Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedris View Post
    It's so sad that Austria is so fucking stupid and stucks to no change again.... 60-70 years SPÖ in this country, and now a 75yo guy that never worked in his life, wont cut his own retirement-money he gets from the state.... but hey lets vote this guy gj

I hope in a few years some fucking retiree wont have a right to vote, because they kill the future of the younger people.
    And before someone tells me, I'm a nazi or I hate "foreigners" because I voted for Hofer, truely fuck off. My dad is from serbia and even he hates this crap by now (he lives almost 30years in Austria now). All those foreigners that dont want to work, we should welcome them because germany or the fucking EU wants us to? Love it to work for cucks, that will never ever in their lifes, pay back that we helped them...
    God damn it you can´t be that uninformed about how the FPÖ voted in parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    They are dealing with the first stage of grieve denial.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Hofer/c...ither/das0z2i/

Quote Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
    Thank.
    Fucking.
    God.
    Not all of us are totally retarded in this country.
    It was close, though. Funny to see that if you look into it, pretty much the whole country voted for the right wing twat, but Vienna with all the multicultural people saved us.
    Tirol, Vorarlberg, Oberösterreich?

...but yeah generally speaking, the backwards counties and those not affected by multiculturalism at all vote always right
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-12-04 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    ...but yeah generally speaking, the backwards counties and those not affected by multiculturalism at all vote always right
    That's kinda why I said I find it ironic that mostly the rural areas voted for Hofer while the big cities mostly voted for VdB. I am willing to bet that a lot of people in those backwood valleys etc. never even saw a refugee personally, yet they are the ones who are afraid of them the most.

Don't worry [random 1000 inhabitants town], you won't have to take in a lot of them anyway~

15+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised that he is leading with such a wide gap considering how close they were the last time. Proves again that media polling can't be trusted but it's good to know that Austrians didn't see their only alternative in voting for a candidate who would mainly capitalize on fear against immigrants and whose stance on EU was like a cat indecisively standing in the door, neither wanting in nor out. More underlying and sometimes too thinly-veiled was his penchant for völkisch principles though and this should have been a concern from the beginning, it is never the lesser evil.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    That's kinda why I said I find it ironic that mostly the rural areas voted for Hofer while the big cities mostly voted for VdB. I am willing to bet that a lot of people in those backwood valleys etc. never even saw a refugee personally, yet they are the ones who are afraid of them the most.

Don't worry [random 1000 inhabitants town], you won't have to take in a lot of them anyway~
    I think the proverb "Angst vorm Unbekannten" fits these people the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I think the proverb "Angst vorm Unbekannten" fits these people the best.
    The thing is...I am currently living in a small town with like 7.000 inhabitants. We have a refugee hostel here for years now and we did not really have any incidents because of it. Even less so the countless other small towns who do not have such a place.
    While the situation - partially - is quite different in bigger cities like Vienna, Graz or even Innsbruck.

Purely logically speaking the electoral behaviour should be the other way around when it comes to the whole refugee topic. But you are right, I think in a lot of cases it is the fear of the Unknown.