1. #7721
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    She had a really high pick rate when she was actually shit tier, because she's accessible, fun with all that mobility, and as a character, just insanely popular; she also had basically no competition for the role of 'main healer' until Ana came along (and look at Ana's pick rates). Same reason D.Va had high pick rates in S1 and S2 when she was awful. Add some 'being good' onto an already popular hero, and you add a lot of players.
    Feel free to back that up with any information other then you saying it.

  2. #7722
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,318
    pretty sure i'm going to beat a junkrat player's face in with a rock if i get solo ulted one more time when mercy is one hit

    I'll just accept that as you can't actually debate this then.
    i'm just going to accept that you're bronze

  3. #7723
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    No,

    and

    Yes, she can out heal Mercy. Too bad she can't Res huh?

    Glad you turned the corner.
    What about those who have ults that can negate an ult with theirs?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #7724
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    What about those who have ults that can negate an ult with theirs?
    Yea Mercy has that too, you negate the ult by ressing the people. You can also be active in a fight elsewhere before you negate the ult!

    Good point.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2018-01-07 at 12:16 AM.

  5. #7725
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    pretty sure i'm going to beat a junkrat player's face in with a rock if i get solo ulted one more time when mercy is one hit



    i'm just going to accept that you're bronze
    Not at all, and you can easily go check that up yourself, I don't bother to hide, I've said before that I'm plat, with the only season I bothered past placements being diamond. But hey, I'm sure that proves something right, all the overwatch devs are grandmaster because you need to have a high ranking to know the game right?

    You're the one comparing Bastions dps to Mercy's hps and thinking that proves something though. You're just digging yourself a hole.

    I disagree with Ravex, but at least he knows what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-01-07 at 12:48 AM.

  6. #7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not at all, and you can easily go check that up yourself, I don't bother to hide, I've said before that I'm plat, with the only season I bothered past placements being diamond. But hey, I'm sure that proves something right, all the overwatch devs are grandmaster because you need to have a high ranking to know the game right?

    You're the one comparing Bastions dps to Mercy's hps and thinking that proves something though. You're just digging yourself a hole.

    I disagree with Ravex, but at least he knows what he's talking about.
    The higher rated you are the better you know the game, the better you are at the game.

    This is why I, a masters player, join 1v1s with top 500 and GM players, because they are better than me, know the game better than me and trying to 1v1 them and ask them what I can do better is a great way to grow.

    I don't know if it is all your egos preventing you from seeing something that so axiomatic.

  7. #7727
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Feel free to back that up with any information other then you saying it.
    Very well.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

    Mercy (by a HUGE long shot)
    D.Va
    Lucio
    Genji
    Soldier: 76
    Winston
    Ana
    Zarya
    Reinhardt
    McCree
    Zenyatta
    Reaper
    Doomfist
    Pharah
    Tracer
    Hanzo
    Junkrat
    Mei
    Symmetra
    Widowmaker
    Torbjorn
    Roadhog
    Orisa
    Bastion
    Sombra
    Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=5#post-89

    From August. Her rework went live in September.

  8. #7728
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The higher rated you are the better you know the game, the better you are at the game.

    This is why I, a masters player, join 1v1s with top 500 and GM players, because they are better than me, know the game better than me and trying to 1v1 them and ask them what I can do better is a great way to grow.

    I don't know if it is all your egos preventing you from seeing something that so axiomatic.
    Knowledge skill =/= Mechanical skill.

    I can know where to stand, what to do, and how to play every hero in the game.

    That doesn't matter if I can't aim, or turn fast, etc.
    Also hilarious you'd say that when one of the creators of the game is Platinum, but hey, "egos" eh?
    http://mashable.com/2017/03/14/overw.../#Nu_f3UR5UkqZ

  9. #7729
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Knowledge skill =/= Mechanical skill.

    I can know where to stand, what to do, and how to play every hero in the game.

    That doesn't matter if I can't aim, or turn fast, etc.
    Also hilarious you'd say that when one of the creators of the game is Platinum, but hey, "egos" eh?
    http://mashable.com/2017/03/14/overw.../#Nu_f3UR5UkqZ
    Is him being in platinum supposed to contradict what I said?

    There is more nuance to climbing than just mechanical skill.

  10. #7730
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Is him being in platinum supposed to contradict what I said?

    There is more nuance to climbing than just mechanical skill.
    Your original claim was the higher the more you know.

    That's not inherently true. I could be bronze and still know as much about the game as a Grandmaster if I just couldn't execute it any of the knowledge.

    Hence why trying to judge someone's argument on their ranking is just ridiculous, and if someone feels the need to actually stoop low enough to try to use the rank as a copout, it just goes to show they really don't know what they're talking about.

    Also, yes, I would imagine one of the creators of the game would know a bit more than most players do, regardless of their ranking.

  11. #7731
    This is like seeing some casual YMCA pool user saying they know as much about swimming as Micheal Phelps.

    It is just ridiculous, sorry.

  12. #7732
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Yea Mercy has that too, you negate the ult by ressing the people. You can also be active in a fight elsewhere before you negate the ult!

    Good point.
    So then in your opinion Lucio and Zen are OP because they can negate ults.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  13. #7733
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is like seeing some casual YMCA pool user saying they know as much about swimming as Micheal Phelps.

    It is just ridiculous, sorry.
    What is it with you all and your horrible comparisons. Are you seriously comparing a video game to an athletic event? And are you seriously doing it that horribly?

    Or are you going to try to claim every single announcer for any Overwatch event ever is a Grandmaster player, I mean, they must be since they know so much about the game right?

  14. #7734
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What is it with you all and your horrible comparisons. Are you seriously comparing a video game to an athletic event? And are you seriously doing it that horribly?

    Or are you going to try to claim every single announcer for any Overwatch event ever is a Grandmaster player, I mean, they must be since they know so much about the game right?


    Rule #1 with the Overwatch community, when you have no facts to back up your BS use even worse BS to back up your original BS.

    If that doesn't work get the person making you look like an ass banned.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  15. #7735
    It is funny how salty you two are.

    Especially you seefer, when you should be grateful that I took the time to look at your footage and tell you where you could improve.

  16. #7736
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    It is funny how salty you two are.

    Especially you seefer, when you should be grateful that I took the time to look at your footage and tell you where you could improve.
    ...Yeah...and we're the ones with the ego and salt.

    You made a claim, I proved it wrong, and now you're calling us salty.
    Ranking means little to nothing when it comes to game knowledge, since ranking is a combination of execution and knowledge.

    One can have tons of knowledge, and not be able to execute it.
    One can be able to execute everything, but no knowledge of how anything works.

    So calling someone out on their rank means literally nothing except "Alas, I've run out of facts!". No salt here though, if that's what you want, sorry to disappoint.

  17. #7737
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

    Try again.
    Set it to Grandmaster, and last month.

    Or whatever the hell you want actually, no matter what Roadhog has a decent pick rate and positive win rate.
    That doesn't mean he's actually in a good position at the moment. He remains a free killable walking ult charge to anyone who can aim for his head decently and manage to not position themselves so they get a retard hook on them. He can't kill anyone reliably on his own after the nerf to his damage. That's what made him dangerous in the past, his damage. Now? He's not even certain to get a kill on someone he hooks. I've been hooked on reaper due to shit positioning only to maul roadhog down the instant hook is released, a hook in the past meant death.

  18. #7738
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    That doesn't mean he's actually in a good position at the moment. He remains a free killable walking ult charge to anyone who can aim for his head decently and manage to not position themselves so they get a retard hook on them. He can't kill anyone reliably on his own after the nerf to his damage. That's what made him dangerous in the past, his damage. Now? He's not even certain to get a kill on someone he hooks. I've been hooked on reaper due to shit positioning only to maul roadhog down the instant hook is released, a hook in the past meant death.
    That assumes the Roadhog is stupid enough to stay right out in the open.

    He should be using cover to hook someone in, not allowing himself to be a free charge. Also ignores the rest of the team that can support him, like an Orisa barrier, or a Zarya bubble, and his heal causes him to take 50% less damage giving you 50% less ult charge from him. He can still get the pick off though with his hook, especially if someone helps him, or quickly melee and then shoot them.

  19. #7739
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That assumes the Roadhog is stupid enough to stay right out in the open.

    He should be using cover to hook someone in, not allowing himself to be a free charge. Also ignores the rest of the team that can support him, like an Orisa barrier, or a Zarya bubble, and his heal causes him to take 50% less damage giving you 50% less ult charge from him. He can still get the pick off though with his hook, especially if someone helps him, or quickly melee and then shoot them.
    If he hooks someone it's because they're positioning badly. A soldier shouldn't be running in front of a rein shield as an example yet I see plenty of soldiers get hooked and killed that way. That's bad positioning, they should stay behind the rein shield.

  20. #7740
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    If he hooks someone it's because they're positioning badly. A soldier shouldn't be running in front of a rein shield as an example yet I see plenty of soldiers get hooked and killed that way. That's bad positioning, they should stay behind the rein shield.
    Reinhardt is among one of the least picked tanks right now as the ranking goes up though.

    And as his pick rate goes down, Roadhog's goes up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •