Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thinking all rich people are greedy/arrogant/entitled is as stupid as thinking all poor people are lazy/dumb/entitled.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, I'm saying the rich people are detrimental to the economy when they hoard money like they do and don't spend it.
    The vast majority of wealthy people put the vast majority of their wealth back into the economy in the form of stocks/businesses and real estate. The few rich people that hoard most of their money outside the flow of the economy such as just sitting in a bank account are those new to being rich, like if they just won the lottery or got an inheritance cash windfall.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-05-21 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Do you really think rich people live like this?

No, but they're not exactly doing enough for the economy relative to how much money they have.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The vast majority of wealthy people put the vast majority of their wealth back into the economy in the form of stocks/businesses and real estate. The few rich people that hoard most of their money outside the flow of the economy such as just sitting in a bank account are those new to being rich, like if they just won the lottery or got an inheritance windfall.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

No, but they're not exactly doing enough for the economy relative to how much money they
    Prove it.

i dont hate rich people cause the majority of em actually earned their wealth sure are their kids gonna inherit it most likely and like you said some rich folks are asses and others are nice but life is to short to hate anyone if anything it can be motivation i mean if your goal is to get rich that is
    mr pickles

Hating or having any blanket feeling for a group of unknown people based on your own preconceptions is pretty damn idiotic.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No, but they're not exactly doing enough for the economy relative to how much money they have.
    Good Comrades must spend their money for make glorious Economy!

Quote Originally Posted by riceandgravy View Post
    I want to post about this topic anonymously under a new profile since it is kind of controversial…

I have heard many people say they hate rich people. Some say all rich people are arrogant. Some say they feel entitled. Have also heard people talk about all the money they waste on expensive luxuries when they could be feeding the poor in third world countries.

Personally, I know some rich people who are the most arrogant people you have ever met. They think they own the world and everyone in it. I also know rich people who are extremely nice and would give you the shirt off their back. Before I was financially successful myself, I was about to lose my car and my house. A rich friend loaned me money and said pay me back whenever.

I do agree that a lot of rich people waste a lot of money. I know of a really wealthy guy that has a $1.5 million Ferrari. Crazy thing is this... he is too old to drive the dang thing. So it just sits in one spot and no one drives it. He has a son, but he will not let his son drive it for whatever reason. This $1.5 million piece of metal literally just sits there taking up space. That $1.5 million definitely could have been used in a less wasteful way.

At the same time, I also know a rich family where the most family members drive a Kia, though they could all drive Porsches if they chose.

How do you feel about rich people? Do you hate them all? Do you feel most of them carry themselves in a certain way?

OP only has 1 post and this is it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It totally depends on the individual. Some rich people are incredibly generous and do great things with their money. Others think because they are rich they are above everyone else and should be entitled to special privileges just because they have money. Some rich businessmen pay their workers well, and make sure they make a living wage. Others like Papa John, make sure his workers are paid as little as possible(thus forcing taxpayer dollars to supply welfare/food stamps) while Papa can add on to his underground 30 car garage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Prove it.
    Prove what? That rich people aren't doing enough for the economy? If they wanted to stimulate the economy of a country rather than get richer themselves, they would invest that money in(In Sweden at least) building housing, for one. Instead those rich people refuse to build more housing places, because less housing means there's higher demand for those that do exist, so they can get more money from what already exists instead of having to spend their own money. The rich people refusing to spend their money are the main cause for the housing problems here. Not enough being built, because they don't think there's big enough direct profit in it for them.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-05-21 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Thinking all rich people are greedy/arrogant/entitled is as stupid as thinking all poor people are lazy/dumb/entitled.
    But generalization of huge parts of the population based solely on the amount of money they make or have is so much easier, and on top of that it gives me someone to blame for complex problems.

Prove what? That rich people aren't doing enough for the economy? If they wanted to stimulate the economy of a country rather than get richer themselves, they would invest that money in(In Sweden at least) building housing, for one. Instead those rich people refuse to build more housing places, because less housing means there's higher demand for those that do exist, so they can get more money from what already exists instead of having to spend their own money. The rich people refusing to spend their money are the main cause for the housing problems here. Not enough being built, because they don't think there's big enough profit in it for them.
    Gonna be fair, why the hell should they build new housing if it is a pure loss for them? Is it the responsibility of the rich to lose money to not be rich anymore? Can't see the logic here.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2016-05-21 at 03:06 PM.

Most ferraris are like 200-400k.. And you claim 1.2million.. I'm guessing either he put some stupid money into or you are a liar

they hate rich people probably because they hated the rich child that was an asshole in their childhood, so the dislike survive the maturity, specially when the rich appears in love competition.
    imo

Someone helps you in a very significant way by loaning you money and not putting pressure on you to repay it. You turn around and insult him and call him arrogant. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Rich people keep the economy going with their outrageous purchases. They employ all sorts of people to cater their events, take care of their houses, and watch their children.
    The major indices are growth are not measure by rich people spending but consumer debts, spending as well as job and income growth etc. Most of the capital held by the rich is not being reinvested in the economy because their wealth is global and mostly dodging taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Most ferraris are like 200-400k.. And you claim 1.2million.. I'm guessing either he put some stupid money into or you are a liar
    Classic Ferraris can go for that amount.

Prove what? That rich people aren't doing enough for the economy? If they wanted to stimulate the economy of a country rather than get richer themselves, they would invest that money in(In Sweden at least) building housing, for one.
    What a weird idea.
    Instead those rich people refuse to build more housing places, because less housing means there's higher demand for those that do exist, so they can get more money from what already exists instead of having to spend their own money. The rich people refusing to spend their money are the main cause for the housing problems here. Not enough being built, because they don't think there's big enough profit in it for them.
    What a weirder idea.

Most of the wealthier people I know still shop at the dollar store.

Not wasting their money, and investing it instead, is how they got wealthy in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What a weird idea.

What a weirder idea.
    Why is that a weird idea? We have seen this before here. The state were forced to take over building housing before because the market refused to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Classic Ferraris can go for that amount.
    Yeah, this is a pretty typical price of a Ferrari Enzo.