Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Armory Stats - Proving Grounds, Robert Kazinsky Interview, Tweets, Warcraft Movie

Grotesque Hotfix Live, Printable Kanai's Cube Checklist & Other Tools

Hearthstone Championship Tour: Americas - Spring Prelims Day 1 - Stream & Decklists

Blue Posts Round-Up - More Batlegrounds, Unranked Draft & More, Widowmaker Nova

Open Beta Stats Infographic, Pharah Comic now Available, Overwatch on Conan, Free BattleTag Name Change Now Live!

Armory Stats - Proving Grounds
    With the news that Proving Grounds will no longer be a requirement for Heroic Dungeons in Legion, we are taking one last look at the completion rate in Warlords. The data used today is a sample of characters from 1.9 million accounts. We also did this earlier in Warlords of Draenor, which you can see here.

You can see scoreboards on WoWProgress for DPS, Healing, and Tank endless.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Robert Kazinsky Interview Questions
    We will have the chance to ask Robert Kazinsky some questions soon and wanted to get in questions from the community as well. Feel free to submit questions below!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    will gnome hunter be released before or after legions launch?
    Gnome Hunters will be available on day-one of the #Legion pre-expansion patch. https://t.co/uXUNZy12km (WarcraftDevs)

Items
    With Legion having alot of legendaries will we be able to transmog them. If not, can we atleast hide Helm/Cloak legendaries?
    You will be able to transmog #Legion legendaries to other appearances and vice versa. (WarcraftDevs)

Artifact Weapons
    artifact trait cost seems to double after 12 ranks, ~575 to 1260 for rank 13? intended?
    Yes; after 12 traits you are transitioning past the level-up experience. Around that time, you will accrue (1/2) https://t.co/OsNZDGDyv3 (WarcraftDevs)
    Artifact Knowledge which will increase the rate at which you gain Artifact Power overall. (2/2) (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. (2013) (OccupyGStreet)
    Is it really a myth though? Maybe those rising aren't complaining, a silent majority? This btw is why people play Vanilla.
    Our data suggested it was a myth. Note that "not everyone should be able to do this" is a fine answer too. (OccupyGStreet)
    How do you feel about it now? Was the data right? Did the myth have some truth?
    I think "hard" is just a difference audience. You have to choose. But you can't make hard stuff intended for easy players. (OccupyGStreet)
    I love Dark Souls. But that's because it is targeted at gamers like me, not ALL gamers. (OccupyGStreet)
    hard is what people want. It's human psychological. You feel more accomplished when finishing something hard.
    *If* you finish. If you quit because it's too hard or you don't want hard then the developer lost a player. (OccupyGStreet)
    if you don't want hard then why play. We are already wasting time on a game, why not make it rewarding?
    There are a lot of easy games that are popular. I think that's fine. (OccupyGStreet)
    My caution for developers is decide who your audience is and don't try to be all things to all players. (OccupyGStreet)

looking at that. I am wondering was cata bad move? Players seems more acceptance to this model rather than WOD simple pruning
    It depends if your intended audience is engaged players who want more or returning / lapsed players who might be overwhelmed. (OccupyGStreet)

Overwatch Short - Solider 76: Hero
    The final animated short for this season has been released! It tells some more of Solider 76's story.

Overwatch - Will You Play?
    Overwatch is almost here! Now that everyone has had a chance to try the game, will you be playing at launch?

Making of Warcraft In-Game Trailer
    A video has been released that shows a little bit of the editing process to make the fan created Warcraft trailer that used in game assets.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-23 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Can't wait for Overwatch! It's currently 1:57PM on the 23rd in Australia. Anyone know how long it'll be before Overwatch comes out? I'm pretty bad with timezones and stuff

It releases at the same time everywhere, so around 19 hours from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I will not be playing Overwatch as I have no interest in PvP only games. After watching those animated shorts, it really pisses me off at how they've wasted such a great universe just because free advertisement from streamers > story mode.

That having been said, I like that release time map. It's so much more considerate than "12am <abbreviation for somewhere in America (maybe?)>"
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2016-05-23 at 04:18 AM.

I'm more excited about the editing trailer than overwatch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty neat video on machinima editing. =)
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Is there meant to be a poll in that overwatch section?

So we will be able to transmog our items into old legendary? Like thunderfury or hand of rag?

I think this poll might be a bit biased :-P

Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    Is there meant to be a poll in that overwatch section?
    Yes, something in your browser is blocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    So we will be able to transmog our items into old legendary? Like thunderfury or hand of rag?
    Nope. They said #Legion Legendaries, not All of them.

I won't be playing - not my kind of game. But, they did a great job on it, and the shorts and lore so far have been fantastic.

Deleted
    Wish i could hide non-wow news and movie crap from the frontpage, just like non-wow topics from the "recent forum posts"-box.

Also that conversation with ghostcrawler is weird. I'm definitely not playing wow because of the challenge. There is more in the games than "hardness", like enjoying scenery, story, whatever. If i want something else, i play ie. stalker: call of pripyat with misery mod. It's ugly, buggy, frustrating, and not even rewarding, but it has that "fuck you player"-thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I won't be playing - not my kind of game. But, they did a great job on it, and the shorts and lore so far have been fantastic.
    Same. I checked it out on a beta weekend and thought it seemed just fantastic. But I don't like FPSes and am far beyond horrible at them, so I have no expectation of getting any enjoyment out of it, and won't be buying it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Overwatch for me, no story mode at all and the only FPS I played was the Mass Effect series but only for story and not the shooting!

Hurah I'm super special elitary 0.22% dude.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Custom homepage page news would be awesome indeed, so we can filter all the stuff I got zero interest in like 60% of this post! Also don't really care what Ghostcrawler is saying anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Wish i could hide non-wow news and movie crap from the frontpage, just like non-wow topics from the "recent forum posts"-box.

Also that conversation with ghostcrawler is weird. I'm definitely not playing wow because of the challenge. There is more in the games than "hardness", like enjoying scenery, story, whatever. If i want something else, i play ie. stalker: call of pripyat with misery mod. It's ugly, buggy, frustrating, and not even rewarding, but it has that "fuck you player"-thing going on.

Those statistics make me laugh at the poll that was up a little while back asking about the proving grounds. Like 2000+ people voted endless 30+. Either they were lying or this site makes up less than 1% of the wow playerbase.

Should add a new option to the poll: Sorry, we didn't make it for Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Yeah. I don't mind if some things are hard, and that can even be satisfying when you get past it. But I don't know what the guy wants to be 'hard', and I think the raid participation stats make it hard to argue sweeping statements about what people in general want...