while ignoring the ones that point his stupid mistakes. And I love how he asked a recolor of the mount for every difficulty... Not even casuals want that from what I've asked around in my circles as a casual myself. And I love how he says 'The best solution'... according to who? Him? A butthurt 10 year old who can't do mythic and who keeps repeating the words 'toxic community' and 'echo chamber' for 20 pages now, thinking that automatically makes him a wise old man while finding offensive anyone who tells him to 'Get good'. If there has ever been a person that posted on MMO-champion that I wanted to find in game and gank a billion times with a group of 10 till he quits the game, that would be Rym. And believe me when I say that, I never pvp/gank.
    Last edited by Soluna; 2016-05-22 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    This thread is just nuts. The OP only replies to people who don't have valid arguments while ignoring the ones that point his stupid mistakes. And I love how he asked a recolor of the mount for every difficulty... Not even casuals want that from what I've asked around in my circles as a casual myself. And I love how he says 'The best solution'... according to who? Him? A butthurt 10 year old who can't do mythic and who keeps repeating the words 'toxic community' and 'echo chamber' for 20 pages now, thinking that automatically makes him a wise old man while finding offensive that people tell him to 'Get good'. If there has ever been a person that posted on MMO-champion that I wanted to find in game and gank a billion times with a group of 10 till he quits the game, that would be Rym.
    true.

I have been playing wow 11 years. Been in hardcore 6 days raiding guilds in top 10, played also as a complete casual, played with friends at heroic level and now I am playing in mythic 3 nights a week.

It is really not hard to raid in mythic and actually clear the content. You need few things:

play a class you love.
    master you class and be curious about your class.
    follow good players from you class and ask them advice.
    learn to analyse a warcraft log.
    dont be a dick. be friendly, fun and respectful.
    find a guild that suit your schedule. 2 nights 3 nights whatever. some guilds raids 6 hours a week and clean content in mythic.

The "I dont have time excuse" is mostly from those that want to turn wow into a single player game. It is from those that do not want to understand that an mmo is played with others and require grouping for some activities. If you genuily dont have the time to commit to a guild or a raiding schedule, you can either play casually and stop behaving like a entitled brat, or be mature enough to understand that an mmo is not for you. Almost all casual players I know and by casual I mean they dont have time to commit, are content with what the game offer and are happy doing what they can, when they can.

If you take one of the very best DK in the world and amazing contributor to death knights, Magdalena. He does not have a lot of time to commit to raiding and has been in top guilds. Yet if you look at his character and his achievements you will realise that he managed, because of his caliber, amazing gameplay and superbe personality, to raid when possible and get bosses down here and there and get mounts and what not. For me what he achieved since he stopped raiding is testament to what can be done and it is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    Blizzard thinks its a good idea and you have twenty pages of people also saying its fine and good the way it is and going to be.
    There were tons of arguments and you are still standing there "No you are all wrong and im right....."

You are hopeless, they only one that disturbing in this discussion, if you even can call it that because everyone says almost the same, is you.

THIS

Edit:
    Also rym grow up and come back when you can discuss on an adults level and not screaming "im right you are wrong" the whole time, because that's exactly what are you doing. Or no even worse you do it screaming against a whole audience of people.
    I just want you to know it won't ever happen. His extensive thread creation list is always about him soap boxing about this mythical majority that march behind him and if only the game went exactly how he wanted it world solve all of WoWs problems. Of course it is all a major line of bullshit. He uses this majority that doesn't raid, that does in fact exist, and puts words into all their mouths that somehow they all in unison are crying out for raiding to be eliminated from the game. That raiding should receive zero rewards. That they all share his vision of of a game where effort, skill development, or social skills aren't rewarded and shouldn't be needed. Because effort and skill in a video game is somehow the crux to a self defeating process that has driven a game for 10 plus years and in all likelihood the most successful MMO of all time in profits of numbers. It doesn't mean the game is perfect. It is pretty clear that isn't the case. But people like rym can never point to a period in the game where raiding wasn't extremely central to the design philosophy of the game developers. Because it didn't and doesn't exist. Because of this one can only really conclude that they just don't really enjoy World of Warcraft based on the arguments they present.

Although I will admit, and anyone that really plays the game can see it is they simply stopped doing some other things. Stuff like meaningful world content and small group content that lasted and mattered for example. If his argument was based upon bringing those things back alone I would be supportive of him and his cause. While I do raid the fact is I do like a game to exist outside of them. But him and a few others have bought into this line that Blizzard can only do or afford one or the other. Which is a lie. In the past Blizzard had slower tools, less experience, fewer people, and smaller budgets and managed to do all those things. They simply don't do them anymore. In fact even the amount of raiding has decreased. The usually 3 and sometimes 4 tiers in a release had shrunk to a the first tier being split in 2 and a second tier being the final one in an expansion. So to say somehow everything was simply transferred into raiding from other things is again bullshit. What happened is they designed a game that is suppose to funnel everyone into raiding alone which is the problem. The problem isn't raiding. It is the snow plow philosophy of pushing everyone up into it that is. But little rym will never figure that out. He has bought into his own bullshit. So all we can do is point and laugh at people like him and GloriousLeader that will scream it until they are blue in the face.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2016-05-22 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    About 1.) Do you think people could do mythic if they just were willing to invest time? They also need to be lucky to find a team. They need to be skilled. At the end its the same as if you would write "Do the work to become a millionaire!".
    About 2.) Pay the gold? I mean, do you really want to pretend that hiring a guild to "play" the game actually should be a legit way to get rewards for gameplay you wouldnt see otherweise? Is the payment option actually really a legit option in a computer game? I dont know any other game genre where people pay other people to get the shiny extrinsic reward.. for me, the ability to "buy" mythic rewards is just a example of blizzards sick implementation of a meritocracy in the game.
    About 3.) The next expac means that mounts get removed or are being put onto low drop rate. Also, reward visuals often fit to the current expac. You could also argument that people should not be able to see the content in total of the current expac and wait for one or two expacs to solo it. If we start that way, we end up in removing any accessibility.

I would like to know if you actually are a mythic raider yourself. Or if you ask for exclusivity for the few while you arent part of it.

Just to ensure its not hypocrisy and echo chamber opportunism.
    To answer you last question first. I'm not currently one no. I'm not willing to spend the time required.
    However, I've been one. In the sense that I raided hardcore progression through Vanilla, TBC & WotLK. Believe me or not, I've raided in a world top 20 guild the majority of that time. I've participated in selling boosts too. It's a quite lucrative business, and I see nothing wrong with it. Those who sell isn't forcing anyone to pay. Neither is Blizzard. I don't see anything wrong with locking a few vanity rewards behind really difficult content either.

- In other words, I've been on both sides.

1). If they do got the time and are willing to do the work? They most definitely can (don't kid yourself. Most players have the potential to become skilled and master their class. It's condescending to think otherwise. It generally boils down to wanting to pursue it, time and dedication).
    Finding a team isn't as much RNG as you seem to believe. One can't expect it to be easy as cake, but it is in no way impossible IF you invest the time and do the work! Dare a little, take risks, get right up again if you fail AND put up small goal posts leading up to the finish line you have in mind. It sure as hell wasn't a walk in the park for me either. But despite setbacks I didn't give up and eventually I crossed the finish line.
    Why even bring up "Do the work to become a millionaire" as an comparison? (Unless you mean becoming an in game millionaire).
    In a game we all start out on equal grounds, and the first real advantage one player have over another is how much available time one has, that he or she is also willing to spend on the game - the second, being physically handicapped put you at a severe disadvantage over someone who's not. Ofc.

2). I don't need to pretend. I'm completely fine with it, and don't see a problem with it. Especially not if you're only after the vanity item and don't care about how you get it, just that you get it. Besides there are PLENTY (more than plenty) of other rewards for people to get through gameplay that aren't locked behind difficult content that requires 20 other people to achieve.
    I've paid for both gear and mounts with gold this expansion - simply because I wanted them pixels. I haven't been interested in the sense of achievement obtaining said gear and mounts for myself through hard work this time around. WoD is pretty shit if you ask for my personal opinion - which probably is why I've rather paid gold instead of investing the time.

3). Some mounts might get removed. Usually it's achievement only mounts this happens to though.
    If you out level the content it only makes sense to change it into a mount only obtainable through a low percentage drop rate. It's to preserve that "rare" status and feeling the mount had when it was current content. Eventually it'll end up being a mount you see a lot riding/flying around on. Invincible is an example of this (imo). That mount is no longer something I consider rare, or special. It lost its "status".
    Regarding mounts fitting into the current content better than what comes after. We see things differently on this point. Mounts, to me, is something that "should" match your current transmog - how that mog and mount fits into the different zones environment isn't something that I personally think about. At all. And at this point in time there are hundreds of mounts around, I'm sure we can find at least a handfull of different mounts that can fit into any type of environment - current and old content.

"You could also argument that people should not be able to see the content in total of the current expac and wait for one or two expacs to solo it." - that's a completely different conversation, that belongs in a thread of its own.

Thanks to the youtube-hyped always pissed effort-for-anything-"casual"-haters.
    Funniest thing I have read all week, thanks for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting ready to join the Army. In front of you are three obstacles. One is a straight path. One requires several jumps. The other is a full training course. At the end of each, your reward is getting a higher rank out of boot camp depending on which one you completed. You decide to just walk the straight path and get nothing.

The rest of your battalion (is that what it's called? I was Navy lol) decided to take the other two paths, so all of them outranked you after boot. You're outraged and demand to be given a higher rank. But you chose the path you took and you're stuck at the bottom.

As much as I absolutely LOVE raging against special snowflakes, they have access to the same exact amount of content as you do. You take the straight path, you get the lower reward. They bust their ass to run the gauntlet, they get better rewards. If you want those rewards, then put forth the effort. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    Funniest thing I have read all week, thanks for that.
    I am going to suggest you follow all this posts. Whenever you need a killer laugh he always provides. He pops up about two or three times a week trying to ever so slightly change his angle on "raiding killed WoW, I don't like raiding, the world is on my side, and now you will agree with me right?" type of post. He typically just get swiped down and stepped on. The same 2 or 3 people will come in and praise him. For some reason 2 or 3 people come in and debate the same 3 things with him over and over again. I will be there to kick it all in the gut and laugh as usual.

Don't get me wrong. I do really want game outside of raids. But I don't ever think a solution in a product is you have to destroy what people are having fun with to provide fun for those not having fun. How about just put in other things that are fun for those people. Blizzard makes billions of dollars. I think they can afford to make a game as good or better than they did when it was millions. Resources are not the question. Desire, drive, motivation, and pride are more the factors at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    As a casual who doesn't suck you don't speak for me, Rym. You speak for the entitled. If you want the reward and it's that important to you go join a guild and earn it.
    Or just wait two years and solo the raid for it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, the unique skins are not justified, there should be a less impressive recolor/remodel made to replace the mythic mount drop after the expac is over when everyone can farm it, ex: a slightly rusty felsteel anhilator without the shoulder spikes and cannon would drop from mythic archimonde as a 1% chance from legion and onwards.

Just a reminder Rym, your fifteen dollars a month is for your access to Blizzard's servers when they have them active, you are not entitled to see all the content nor reap all the rewards.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-05-22 at 07:35 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Having a mythic mount would be some awesome achievement if not for one thing. Freaking guilds sell the runs to get them. Joe Schmo didn't prove jack squat to get his mount, he just paid some folks to run him through.

In my opinion, mounts like that should give you an achievement and should be time locked. After a while, they should become buyable for a significant sum from a merchant somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best deserve something to stand out and show they completed the most diffucult challenge when it was relvant. I personally think mythic completion should get a unique mount AND it should be removed from the game once the next tier is released.

Hazzikostas recently said in a interview, that blizzard is not willing to add reskins anymore to the game. So it seems they want to change that.
    IF he said that, they already went back on that with the 3 new moose mounts coming out that share the same model as the moose from Archimonde lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raiders get everything. But who gives a shit.

How about some baubles for the other 99.9%?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    IF he said that, they already went back on that with the 3 new moose mounts coming out that share the same model as the moose from Archimonde lol.
    I'd rather scrape my genitals with a grater and take a bath in salt water than pug Heroic Archimonde. So from where I'm seated, more moose mounts sound like a great idea.

You know what I think? There should be unique rewards that are available only to players who haven't killed a boss in the current mythic tier. If you kill a boss in the current mythic tier, on any character on any of your accounts, the rewards would be removed.

Of course if you haven't made yourself ineligible by participating in current tier mythic raiding, you could go back and do the mythic clear as soon as the tier is over, and keep all your goodies.

This should also apply to achievement points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If he did say it honestly it means nothing. What system in the game have they told us about and then an expansion or two down the line it is completely different anyway. Nothing they say is really concrete. At best you can only take it as something that will last an expansion at best. Maybe two. On the thrid or after it really doesn't matter one bit anymore.