Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    8 out of 10 placements won,

result 1386, totally worth it :/
    I don't know why people think it is about winning, the first time is based on performance, then it factors in previous placements.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't know why people think it is about winning, the first time is based on performance, then it factors in previous placements.
    Top damage in all up to 15 to 25 kill streaks. It would be bullshit that i had one bad run in season 1 that i am now forced to literally drag myself through bronze to get anywhere

The issue with Bastion is that it still means you had to pick Bastion in the first place which is win for the opponent.

I'd pick 76 over him every single time, you're also underestimating how much hitboxes matter in this game, direct hitting a 76 is fairly easy but a Recon Bastion is incredibly simple to just lob rockets at.

10+ Year Old Account
    With little time left before the end of season 4, I guardian angeled into comp for one last push into plat.

- I only needed 23 SR to hit 2500. After a hard fought 4-3 Oasis win, I exclaimed in chat "I'm PLAT!"...but no...ended up only getting 22 SR. 2499. Frak my life.

- One win away from plat. Just 1 SR! That's all. Temple of Anubis. We stomp on attack. Ready to shut them down on defense, then one of our teammates dcs/leaves. We lose. Am I cursed?

- 2483. Need 17 SR for plat. COME ON TEAM! We lose terribly on Gibraltar attack. 1-0. I tell myself I'm done after this, I'm deflated, and just as the enemy pushing on attack inches from the win...we buckle down...we're holding...wtf is happening? Are we about to win?

We won! Got 18 SR (!!!!) and hit 2501 (all time high for me) with like 3 hrs left in the season. Woot!
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-05-28 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The issue with Bastion is that it still means you had to pick Bastion in the first place which is win for the opponent.

I'd pick 76 over him every single time, you're also underestimating how much hitboxes matter in this game, direct hitting a 76 is fairly easy but a Recon Bastion is incredibly simple to just lob rockets at.
    Not at all, there are Bastion players in top 500. 76 offers a little more versatility, but Bastion isn't trash, not anymore; Wild Bastions appearing will always be terrifying.

Anywho, finally dragged myself back over 2100 after wrecking my rating a couple of weeks ago; think it's a nice spot to finish the season had a low of 1750; would like to have finished higher but shouldn't have chased the gun on that day it really wasn't working for me. Along the way this weekend, ran into a couple of Masters players tanking themselves which sucked hard, but wasn't all bad. If I'd got the 11 wins it owes me for a 50% Win Rate I'd be virtually Plat. Fucking shit.

Saved the best game until last I think, and really got a handle on Orisa now; really got a lot of love for her, she really is feeling pretty strong to me. Her kit is absolutely excellent, Halt is a game changer on its own pulling injured players from cover and comboing with ults. Her Barrier isn't just a Reinhardt shield either, close in you can dance around it like Winston's which means it's a lot more versatile. Then there's Fortify which shits all over Mei's and Reinhardt's ults, as well as his charge, it's an absolute lifesaver on so many levels. Then there's her ult, so your team can do this in OT. Team wipe

http://plays.tv/video/592b405cebd303...risa-team-wipe

Yes, she can be squishy, and Widowmaker, Hanzo and McCree are terrifying for her, but otherwise I think she's miles ahead of Reinhardt because she brings so much more to the table.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-28 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Which only begs the question, "What's the point of placements if it's just going to put you back where you were in the previous season anyway?"
    I'd like Blizzard to be open about how much influence prior seasons actually have. If you're going to get stuck in a range +/- 100 points of your last placement, regardless of how you do in placements, then you're right; they're pointless and a waste of 10 matches for returning players; just stick them at whatever their prior placement was.

If, however, it's just used as a starting point, and your performance in placement matches could easily put you up or down an entire rank category (so +/- 500 points, based on placements alone), then there's a valid purpose; those first 10 could mean a significant adjustment to your placement if you had a run of bad (or good) luck last season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So care to explain why the 2 accounts have over 3000 rating difference yeah thought so must be that the ranking system works amirite?
    No one believes your BS, just give up already.

My games have been having a mixed outcome lately. Something hasn't changed tho - nearly every time I pick Symmetra on attack or a control point map I have to go to the closest mental asylum. Troll pick? Inferior to meta characters like Lucio? Perhaps, but I understand why people would want me to switch to someone safer. What I don't understand, nor like, is that people put every flaw the team has on me - we all die to Pharah's ult, get boop-ed off the map by Lucio, everyone is going 1 by 1 to their death - it's all my fault. I can't enjoy OW when I'm forced to switch (Or get traumatized) for reasons that shouldn't be connected with me.
    (I still remember when I was told I'll be reported by a Reinhardt who missed all his ultimates... It hurts.)
    Last edited by Currently Retired; 2017-05-28 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    My games have been having a mixed outcome lately. Something hasn't changed tho - nearly every time I pick Symmetra on attack or a control point map I have to go to the closest mental asylum. Troll pick? Inferior to meta characters like Lucio? Perhaps, but I understand why people would want me to switch to someone safer. What I don't understand, nor like, is that people put every flaw the team has on me - we all die to Pharah's ult, get boop-ed off the map by Lucio, everyone is going 1 by 1 to their death - it's all my fault. I can't enjoy OW when I'm forced to switch (Or get traumatized) for reasons that shouldn't be connected with me.
    (I still remember when I was told I'll be reported by a Reinhardt who missed all his ultimates... It hurts.)
    Plays something you full well know is inferior.

In a team game. (This is the part that you don't understand)

Wonders why there is a bad reaction.

Really?
    Last edited by Ravex; 2017-05-28 at 11:53 PM.

I was watching the Alive trailer again the other night and every time I see it I think "why don't they give Widowmaker those multi-angle spider eye lenses in scope mode?".

Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    Playing rated at daytime might be the most cancer shit you can do.
    So many Junkrat mains running around giving zero fucks about switching to Soldier etc when enemy team destroys us with phara...

(Yes,i triggers me a lot.)
    Nothing wrong with Junkrat, provided the other DPS is anti-Pharah.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-05-28 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

People complain in video games? News at 11!

Seriously, put on your big boy pants and either switch or don't, you may find your experience is better if you play as the game was intended, as a team and switching to counter threats.

Personally I scoff whenever I hear someone say they Main "X". You should be equally competent in as many characters as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I like playing McCree but his ult is absolute shit. You have to catch the enemy with their pants off to do anything with it. It needs a little something, like auto kills at least 1 target right off the bat, unless you dont get to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-05-29 at 12:44 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So care to explain why the 2 accounts have over 3000 rating difference yeah thought so must be that the ranking system works amirite?
    Try to rephrase it so that you actually start making sense. You're talking about 3000 rating differencees and 5 torbjörn metas in same sentence. It was a whole different ranking system back then 5 torbjörn meta was even possible, so you can not compare them at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Bastion is significantly better. He was better before Soldier 76's nerf, for that matter. Here's the stats;
    Yes, the raw damage output is better. But you are giving up amazing mobility, group healing (when in a pinch), helix burst and amazing ult (when paired with Nano). If you actually get the Pharah down, you're gonna be stuck playing Bastion and missing out on all those things, which is probably the reason nobody actually does use him to counter Pharah. Might be a different case somewhere in gold/plat ranks, don't know about that. But anywhere higher than that, Bastion is just trash pick unless you manage to completely surprise the opposing team somehow.

It's kinda pointless to just talk about 1v1 situation when this game is not 1v1.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with meta. Symmetras toolbox just doesn't suit those modes you mentioned. What I mean is you're basically playing the character in them with 50% efficiency. Same thing applies to stuff like Widowmaker on a map where there is barely any open space (can't really do anything), and Pharah on a map where it's mostly open space (gets killed very easily). When you pick a hero that absolutely does not do well on that map/mode, you're crippling your team. Would you like to play 5.5 vs 6 because your teammate picks something half useless?

Of course that doesn't mean everything that the team fucks up is your fault. You're just easy target for their anger, since you're the one crippling the team to begin with, even if you did not actually cause that Pharah ult to wipe them. You can't seriously be telling me that playing Symmetra is the only single thing you find enjoyable in Overwatch?

the way my games have been going makes me hate the PC community of this game more and more. on console I've never gotten as frustrated with people's performance on console as I have on PC. it's truly baffling how little they give a shit next to the people I've played with on PS4.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the way my games have been going makes me hate the PC community of this game more and more. on console I've never gotten as frustrated with people's performance on console as I have on PC. it's truly baffling how little they give a shit next to the people I've played with on PS4.
    Why why why? What bad you experienced playing on PC? I'm a PC player though!
    - says Ralph

I'm at the point where I look to see if I get defence on Mayhem and if I don't I leave game and try again. No penalty in leaving and chance of def winning is so huge that it is 90%+ chance defence wins in late overtime. It is the easiest way to get loot boxes because the mode is broken, everyone has too much life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Try to rephrase it so that you actually start making sense. You're talking about 3000 rating differencees and 5 torbjörn metas in same sentence. It was a whole different ranking system back then 5 torbjörn meta was even possible, so you can not compare them at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the raw damage output is better. But you are giving up amazing mobility, group healing (when in a pinch), helix burst and amazing ult (when paired with Nano). If you actually get the Pharah down, you're gonna be stuck playing Bastion and missing out on all those things, which is probably the reason nobody actually does use him to counter Pharah. Might be a different case somewhere in gold/plat ranks, don't know about that. But anywhere higher than that, Bastion is just trash pick unless you manage to completely surprise the opposing team somehow.

It's kinda pointless to just talk about 1v1 situation when this game is not 1v1.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with meta. Symmetras toolbox just doesn't suit those modes you mentioned. What I mean is you're basically playing the character in them with 50% efficiency. Same thing applies to stuff like Widowmaker on a map where there is barely any open space (can't really do anything), and Pharah on a map where it's mostly open space (gets killed very easily). When you pick a hero that absolutely does not do well on that map/mode, you're crippling your team. Would you like to play 5.5 vs 6 because your teammate picks something half useless?

Of course that doesn't mean everything that the team fucks up is your fault. You're just easy target for their anger, since you're the one crippling the team to begin with, even if you did not actually cause that Pharah ult to wipe them. You can't seriously be telling me that playing Symmetra is the only single thing you find enjoyable in Overwatch?
    I've been using him to counter pharah every time I see her and he works much better, and then I get the advantage of being a wrecking ball that if I catch them unaware I will drill the entire team.

If soldier gets the drop on pharah his bloom is so bad that she can recognize the danger, turn and kill him. Once soldier is down she runs rampant on the team. Bastion gets the drop on her and she dies. I would rather be decent against an entire team with a dead enemy pharah then die to a pharah and have her run rampant until soldier can get his ult off. Yes the bloom is that bad and if you relegate to 3 round burst you have to slow your rate of fire and she will either kill you, any one of the opposing 5 other enemies kills you or you have to use to clips if she is fairly average at aerial maneuvering. Bastion can drop her before anyone even knows he is there and I will take a cold dead Pharah any day.

In fact I had a game today where I started out as soldier, saw her, she killed me before I could kill her and I switched to bastion and she died everytime she entered the sky and after 5 deaths she changed to tracer. Tracer I can deal with. You just expect the recall and shoot where she was 3 seconds before that.

I'm at the point where I look to see if I get defence on Mayhem and if I don't I leave game and try again. No penalty in leaving and chance of def winning is so huge that it is 90%+ chance defence wins in late overtime. It is the easiest way to get loot boxes because the mode is broken, everyone has too much life.
    did the same last week, probably least frustrating arcade grind ever, 7 games = 7 wins

You need to pick the correct chars with the right ulti's.

Offensive ulti's like soldiers and reapers are nice when you can kill people in a few seconds but since everybody has so much HP and Winstons shield is up like all the time he they are a bit pointless.

D.va is nice if you can time it right

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You need to pick the correct chars with the right ulti's.

Offensive ulti's like soldiers and reapers are nice when you can kill people in a few seconds but since everybody has so much HP and Winstons shield is up like all the time he they are a bit pointless.

D.va is nice if you can time it right
    I always Zarya, I set up pharah and Hanzo for team wipes and with a half decent healer I never die. You still can't push a payload fast enough unless the opposing team is just absolutely trash. Usually what happens is Winston drops bubble, soldier drops heal, Anna throws a grenade, Lucia amps his healing and there is either a Rhardt shield or ice wall/ice block or d.va def matrix. It isn't even worth trying when a defense team just has to wait for the timer to end, hold out a bit and throw down a gravity bomb just outside the payload/control point so it sucks the attackers away long enough to win.

Mayhem is fun but there is just way too much life.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-05-30 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    did the same last week, probably least frustrating arcade grind ever, 7 games = 7 wins
    Nah, the pve event was by far the simplest (albeit time-consuming) method of getting loot boxes.

Either way, I see its the "we're gonna make you lose 6 games before we give you 1 win"
    route for the loot boxes this time eh Overwatch?
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-05-31 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got called a 'try hard Widow' last night.