Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Kylo Ren swore to finish what Anakin started. Anakin never finished constructing Threepio. He still was missing his coverings. Now he has a red arm. This is the significance of the red arm. Kylo will fit Threepio in full edgy red armor and Threepio will thus become Force-sensitive. He will be able to walk without being off-balance all the time. He will bring balance to the Force.
    The pieces have finally all fit together, I can't believe I never saw it before.

Deleted
    Kylo Ren swore to finish what Anakin started, and Anakin did destroy the big bad in the end, so Kylo will redeem himself and kill the big bad in the end.

It almost like they do a watered down "Dark Empire" the emperator is "immortal" becuse his "soul" can occupy a clone of himself. Luke bow down to the emperator and say somthing like my faters destiny are my own (not it can be interpreted in two different ways) the emperator teach Luke about the dark side and hope to turn him, and Luke lets himself get turned to lern the knowledge about the dark side to gain the abitilty to permanent destory the emperator.

Deleted
    I really fucking hope not. Thats just one cliche to far, even for SW.

Still too much unexplained between 6-7 to make a prediction. Did Kylo know that Anakin brought balance to the force? Why again did he even turn in the first place? Is he upset with his father or Luke?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Probably, but until the movies are out I can live in a world where he might instead be irrelevant comic relief before dying offscreen while attempting auto-erotic asphyxiation. In terms of setups for epic villains, not sure I've seen a more epic failure. Maybe we'll grow to be more impressed while he undergoes his training and, in a shocking twist, defeats the hero at the end of the next movie (omg so dark), but it's still going to be hard to take him seriously. He mercy killed a geriatric and threw some tantrums - at least Darth Maul managed to accomplish a few things. Kylo Ren: millennial villain.
    He accomplished no more than Vader comparing Ep 4-7. And what did Maul accomplish in the movie? Killing an old man.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they do redeem him somehow, I'd prefer they do it in the next one as opposed to the third film (Episode IX) to avoid yet more comparisons with the OT. That bothered me with TFA, and I bet the next Ep is essentially The First Order Strikes Back.

I also want Kylo Ren to kill himself and severely damage the First Order, and then the heroes deliver the killing blow to Snoke.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

The best way to answer your question atm is to kidnap and blackmail the director and writer, Rian Johnson into telling you inorder to spare his life. Done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    I wana see Kylo go Light side and Rey go Dark.
    If you did pay a loots of money for the license, you will play very very safe... so no it will not hapen...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let him become his own twisted villain rather than act out as a B-grade Vader with the same story arch.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, not a chance.

He killed the most popular character in Star Wars, he is such a wimp he makes Anakin look like a badass (BOTH anakins!!), he's just a total loser that should cry himself to sleep then die in it lol.

Yes. He is going to save Rey from Snoke, lift up Snoke and throw him down a chasm while getting hit with force lightning. This will kill him and Rey will set him on a funeral pyre in some forest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yes he will. He is a perfect balance between Light and Dark. He will most likely become a Grey Jedi.

And changes his name to Gandalf!

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. What I'd like to see is Rey beats him barely in a fight. She's badly wounded, and he's mortally wounded and will die without medical attention. She intends to save him and take him back to the Republic to be tried for war crimes, and asks Chewbacca to call for a medevac of some sort. Instead, Chewie looks at her briefly, walks over to Kylo, and breaks his neck.

Everything falls quiet for a second, then Chewie begins repeatedly stomping on the skull of his corpse while roaring constantly at the top of his lungs. He then leaves Rey the Falcon, takes a shuttle or some other small ship, and is never heard from again.

You mean you expect Hollywood to give us a great redemption arc? I don't expect it.

Though it would be nice if...

Rey gets corrupted and Kylo veers to the light. Then he becomes the hero, but still struggles with the pain he caused and remains In a grey area in the eyes of the rebels. So he will wind up saving the day, possibly trying to keep Reys legacy from being tarnished , and basically go dark knight

That would be cool and refreshing. But I don't expect that.

What will happen is he will get a power boost, Rey will beat him good. And there may be a little "you're still good " but he will die at the end. The best we can hope for is he goes out like Vader.

On death star 4.0 of course.