Poll: Which Overwatch Short was your favorite?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Overwatch Shorts : Which one is your favorite?

So title says it all. Blizzard recently released the last Overwatch short (Hero).

which one was your favorite? Mine was ofc Hanzo and Genji's even though I play neither character. Kudos to Blizzard's cinematics department.

Deleted
    ALL of them....

i tried to choose one but i cant they are ALL damn good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    ALL of them....

i tried to choose one but i cant they are ALL damn good.
    But I'm evil. I'm making you choose between them :3.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like all of them, but the Winston one was my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's animations and humor > everyone else.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

10+ Year Old Account
    I will go with Widowmaker one, i loved that one!, is so cool!!!! (Mainly cause you see part of the world itself in it, its conflicts and all that)

I loved Dragons, it was extremely good. I love all of them though, but voted for Dragons. Hero 76 and the Winston one tie for 2nd.

I love all of them, but Dragons was the one that really gave me the feels. Made me care about the universe much more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I love all of them, but Dragons was the one that really gave me the feels. Made me care about the universe much more.
    Yes - kinda made me like the universe more. One can only hope that some day there will be DLC or expansion with single player missions and different characters to tell more of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons, but all of them are pretty fantastic. I did not really think much of Genji nor Hanzo before it, but the short made me really like both, and I would consider Genji to be one of my favourite characters alongside my homeboy Reinhardt.

The thing that I really enjoyed about Dragons was how the brothers' struggles were mirroring the tale of the two dragon brothers. It felt like they took a lot of inspiration from the Burdens of Shaohao series, which had a lot of leanings towards Asian philosophies. The short is some of Blizzard's finest work and they have a lot of good cinematics under their belt.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-23 at 04:01 PM.

The Widowmaker one even though I don't like that character. The short itself was very well done with a clear intro, buildup, conflict, climax and ending. The eerie and ominous feeling that the haunting ambient music made was quite a great plus as well.

It was all about the atmosphere that was present throughout the whole short, really. Somewhat akin to knowing that something terrible is going to happen there, but not knowing just how it's going to happen. Additionally, the cinematography was top notch in all the action sequences there with the "last shot" part definitely stealing the highlight.

Dragons takes a well deserved second place for me. I simply can't help but get chills every time I see Hanzo summon the spectral wyrms mainly because of, once again, the great sound design.

I'm 15 years past cartoons, so none.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    'Dragons' by far I'd say. I'd agree that before the animated short, as much as I was excited about another short I wasn't expecting too much from Hanzo and Genji but a wonderful piece of storytelling again from Blizzard who seem to consistantly knock these outta the park.

Spirit

My favorite would be the cinematic trailer with Tracer/Winston vs Reaper/Widowmaker. But from these i'd choose Alive.

Deleted
    Dragons is my favorite after that Alive. Recall was decent but to me Hero was pretty meh.

Dragons is by far my most favorite; has my favorite character Hanzo and tearjerker/heartwarming story (cliched but very well executed) and mysticism to go along with it.

The Junkrat animated short! Oh wait, that was only in my mind

Dragons is my top pick, it was really well done.

7+ Year Old Account
    all of them were fantastic.
    but dragons was my favorite.
    it literally made me cry, lol.

Formerly known as Arafal

Didn't like the 76 one, what happened to the beaten omnic, the girl just left the dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a contest, Dragons was by far the best.

Correct order of greatness: Dragons > Alive > Recall > Hero

I was hoping Hero would touch on Soldier 76 and Reaper's past together. Instead we got a cliche story about token bad guys getting beat up by token "hero" guy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama