I did like 30% better than my last placements in performance and it dropped me 200 rating. This is so irritating.

I've had some silver/gold/plat players in high diamond before I got out of the elo.

By this I mean I looked at their profiles and they ended last season in those ratings and somehow placed in high diamond?

As you can imagine they were 100% dead weight. I don't understand why they were allowed to place so high.

Okay and just noticed something thats really annoying. Was playing Anubis and we got team kill and was going to get first point within the first minute...then someone from the enemy team just leaves and the match is cancelled. That's annoying as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd placement match down and someone has left already but fuck em. im so good i dont need another retard that's too heavy to carry

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    That may be sort of a side-effect, but you know very well it has nothing to do with the actual reason why cancellation is in place. Yes, it's a little disappointing when it happens, but it's not about punishment and it really should be there.
    disappointing? it defeats the entire purpose of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Add on the complete "fuck you" feeling by Jeff and the devs for high ranked players getting the "play to win" treatment while Plat and lower still have to deal with the personal SR BS and the mentality that comes with it, I just don't even think I want to mess with the game right now.
    you realize you'd be losing more SR if you are performing at a winning level if SR was normalized below diamond right

i don't know about you, but i usually lose 10-15 SR in my games and I'm OK with that

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    The purpose is to play 6v6 matches, not 5(or less)v6. Leavers ruin the purpose, not the system.

3rd placement match down and someone has left already but fuck em. im so good i dont need another retard that's too heavy to carry

you realize you'd be losing more SR if you are performing at a winning level if SR was normalized below diamond right

i don't know about you, but i usually lose 10-15 SR in my games and I'm OK with that
    Not necessarily. People try this arguement, but the things to consider boiled down to this:
    Am I winning more games than I am losing? If yes, gain rank and climb. If no, fall down the ranks.
    As someone who has a win rate of roughly 55-60% any given season, I would continue to climb as I win more games than I lose. Eventually, that would even out as I actually get players equal to my level both on my team or against it.
    As it stands now, just as a for instance, let's say I pick Mercy on Oasis. My stats are terrible on the match because my team actually plays well, they get behind line picks ruining the enemies push, they grab health packs, and I'm not really healing much. Maybe my kill assists are High from damage boosting people, but my overall healing is down. Or maybe I have a high death count because the enemy is great at flanking but suck at pushing a point and holding it, so while I might die my team holds the point because I'm the focus and I just happen to stay alive long enough to pull the brunt of the focus. I end the match with worse stats than other Mercy players on that map, the game now decides I need to be downranked. I'm now fighting the system. Even though I won, I gain less for that win than others. I now have to spend the next 1-? how many games trying to move my MMR up, and during that time I have to win those matches as well, because if I lose them I sure as shit am going to lose a lot more than I should over 1 game I may or may not have played well. Even on a win, I am punished. Sometimes that could be made to make sense, but really and truely think on this: why is there any kind of punishment for a winning game?

Not necessarily. People try this arguement, but the things to consider boiled down to this:
    Am I winning more games than I am losing? If yes, gain rank and climb. If no, fall down the ranks.
    As someone who has a win rate of roughly 55-60% any given season, I would continue to climb as I win more games than I lose. Eventually, that would even out as I actually get players equal to my level both on my team or against it.
    As it stands now, just as a for instance, let's say I pick Mercy on Oasis. My stats are terrible on the match because my team actually plays well, they get behind line picks ruining the enemies push, they grab health packs, and I'm not really healing much. Maybe my kill assists are High from damage boosting people, but my overall healing is down. Or maybe I have a high death count because the enemy is great at flanking but suck at pushing a point and holding it, so while I might die my team holds the point because I'm the focus and I just happen to stay alive long enough to pull the brunt of the focus. I end the match with worse stats than other Mercy players on that map, the game now decides I need to be downranked. I'm now fighting the system. Even though I won, I gain less for that win than others. I now have to spend the next 1-? how many games trying to move my MMR up, and during that time I have to win those matches as well, because if I lose them I sure as shit am going to lose a lot more than I should over 1 game I may or may not have played well. Even on a win, I am punished. Sometimes that could be made to make sense, but really and truely think on this: why is there any kind of punishment for a winning game?
    It also rewards never switching, the minute you switch you take an SR hit one way or the other. Straight win/loss is the way to go, but alas, currently they only think diamond+ deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This season is somehow worse than the last.

On the plus side, this is how you win a match. https://plays.tv/video/5a4ae5b9ab87d...potg?from=user
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-01-02 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    The purpose is to play 6v6 matches, not 5(or less)v6. Leavers ruin the purpose, not the system.
    the purpose is to win

i'm going to have to stop you there and say that as many 4v6 games as i have to carry i'd be pissed if everyone i was playing with was getting the same reward as me and i was being punished as much as them for losing because i am comparatively doing more than them to win. if you are (consistently) better than other players, you will climb. Losing streaks will happen, but players get too fixated on rank.

a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that means success will happen instantly. even master players can struggle to get out of bronze, silver and gold because of how seriously people in those ELOs (don't) take the game. They aren't going to get stuck there, but they can face some difficulty getting out just because of how wishy washy the matchmaking is.

why is there any kind of punishment for a winning game?
    because you don't deserve the same share of a reward if you didn't work as hard as everyone else for it. i personally love the feeling of walking away with a massive 40ish SR for a single win when I have done something incredible like gone 46 and 3 with 34 Solo Kills and 15000 damage in 2 rounds in a 5v6. There are people in lower ELOs who genuinely just do not give a shit about winning games and play like it so it feels really nice to be rewarded for your competence.

Just focus on winning and when you are winning, grab that win by the balls and squeeze every ounce of nut juice out of it that you can until it's screaming in agony and wishing you weren't winning.

the purpose is to win

i'm going to have to stop you there and say that as many 4v6 games as i have to carry i'd be pissed if everyone i was playing with was getting the same reward as me and i was being punished as much as them for losing because i am comparatively doing more than them to win. if you are (consistently) better than other players, you will climb. Losing streaks will happen, but players get too fixated on rank.

a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that means success will happen instantly. even master players can struggle to get out of bronze, silver and gold because of how seriously people in those ELOs (don't) take the game. They aren't going to get stuck there, but they can face some difficulty getting out just because of how wishy washy the matchmaking is.

because you don't deserve the same share of a reward if you didn't work as hard as everyone else for it. i personally love the feeling of walking away with a massive 40ish SR for a single win when I have done something incredible like gone 46 and 3 with 34 Solo Kills and 15000 damage in 2 rounds in a 5v6. There are people in lower ELOs who genuinely just do not give a shit about winning games and play like it so it feels really nice to be rewarded for your competence.

Just focus on winning and when you are winning, grab that win by the balls and squeeze every ounce of nut juice out of it that you can until it's screaming in agony and wishing you weren't winning.
    So your justification is: even though you win the game, while being a contributing factor, because you didn't play as well as someone you may never meet that has nothing to do with your game, that you should gain less?
    Or how about you pick Bastion and I pick Orissa, and I keep you alive by shielding you and bodyblocking, yet you pull more damage than I do, that somehow merits you earning more than me even though without me you wouldn't have played near as well, and potentially even been useless?
    There's been games where I've been Tracer and did more getting the enemy team to turn around and causing openings than my teams 76 did by pumping bullet after bullet into a rein/Orissa combo, yet them turning with my 1 pick enabled the point cap.
    There's more to the game than just what you do solo, and there's times where someone may be perceived as the weak link on your team (such as a lot of people feel about Widow) but those players can be playmakers and open up the push.
    Also funny you use the personal performance arguement when higher ranks are play to win.
    Bottom line: until someone can explain how you are punished for winning a game being a positive, there's no winning the arguement.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-02 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your justification is: even though you win the game, while being a contributing factor, because you didn't play as well as someone you may never meet that has nothing to do with your game, that you should gain less?
    absolutely. if i am better than other players at my rank, why should i be punished the same as them? if i am better than other players at my rank, why should they be rewarded the same as me?

Or how about you pick Bastion and I pick Orissa, and I keep you alive by shielding you and bodyblocking, yet you pull more damage than I do, that somehow merits you earning more than me even though without me you wouldn't have played near as well, and potentially even been useless?
    medals do net you additional SR, but so does being there when an assault resulting in a successful capture is made. i agree the system is not perfect, but if you are better than other players at your ranking and you consistently perform better than them, you will win more games just by being a playmaker, crossing targets off your list of priorities and trying to take any opportunity you can to trip up the enemy team.

I know I have seen Kelimbor rant a lot, and players like him are part of the reason why this system should stay in place at lower ELOs. Getting to Diamond is all about hammering out the dents in your consistency and positioning. You could have 20% accuracy as Tracer and make it to Diamond as long as you are landing the shots that make an impact. He probably quit playing the game since I don't see him post here anymore, but his frustration was understandable.

One season, I was stuck in Bronze. I played over 400 games that season. I had literally become a god at the game in this ELO, but I was still losing games because it just took too much god damn time and effort to kill a Roadhog (and most tanks honestly). I was so much better than any other player I'd played against who was legitimately sitting at this rank and even most of the smurfs. It was the most frustrating thing in the world to be stuck there and I started to ask myself if I was delusional for thinking I didn't belong in Bronze, wondering how I could possibly play this hard and still be losing games. Maybe people are right, maybe I'm just full of myself, maybe I should just accept that despite setting a personal goal to improve at this game and putting in over 300 hours, I was no better at it than I was 270 hours ago. But one day I'm chilling w/ my friend a lot (basically every day all day) at this point and time because of my living situation and he doesn't care about his OW account so I rack up 200 games on his account and I play in Gold the entire season. I fell out a few times but climbed back up just as fast as I fell.

This was very upsetting to me - I was proud to be out of Bronze, to have something to show for all the work I put into getting better at FPS type games (OW is the first shooter type game I've played for an extended period of time) but I knew for a fact that there were players in Bronze that I fought against that were much better than players I fought in Gold. Whenever I got stomped in Bronze, I always kind of (begrudgingly) accepted another player was better and that I'd have to play around them or I'd lose the match. Because of this, I indirectly (and unknowingly) got used to dealing with smurfs.

Getting to Gold as DPS was always the goal ever since I quit being a Reinhardt one trick so I thought I'd feel a lot better about achieving it than I did, but it just didn't feel legitimate because I didn't know if I got here and was staying here by luck, being kept afloat by all of the clueless losers I was stagger camping. The smurfs made me wonder if they were actually smurfs and whether or not I was making excuses for being inconsistent and hadn't improved as much as I thought I had - maybe this is just how much better true Gold players deserving of their rank actually were. Every time I sat down to play comp, the experience was different. Sometimes I smashed teams and it didn't matter what they did because my aim was sticking so hard it felt like I could kill anyone through being pocketed.

Sometimes I couldn't even hear footsteps or notice what was going on around me. Some days, it felt like I was smurfing with the smurfs. Other days, it felt like I was getting smurfed. Some days, I would 1 clip Zenyattas before they could even turn around and some days I'd get solo'd by a Mercy. At one point I dropped from 1900 to 1400 but hit Gold again in one night winning like 15 games straight playing like I was pistol whipping blind kids.

At the end of the season, I was almost Platinum but I just didn't want to rank up because of how hollow this small victory felt so I just left it and went back to playing games on my main account. I was still losing games, but not as many. I'd literally play out of my mind as Tracer or Genji since these were the heroes I invested the most time in, so I usually only played them. But I started to notice how inconsistent I was and on days like that, I would just play Pharah and Soldier 76 instead since I knew they were much lower skill high value heroes and less risky to play. I swear I had like a 90% winrate all the way up to low Gold.

Without a system like this, it's hard to say where I would be ranked now but I'm basically 100% positive that I wouldn't be happy about it. Lower rated players need bonuses to set them apart from the incompetent and reward them for their effort and understanding they have acquired by learning how to play the game at a higher level than the less mechanically or intelligently inclined. Otherwise matchmaking will stagnate and become even more fucked up than it already is.

The reason they changed this for Diamond+ is because players who have put in the work to play at that rank generally know their job as a hero and how to play them, have a firm grasp on their mechanical skill and communicate a lot more so it doesn't make sense to have SR adjustment for them since everyone's skill level is similar enough that teamwork is what should be winning games and bringing players up the ranks. It also, in part, is punishing one trick players by taking away incentive for them to continue to be hardheaded, refusing to play other heroes because they will lose the same amount of SR for playing Symmetra as they will for playing Lucio.

If you want to climb, just study your heroes & what opportunities you can take advantage of, learn how to win the mind game at your ELO, make a note of threats you see causing a lot of trouble for your team, come up with a plan to address it and never let the enemy have an advantage they don't have to work for. But most of all... just give up the idea of being a "main" unless you are going to put in the hours to get really good at that particular hero. It's fun to see heroes as characters and to enjoy their unique quirks and personalities, but seeing them as weapons will open your eyes to all kinds of different possibilities and lead you to many more wins.

For example: Pharah is like a ticket out of low ELOs because of how stubborn players are. She counters Junkrat, she counters Symmetra, she counters Torbjorn and an unchecked Pharah drives support players absolutely nuts. Her damage is absurd. If they can't shoot Genji without Winston, Symmetra or Moira, they won't be able to shoot you as Pharah without an aimbot, Deadeye or Tactical Visor. You could just be practicing long range missile spam without being remotely good and create a lot of room for your team and chaos for your flankers to take advantage of. However, in basically any competitive game at low ELO, many of the players there do not appreciate, recognize or coherently comprehend the value of high pressure.

I don't like Pharah much, she's actually one of my least favorite heroes and one of the most unfun heroes in the game to play, but if the enemy team aren't going to play hitscan and I'm tired of being cheesed by Junkrat's choke spam, then I am going to cheese them to death.

snip
    Reason personal rating needs to go on all levels is it promotes never switching, the minute you switch you fuck your SR, lose and lose more SR, win and you win less SR.

It's counterproductive to a game that's based around switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Reason personal rating needs to go on all levels is it promotes never switching
    it also promotes accurate ranking and not being a useless shitlord lol

Doing this at low ELO can be statistically proven to do nothing but make every matchmaking problem the game currently has even worse. There are so many problems at low ELO - mentality, game knowledge, consistency, willingness or ability to communicate etc. I certainly would never consider it.

Teamwork is not winning these games at lower ELOs so players shouldn't be punished or rewarded as a Team. The next time you load into a game and a player isn't doing their job, I want you to tell them what their job is and how they should do it to help the team. Then I want you to tell me how your Gold Genji told you to go fuck yourself because he can't 1v1 a Widowmaker so he doesn't even look in her direction or try to take her space away from her.

Either that, or he doesn't know how to play objective defense, doesn't have the confidence to do his job and actually only has 2 hours of playtime on Genji.

After that, I want you to tell me with a straight face and without bullshitting, that a player like that deserves the same reward for a win as you do.

absolutely. if i am better than other players at my rank, why should i be punished the same as them? if i am better than other players at my rank, why should they be rewarded the same as me?

medals do net you additional SR, but so does being there when an assault resulting in a successful capture is made. i agree the system is not perfect, but if you are better than other players at your ranking and you consistently perform better than them, you will win more games just by being a playmaker, crossing targets off your list of priorities and trying to take any opportunity you can to trip up the enemy team.

I know I have seen Kelimbor rant a lot, and players like him are part of the reason why this system should stay in place at lower ELOs. Getting to Diamond is all about hammering out the dents in your consistency and positioning. You could have 20% accuracy as Tracer and make it to Diamond as long as you are landing the shots that make an impact. He probably quit playing the game since I don't see him post here anymore, but his frustration was understandable.

One season, I was stuck in Bronze. I played over 400 games that season. I had literally become a god at the game in this ELO, but I was still losing games because it just took too much god damn time and effort to kill a Roadhog (and most tanks honestly). I was so much better than any other player I'd played against who was legitimately sitting at this rank and even most of the smurfs. It was the most frustrating thing in the world to be stuck there and I started to ask myself if I was delusional for thinking I didn't belong in Bronze, wondering how I could possibly play this hard and still be losing games. Maybe people are right, maybe I'm just full of myself, maybe I should just accept that despite setting a personal goal to improve at this game and putting in over 300 hours, I was no better at it than I was 270 hours ago. But one day I'm chilling w/ my friend a lot (basically every day all day) at this point and time because of my living situation and he doesn't care about his OW account so I rack up 200 games on his account and I play in Gold the entire season. I fell out a few times but climbed back up just as fast as I fell.

This was very upsetting to me - I was proud to be out of Bronze, to have something to show for all the work I put into getting better at FPS type games (OW is the first shooter type game I've played for an extended period of time) but I knew for a fact that there were players in Bronze that I fought against that were much better than players I fought in Gold. Whenever I got stomped in Bronze, I always kind of (begrudgingly) accepted another player was better and that I'd have to play around them or I'd lose the match. Because of this, I indirectly (and unknowingly) got used to dealing with smurfs.

Getting to Gold as DPS was always the goal ever since I quit being a Reinhardt one trick so I thought I'd feel a lot better about achieving it than I did, but it just didn't feel legitimate because I didn't know if I got here and was staying here by luck, being kept afloat by all of the clueless losers I was stagger camping. The smurfs made me wonder if they were actually smurfs and whether or not I was making excuses for being inconsistent and hadn't improved as much as I thought I had - maybe this is just how much better true Gold players deserving of their rank actually were. Every time I sat down to play comp, the experience was different. Sometimes I smashed teams and it didn't matter what they did because my aim was sticking so hard it felt like I could kill anyone through being pocketed.

Sometimes I couldn't even hear footsteps or notice what was going on around me. Some days, it felt like I was smurfing with the smurfs. Other days, it felt like I was getting smurfed. Some days, I would 1 clip Zenyattas before they could even turn around and some days I'd get solo'd by a Mercy. At one point I dropped from 1900 to 1400 but hit Gold again in one night winning like 15 games straight playing like I was pistol whipping blind kids.

At the end of the season, I was almost Platinum but I just didn't want to rank up because of how hollow this small victory felt so I just left it and went back to playing games on my main account. I was still losing games, but not as many. I'd literally play out of my mind as Tracer or Genji since these were the heroes I invested the most time in, so I usually only played them. But I started to notice how inconsistent I was and on days like that, I would just play Pharah and Soldier 76 instead since I knew they were much lower skill high value heroes and less risky to play. I swear I had like a 90% winrate all the way up to low Gold.

Without a system like this, it's hard to say where I would be ranked now but I'm basically 100% positive that I wouldn't be happy about it. Lower rated players need bonuses to set them apart from the incompetent and reward them for their effort and understanding they have acquired by learning how to play the game at a higher level than the less mechanically or intelligently inclined. Otherwise matchmaking will stagnate and become even more fucked up than it already is.

The reason they changed this for Diamond+ is because players who have put in the work to play at that rank generally know their job as a hero and how to play them, have a firm grasp on their mechanical skill and communicate a lot more so it doesn't make sense to have SR adjustment for them since everyone's skill level is similar enough that teamwork is what should be winning games and bringing players up the ranks. It also, in part, is punishing one trick players by taking away incentive for them to continue to be hardheaded, refusing to play other heroes because they will lose the same amount of SR for playing Symmetra as they will for playing Lucio.

If you want to climb, just study your heroes & what opportunities you can take advantage of, learn how to win the mind game at your ELO, make a note of threats you see causing a lot of trouble for your team, come up with a plan to address it and never let the enemy have an advantage they don't have to work for. But most of all... just give up the idea of being a "main" unless you are going to put in the hours to get really good at that particular hero. It's fun to see heroes as characters and to enjoy their unique quirks and personalities, but seeing them as weapons will open your eyes to all kinds of different possibilities and lead you to many more wins.

For example: Pharah is like a ticket out of low ELOs because of how stubborn players are. She counters Junkrat, she counters Symmetra, she counters Torbjorn and an unchecked Pharah drives support players absolutely nuts. Her damage is absurd. If they can't shoot Genji without Winston, Symmetra or Moira, they won't be able to shoot you as Pharah without an aimbot, Deadeye or Tactical Visor. You could just be practicing long range missile spam without being remotely good and create a lot of room for your team and chaos for your flankers to take advantage of. However, in basically any competitive game at low ELO, many of the players there do not appreciate, recognize or coherently comprehend the value of high pressure.

I don't like Pharah much, she's actually one of my least favorite heroes and one of the most unfun heroes in the game to play, but if the enemy team aren't going to play hitscan and I'm tired of being cheesed by Junkrat's choke spam, then I am going to cheese them to death.
    Why should they be rewarded the same? It's a team game. The focus should be on team play and winning. You know, the reason they are changing it for Diamond and higher.
    When are support (other than now Moira) a playmaker? Lucio arguably, but that's reliant on a map you can boop people off or force them to with an Ult usage. Maybe I do make a play, but my team doesn't capitalize on it. There's been plenty of times where I go in, get 2-3 kills, call it out, then turn to watch my team chase around a Tracer while the remaining 2 chase me off cap.
    You mention Kelimbor, so let me throw out Ragtagg. The guy is a good player, and also talks about the issues with the SR. Some of his best points boil down to issues with the SR and how it promotes 1 tricking and personal playstyle over team play. After all, if I put all my eggs into Tracer, why should I play anything else when that swap means I get less per win and lose more per loss? Even if I'm completely ineffective against the enemy comp, why change when it means I am punished. I'm essentially throwing the game at this point simply because it's beneficial to not play as a team.
    As for your next 3 paragraphs, how is that any different than a win/loss system? You want to climb, you still need to get better at the game. This means things like hearing footsteps, learning the maps, coordinating Ults, being communicative, etc. The difference being (as previously mentioned) it forces you to 1-2 trick your way up as a solo playstyle vs learning to be a team.
    Look at any other game that uses a win/loss ratio to determine ladder climbs. Has anyone ever, EVER complained about it? Even in these forums, when it's mentioned, people haven't stated that it's a bad system, they simply state OW is not that style game. I commend Blizzard for trying something new, except it has just as many people complaining about it as are defending it. Blizzard has also not been forthcoming about how it works. People have speculated about it (the hidden parts) and the things Blizzard has brought to light is now being manipulated.
    Again, if you can't explain how a system that penalizes you for a win is good, there is an issue with the system. To this day, no one has been able to spin this system into a positive light. They've only managed to say that it works as intended. Even if a system works as intended, does not mean the system is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are support (other than now Moira) a playmaker? Lucio arguably, but that's reliant on a map you can boop people off or force them to with an Ult usage. Maybe I do make a play, but my team doesn't capitalize on it. There's been plenty of times where I go in, get 2-3 kills, call it out, then turn to watch my team chase around a Tracer while the remaining 2 chase me off cap.
    supports are cool and they help you win and stuff, but tanks and dps players hold the most winshares. Mercy is a clutch playmaker by just rezzing people and not dying. Zenyatta does incredible damage and orb of discord is amazing. if you work on projectile aim, he's very good at defending himself from most heroes. He's basically a DPS with a heal orb and a heal ult.

Lucio players have also been known to outduel other heroes. And yes, boops are huge value, but you need good game sense to be a playmaker as a support - you can't blow your nut just because you heard an angry screaming japanese man.

The guy is a good player, and also talks about the issues with the SR. Some of his best points boil down to issues with the SR and how it promotes 1 tricking and personal playstyle over team play. After all, if I put all my eggs into Tracer, why should I play anything else when that swap means I get less per win and lose more per loss? Even if I'm completely ineffective against the enemy comp, why change when it means I am punished. I'm essentially throwing the game at this point simply because it's beneficial to not play as a team.
    Well if I want to keep slamming my face into my desk trying to figure out how to win attack as Tracer when no one will kill turrets and I can't kill the supports for a solid 2 minutes, that's kind of my problem isn't it? I have played at every color of the rank rainbow in low ELO and probably the only true blue one trick players I have ever seen that low are Junkrat and Defense Torb players. You could pistol whip these mother fuckers, punch them bloody in the face, gag them with their great great grandma's underwear and hold a gun to their head and they still would not switch.

But generally speaking, it's just.... not really a problem. You can get away with so much at low ELOs that you probably lose more games over guys having their masculinity threatened by the idea of playing the typical girl healer hero or someone playing Sombra that doesn't know how to play Sombra than an actual one trick player. How many one tricks do you actually see? If anything, people are only promoting this sort of behavior by talking about it and coming up with excuses for why they are not climbing instead of just focusing on winning games.

It's a dumb mentality, but stupidity is a double edged sword that swings both ways. I personally think in certain circumstances, losers should be punished more than others but besides that it's just fine. Go ahead and let the morons who can't figure out SR Won > SR Lost. If you want to win more than they do, you will eventually pass them by.

It's all just easy wins for me.

As for your next 3 paragraphs, how is that any different than a win/loss system? You want to climb, you still need to get better at the game. This means things like hearing footsteps, learning the maps, coordinating Ults, being communicative, etc. The difference being (as previously mentioned) it forces you to 1-2 trick your way up as a solo playstyle vs learning to be a team.
    You might like the idea of losing 30 SR when the statistics of a game show you are obviously carrying, but I don't. If you think the throwing problem is bad now, wait until everyone realizes they are getting fucked whenever someone leaves no matter how hard they try. You will almost never see another team even try to 5v6 and everyone will just leave when the game says they can.

the purpose is to win.
    Thought you'd say that, and while that's the goal it is meant to be done with equal numbers. The thing is that it wouldn't be fair to actually punish the leaver's team for them leaving with SR loss. Match cancellation makes it so nobody loses anything; its purpose is to avoid unfair punishment, not cause that. Losing SR would be a punishment, not getting more of it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    This is why I hate Blizzard communities. I was in a rated match where we had first objective with difference something like 99% and they had 35%. I am putting my best to protect the objective and then their reaper comes and uses ultimate at something like 90% and they got the round. Our team goes "GG reaper" and me being me, I realize we literally allow reaper to do everything he wants and I say that. My team goes on me "HAHA LOL SALTY XD" and I said "ok". I stopped bothering next round and acted like if I was really playing and we lost 100% : 0%. That's how my matches are going. Whoever doesn't use brain deserves the same fate.
    Eh, it's how it goes. I had a team yelling at me because I was flanking and not playing with the group. Kind of funny because I was playing Reaper and every time I flanked the enemy I'd take out their Zen or Mercy and make it back alive. We still lost the point though.
    Lot of games lately I'm noticing my teammates have pocket healers, which sucks for me because I have to run away so many times just to get health packs while I watch them spam healing into a tank or 76 that's full health and I'm standing right beside them. This has even happened while I've been the only tank in a match. Really sad to encounter that.

One of the those days. Entire team asks for a shield tank, 2 tanks we have pick Hog and Zarya, I offer to switch, they refuse. Team gets held off by a Torb turret. I swap to Widow, take out Torb and turret, can't get point. Swap to Reaper, take out Torb and turret repeatedly, can't get point. I get 3 picks on a 1v6 (bad positioning from a enemy Junk mine that knocked me into them), die after that with my team watching from the choke, they never push in.
    Fun times to be had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It's like large % of playerbase is looking for some cool move to make instead of focusing the team play.
    A great many 2 stacks are doing this, taking the Mercy slot too to boost them for it. And it's just guaranteed loss from it, I don't see why they bother. I've actually started trying to take the Mercy slot specifically to prevent this happening, of course it doesn't always make for a win, but it usually leads to a much better round 2 than round 1.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the those days. Entire team asks for a shield tank, 2 tanks we have pick Hog and Zarya, I offer to switch, they refuse. Team gets held off by a Torb turret. I swap to Widow, take out Torb and turret, can't get point. Swap to Reaper, take out Torb and turret repeatedly, can't get point. I get 3 picks on a 1v6 (bad positioning from a enemy Junk mine that knocked me into them), die after that with my team watching from the choke, they never push in.
    Fun times to be had.
    Typical day. Team doesn't push at all, gets wiped out by Pharah TWICE, in spite of my efforts to keep her grounded, but literally no one will help, don't even get heals when I'm stood on 20% health right in Mercy's face. Of course, then it's all my fault, because they won't push when I get a couple of picks, Mercy included.

Obviously not climbing because I can't win, because the moment someone picks Widow, whether me or someone else, you end up with 4-5 more DPS picks. Try to straighten things out to be more sensible, but everyone is already tilted and can't be bothered. Amazing how you can get a team, go Widow Hanzo, 4 other players throw it; other team does the same and work together and press through no problem.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-01-02 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    A great many 2 stacks are doing this, taking the Mercy slot too to boost them for it. And it's just guaranteed loss from it, I don't see why they bother. I've actually started trying to take the Mercy slot specifically to prevent this happening, of course it doesn't always make for a win, but it usually leads to a much better round 2 than round 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Typical day. Team doesn't push at all, gets wiped out by Pharah TWICE, in spite of my efforts to keep her grounded, but literally no one will help, don't even get heals when I'm stood on 20% health right in Mercy's face. Of course, then it's all my fault, because they won't push when I get a couple of picks, Mercy included.

Obviously not climbing because I can't win, because the moment someone picks Widow, whether me or someone else, you end up with 4-5 more DPS picks. Try to straighten things out to be more sensible, but everyone is already tilted and can't be bothered. Amazing how you can get a team, go Widow Hanzo, 4 other players throw it; other team does the same and work together and press through no problem.
    why the fuck are you complaining when u queue with randoms what do u expect?, get a team together and/or lots of friends to play with that's the only way to rank consistently in competitive. Do you think the top players in OW enter in with random teams for tournaments ?

the majority of people who solo queue dont give a shit about rank or they are too thick to realise they will not rank up doing it
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2018-01-03 at 12:01 AM.