Fourth straight game lost due to trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Got to love these phenomenally blinkered "I'm AMAZING" posts. Also, I hope they fucking ban you for boosting, you're part of our problem.
    Like they would ever find out I boosted my friend. How am I part of the problem? I boosted one person from the bronze bracket so they wouldn't have to play with the people there, they're staying in the gold bracket now. All I did was make it faster for them to get there instead of it taking a lot of games for them.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-10-06 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Like they would ever find out I boosted my friend. How am I part of the problem? I boosted one person from the bronze bracket so they wouldn't have to play with the people there, they're staying in the gold bracket now. All I did was make it faster for them to get there instead of it taking a lot of games for them.
    You slowed down probably hundreds of other players' progress in the process. And you are by no means the only person doing this. You shit on everyone else, you deserve to be banned, and that's Blizzard's stance on it. SR manipulation is an absolute fucking cancer in this game, and your "friend" will probably sink and fuck up loads of players' games on the way down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That's you. Not everybody can do that, and you have to be at that level to do anything. You are so reliant on your team, otherwise you have to solo the whole other team. Idk about you, but I can't do something that crazy or reckless, or I'm DEAD. I mean, you can surely leverage that kind of skill when you already have it, but it's a long, arduous process and progress is slow.That's why I feel ranking up is a lie, or it's only for the people who already have inherent skill that just needs refining. If you don't have it, you're stuck with the people that just don't care whether they win or lose. I gave up on competitive with a 39% win rate. And those wins happened because the enemy team had leavers, or throwers. I had a couple myself, in fact.
    I wasn't at this level when I started playing. I played the beta for a few hours then bought the game at the release. I've got a total of 422 hours played since I bought the game. 100 of those are in quickplay before comp launched. Season 1 I was at rank 43 at the end despite placing at 57 after placement, season 2 2360, season 3 2780, season 4 2873, season 5 2980, this season 2917.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much improved tonight, 7-4 with a good mix of heroes and gained nearly 100SR for it. Those I won, shockingly enough won with 2 healers and at least 1 barrier tank, the losses, 1-4-1s (at best, if you can count that 1 tank as a Tank when it's D.Va or Roadhog). Best heroes seem to be Orisa, Zenyatta, Pharah, Widow and I can do a job with Mercy, definitely getting better with her. D.Va now just isn't working much at all, worse than S2 when she was pretty much stuck to Attack Off-Tanking, dies far too easily without somewhere to escape and fall back to. Getting more confident with Orisa on attack though so that's been working for me.

Couple of joke matches, one as Symmetra on Defence I just microwaved everyone even though we barely got like 37% attacking (our McCree and Tracer were shite DPS, I went Symm because Mercy told me to DPS as I'd been Zen) they just kept walking into my Orbs, then trickling into me at low health so they never even got the first tick. Another on Hollywood our Rein loved his shift button, lost Point A because he charged defending it, then again McCree ults, all he needs to do is hold RMB, but no *shift* 4 of us die and they walk the payload in OT. Fortunately he made up for it in rounds 3 and 4 and we won.

Mercy still feels very mandatory and I still hate Tracer and Genji and Reaper.

Much improved tonight, 7-4 with a good mix of heroes and gained nearly 100SR for it. Those I won, shockingly enough won with 2 healers and at least 1 barrier tank, the losses, 1-4-1s (at best, if you can count that 1 tank as a Tank when it's D.Va or Roadhog). Best heroes seem to be Orisa, Zenyatta, Pharah, Widow and I can do a job with Mercy, definitely getting better with her. D.Va now just isn't working much at all, worse than S2 when she was pretty much stuck to Attack Off-Tanking, dies far too easily without somewhere to escape and fall back to. Getting more confident with Orisa on attack though so that's been working for me.

Couple of joke matches, one as Symmetra on Defence I just microwaved everyone even though we barely got like 37% attacking (our McCree and Tracer were shite DPS, I went Symm because Mercy told me to DPS as I'd been Zen) they just kept walking into my Orbs, then trickling into me at low health so they never even got the first tick. Another on Hollywood our Rein loved his shift button, lost Point A because he charged defending it, then again McCree ults, all he needs to do is hold RMB, but no *shift* 4 of us die and they walk the payload in OT. Fortunately he made up for it in rounds 3 and 4 and we won.

Mercy still feels very mandatory and I still hate Tracer and Genji and Reaper.
    What could possibly make you hate Reaper lol, he's such a linear hero.

It isn't hard to figure out, bronze player blows away entire other team and jumps up ranks quickly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he was boosted. Bliz can easily seek out the data on players who move upwards too quickly. And if you did it from your computer at your home they can tell his ip changed while he was suddenly shooting up the ranks. Then they say, "Hey, this high ranked player plays from this same IP, that is the booster, And ban."
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-10-07 at 04:37 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    What could possibly make you hate Reaper lol, he's such a linear hero.
    Playing tanks. You'd be amazed at how many DPS are utterly blind to his existence. Even those who spot him forget he exists when he presses shift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It isn't hard to figure out, bronze player blows away entire other team and jumps up ranks quickly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he was boosted. Bliz can easily seek out the data on players who move upwards too quickly. And if you did it from your computer at your home they can tell his ip changed while he was suddenly shooting up the ranks. Then they say, "Hey, this high ranked player plays from this same IP, that is the booster, And ban."
    Honestly, they could probably build a biometric signature from their playstyle and behaviour.

Yeah, no. They'd have no proof it was me. There's about... 10 people who have played from same IP as me all in all. Gonna ban them all? I doubt that. That's why they don't ban people based on their IP in games, they could be banning someone who didn't partake. Not even botting herbs or ore in WoW on one account results in your other account being banned.

Yeah, no. They'd have no proof it was me. There's about... 10 people who have played from same IP as me all in all. Gonna ban them all? I doubt that. That's why they don't ban people based on their IP in games, they could be banning someone who didn't partake. Not even botting herbs or ore in WoW on one account results in your other account being banned.
    It doesn’t matter, your friend can easily be banned and then what’s the point if boosting them? Your friend placed in bronze and belongs in bronze. I got my kid this game at Easter and she placed in gold, fell to bronze because she never played fps before and she worked her way this season into plat. She deserves her rank, your friend belongs in bronze until they can dig themselves out. All you did was enable someone to weak to do it themselves.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

It doesn’t matter, your friend can easily be banned and then what’s the point if boosting them? Your friend placed in bronze and belongs in bronze. I got my kid this game at Easter and she placed in gold, fell to bronze because she never played fps before and she worked her way this season into plat. She deserves her rank, your friend belongs in bronze until they can dig themselves out. All you did was enable someone to weak to do it themselves.
    He's staying in gold, so no, he doesn't belong in bronze.

He's staying in gold, so no, he doesn't belong in bronze.
    If he belonged in gold he would of gotten himself out of gold, my 13 year old daughter did it without my help because she isn’t weak sauce that can’t be bothered. Your friend is kind of sad.

Fighting a tough battle staying in Plat. Anytime I get close to 2600 and above to get some breathing room I suddenly start finding myself on teams with double sniper as our damage or a Mercy player that doesn't know how to do anything but focus the tanks. That last part is getting annoying, even when I play Mercy, just because so many people think they need heals/rezzed above others. Tank drops down to low health, I bring him/her up partway and then heal up another player next to me that's 1 hit from being dead, move to heal another's person that's 1-2 hits from being dead, just to have the tank slam or ask over voice for me to focus into them, all the while 1 of my team members just died in a cluster of enemies asking for a Rez.
    Back to the point, after these games I drop down to about 2480-2510 range and climb my way back up 1 game away from 2600 just to suddenly get teams like the previous ones. Last night I got put into a game with 3 healer mains, 50+ hours on Lucio and Mercy/Zen/Ana, with their next hero having 1-2 hours played. It was rough and we got steamrolled. Next game was a bit more balanced and won that one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Fighting a tough battle staying in Plat. Anytime I get close to 2600 and above to get some breathing room I suddenly start finding myself on teams with double sniper as our damage or a Mercy player that doesn't know how to do anything but focus the tanks.
    This is why there are countless threads across bnet forums and the interwebz that it's rigged. Same thing is happening to most of us. I dared to peak over 2700 and it said oh hell no, 25 straight losses for you.
    BAD WOLF

If he belonged in gold he would of gotten himself out of gold, my 13 year old daughter did it without my help because she isn’t weak sauce that can’t be bothered. Your friend is kind of sad.
    He would have gotten there in time if he had actually played. He couldn't be bothered to play because of the caliber of bronze players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This is why there are countless threads across bnet forums and the interwebz that it's rigged. Same thing is happening to most of us. I dared to peak over 2700 and it said oh hell no, 25 straight losses for you.
    Yeah, I think there's something fishy if you're playing without a 6-man group, it seems like it's throwing you with worse players expecting you to carry them or something.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think there's something fishy if you're playing without a 6-man group, it seems like it's throwing you with worse players expecting you to carry them or something.
    My stats actually go up during the periods I'm losing the most, no matter what class I play. My time on fire, kills, obj time, like everything. It's really not fun. Showing that to win I need a team of competent people trying to play real roles.
    BAD WOLF

He would have gotten there in time if he had actually played. He couldn't be bothered to play because of the caliber of bronze players.

- - - Updated - - -

He couldn’t be bothered because of the caliber of gamer he is. Instead of manning up and fixing the rank he screwed up in placement he whined to you to fix the boo boo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ended up playing some Reinhardt again. Forgot what I'd missed, but pretty sure his SR awards are straight up broken they seem way more variable than for any other hero; seems to get massively punished for a loss relative to what you gain for a win.

Ended up playing some Reinhardt again. Forgot what I'd missed, but pretty sure his SR awards are straight up broken they seem way more variable than for any other hero; seems to get massively punished for a loss relative to what you gain for a win.
    Well, this partially comes down to the messed up SR I keep talking about. As everyone likes to point out the "how you play vs how others play, etc," Ive noticed that if I play aggressive as fuck and swing my hammer nonstop in a group of players, even if I die all the time, if we manage to win, I gain more for that win vs if I played defensively and kept my shield up full time while my team wasn't able to pick people off and hold the point more effectively than me playing like an asshole.
    Also, I think "damage blocked" becomes a bigger variable if that damage comes from Ults vs normal fire. Just as a for instance, blocking an entire Reaper Ult for DB could potentially award more SR "tracking" (no idea what to call this or if it even exists) over blocking steady 76 fire for well over 2 minutes. If you weigh that over getting hammer hits on multiple targets per swing counting more for you, it then becomes beneficial to actually play the "suicide Rein" approach over the standard and better suited "defensive, keep my team and myself alive longer" playstyle.
    Again, just some orb the issues I have with Blizz never stating how SR is actually calculated.

I got out of bronze yesterday. it is a good feeling, though I keep telling myself rank don't mean much so I don't get tilted easily.

I deleted some files and disabled programs from my computer start-up, got a consistent fps of 60, ping stayed steady at 120-140. changed from US to EU and got less trolls and leavers than in US. also, all my teammates understand English, instead of in US wherein there are times you'll get 2-4 teammates who are either chinese or thai and don't type in English alphabet characters.

played mercy/reinhardt/pharah as the situation called for it. tried to stay positive, even blatantly saying that I'm going to pocket 2-3 teammates (mostly damage than heal) and the others must rely on the other healer.

then got straight wins. hovering from 1300-1400 and broke through 1500.