Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you, OP. There needs to be a level of exclusivity in games and in life. People need to know their got damn role.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

OP, would you prefer them all to be on the cash shop?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.
    In a perfect world I'd agree with this. But this is a damn MMORPG. People like to be rewarded for the time and effort they put into the game. They also need initial incentives to even bother with stuff in the first place. Why bother doing anything in WoW if you don't get anything out of it? I mean, what's next? Do you want to standardize gear across all raid difficulties because in the end it's "about the prestige from participating"?

Take away the mounts from raiding and PvP and I 100% guarantee you WoW sub numbers will drop like flies and continue to drop even quicker.

Seriously though. Why are you playing an MMO if you don't want to put in effort into the game and why try to mold the game to your likings? Imo that's just rude. You're not entitled to anything just because you pay the same amount of money as others. That's not how this works. That's not how any online game works nor should work.

Deleted
    Could someone close this please?

I am done with blizzard and their MMORPG for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons and sometimes even harder than Normal since some mobs have lower stats on normal.
    lol

lol

LOL LOL LOL
    O
    L

L
    O
    L

L
    O
    L

"LFR is harder than mythic dungeons" fucking no it isn't. It's tuned to be easily completable at 650 ilvl, whereas Mythic dungeons don't become easy until 695+ ilvl.

And in LFR certain mechanics are just outright removed, or are no longer lethal. Like on oregorger, you don't even have to avoid him rolling around because it only hits you for like 30% of your health instead of 1shotting like it does on normal and higher. You can ignore the mechanics and just tunnel the boss, and still do perfectly fine.

No, LFR is not "a lot harder than mythic dungeons". That is objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy..
    If I could post a massive facepalm, I would...

LFR is so easy it can be done using one spell without ever avoiding any kind of the boss damage abilities.

LFR is so easy you can literally afk and kill all the bosses

LFR is so easy that you can watch a movie, do the bosses without knowing what the strategy is or what their abilities are.

LFR is so easy, players are not bothered to learn their class and the gap between an LFR hero and mythic player is so massive it is as if the two players are not playing the same game.

shall I continue?

This thread is full of lulz.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Its subject to how much "people" want it, not one person.Also its subject to the cost of the said item. You are mixing excitement of one person with the value of an item.
    No, I said value is subjective, which it is. I was recognizing that different people find things valuable for different reasons, which they do.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    Horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    It is not a question of who deserves what etc. It is about allocation of resources and whether the returns is worth the investment.

It really depends on the cost involved, in terms of people and time.
    In WoD there were 72 mounts or so, with around 11 mount models being unique. The Moose, Clethoof, new Talbuks, Hippos, Boars, Flying Anzu Mount, Gron and Yeti which might have the same skeleton but they look really different so I count them as two, Core Hound, The Skyscreamer and the Solar Spirehawk. Maybe I've forgotten a few but these are 11 unique mounts. Out of the 72 mounts, only 2 were Mythic-only. That's including that the two mythic mounts were reskins of already released mounts you could get somewhere else in the game. Sky Golem and Clethoofs, both easily attainable. So yeah, I believe their resources spent on mythic mounts are even lacking a bit. It's the game store that is using too much of the mount resources. Grinning reaver and Mystic runesaber say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    It is not a question of who deserves what etc. It is about allocation of resources and whether the returns is worth the investment.

It really depends on the cost involved, in terms of people and time.
    an extra mount or 2 for mythic only doesn't use up much resources as it's usually done while they are making the rest of the mounts at the same time, there is only a few unique models for mounts, most of the time its just a reskin with a few tweaks.

There needs to be rewards for every type of player, if there is nothing to aim for then motivation to play the game drops and you then lose players from all areas, there is not much left in the game even the most casual player can't obtain.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Yeah see you next week when you find a way to reword and spin your message ever so slightly in hopes of hooking in people that won't be. Cheers!

I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.

I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?
    Nope you can take your participation ribbon request to where it belongs, the circular filing cabinet.... AKA the GARBAGE. Is it bad the Olympics has a gold medal for only one person in a 4 year period, nope you reward the people who preform and then the people close to that level will be inspired to go further. I guess you want a gold medal for that jog you did in the morning because damn that was tough.

- - - Updated - - -

So I am guess until Legion launches, I guess that is some time. You show some real commitment there, shows why you can't get a mount.