1. #7741
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    If you out heal her with lucio you are playing lucio wrong. And Moira is Moira. So there is no point to be made there.
    Actually it is all about timing on when to do things, and if it is "Moira is Moira" wouldn't that mean Moira is more powerful than Mercy? Hmmmm
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #7742
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,318
    played this game since launch but didn't realize until 40 minutes ago that i could see the animation of skillshatter finish, dash into it, and then be stunned

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Bastion isn't a damage hero. He's a defense hero.
    k

    have fun arguing semantics with yourself

    if it is "Moira is Moira" wouldn't that mean Moira is more powerful than Mercy? Hmmmm
    Moira doesn't have valkyrie

    so no

  3. #7743
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I know you weren't responding to me, and I don't agree with the other poster saying he is shit tier. But that link REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts everyone of the positive arguments about mercy here.

    Like how are you going to argue with a hero that pretty much has double the pick rate of anything else across the board?
    She had a really high pick rate when she was actually shit tier, because she's accessible, fun with all that mobility, and as a character, just insanely popular; she also had basically no competition for the role of 'main healer' until Ana came along (and look at Ana's pick rates). Same reason D.Va had high pick rates in S1 and S2 when she was awful. Add some 'being good' onto an already popular hero, and you add a lot of players.

  4. #7744
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Actually it is all about timing on when to do things, and if it is "Moira is Moira" wouldn't that mean Moira is more powerful than Mercy? Hmmmm
    No,

    and

    Yes, she can out heal Mercy. Too bad she can't Res huh?

    Glad you turned the corner.

  5. #7745
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    played this game since launch but didn't realize until 40 minutes ago that i could see the animation of skillshatter finish, dash into it, and then be stunned



    k

    have fun arguing semantics with yourself



    Moira doesn't have valkyrie

    so no
    I also find ignoring 95% of a post to nitpick one line an acceptable way of trying to prove a point.

    I'll just accept that as you can't actually debate this then.

  6. #7746
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    She had a really high pick rate when she was actually shit tier, because she's accessible, fun with all that mobility, and as a character, just insanely popular; she also had basically no competition for the role of 'main healer' until Ana came along (and look at Ana's pick rates). Same reason D.Va had high pick rates in S1 and S2 when she was awful. Add some 'being good' onto an already popular hero, and you add a lot of players.
    Feel free to back that up with any information other then you saying it.

  7. #7747
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,318
    pretty sure i'm going to beat a junkrat player's face in with a rock if i get solo ulted one more time when mercy is one hit

    I'll just accept that as you can't actually debate this then.
    i'm just going to accept that you're bronze

  8. #7748
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    No,

    and

    Yes, she can out heal Mercy. Too bad she can't Res huh?

    Glad you turned the corner.
    What about those who have ults that can negate an ult with theirs?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #7749
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    What about those who have ults that can negate an ult with theirs?
    Yea Mercy has that too, you negate the ult by ressing the people. You can also be active in a fight elsewhere before you negate the ult!

    Good point.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2018-01-07 at 12:16 AM.

  10. #7750
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    pretty sure i'm going to beat a junkrat player's face in with a rock if i get solo ulted one more time when mercy is one hit



    i'm just going to accept that you're bronze
    Not at all, and you can easily go check that up yourself, I don't bother to hide, I've said before that I'm plat, with the only season I bothered past placements being diamond. But hey, I'm sure that proves something right, all the overwatch devs are grandmaster because you need to have a high ranking to know the game right?

    You're the one comparing Bastions dps to Mercy's hps and thinking that proves something though. You're just digging yourself a hole.

    I disagree with Ravex, but at least he knows what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-01-07 at 12:48 AM.

  11. #7751
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not at all, and you can easily go check that up yourself, I don't bother to hide, I've said before that I'm plat, with the only season I bothered past placements being diamond. But hey, I'm sure that proves something right, all the overwatch devs are grandmaster because you need to have a high ranking to know the game right?

    You're the one comparing Bastions dps to Mercy's hps and thinking that proves something though. You're just digging yourself a hole.

    I disagree with Ravex, but at least he knows what he's talking about.
    The higher rated you are the better you know the game, the better you are at the game.

    This is why I, a masters player, join 1v1s with top 500 and GM players, because they are better than me, know the game better than me and trying to 1v1 them and ask them what I can do better is a great way to grow.

    I don't know if it is all your egos preventing you from seeing something that so axiomatic.

  12. #7752
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Feel free to back that up with any information other then you saying it.
    Very well.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

    Mercy (by a HUGE long shot)
    D.Va
    Lucio
    Genji
    Soldier: 76
    Winston
    Ana
    Zarya
    Reinhardt
    McCree
    Zenyatta
    Reaper
    Doomfist
    Pharah
    Tracer
    Hanzo
    Junkrat
    Mei
    Symmetra
    Widowmaker
    Torbjorn
    Roadhog
    Orisa
    Bastion
    Sombra
    Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=5#post-89

    From August. Her rework went live in September.

  13. #7753
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The higher rated you are the better you know the game, the better you are at the game.

    This is why I, a masters player, join 1v1s with top 500 and GM players, because they are better than me, know the game better than me and trying to 1v1 them and ask them what I can do better is a great way to grow.

    I don't know if it is all your egos preventing you from seeing something that so axiomatic.
    Knowledge skill =/= Mechanical skill.

    I can know where to stand, what to do, and how to play every hero in the game.

    That doesn't matter if I can't aim, or turn fast, etc.
    Also hilarious you'd say that when one of the creators of the game is Platinum, but hey, "egos" eh?
    http://mashable.com/2017/03/14/overw.../#Nu_f3UR5UkqZ

  14. #7754
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Knowledge skill =/= Mechanical skill.

    I can know where to stand, what to do, and how to play every hero in the game.

    That doesn't matter if I can't aim, or turn fast, etc.
    Also hilarious you'd say that when one of the creators of the game is Platinum, but hey, "egos" eh?
    http://mashable.com/2017/03/14/overw.../#Nu_f3UR5UkqZ
    Is him being in platinum supposed to contradict what I said?

    There is more nuance to climbing than just mechanical skill.

  15. #7755
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Is him being in platinum supposed to contradict what I said?

    There is more nuance to climbing than just mechanical skill.
    Your original claim was the higher the more you know.

    That's not inherently true. I could be bronze and still know as much about the game as a Grandmaster if I just couldn't execute it any of the knowledge.

    Hence why trying to judge someone's argument on their ranking is just ridiculous, and if someone feels the need to actually stoop low enough to try to use the rank as a copout, it just goes to show they really don't know what they're talking about.

    Also, yes, I would imagine one of the creators of the game would know a bit more than most players do, regardless of their ranking.

  16. #7756
    This is like seeing some casual YMCA pool user saying they know as much about swimming as Micheal Phelps.

    It is just ridiculous, sorry.

  17. #7757
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Yea Mercy has that too, you negate the ult by ressing the people. You can also be active in a fight elsewhere before you negate the ult!

    Good point.
    So then in your opinion Lucio and Zen are OP because they can negate ults.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  18. #7758
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is like seeing some casual YMCA pool user saying they know as much about swimming as Micheal Phelps.

    It is just ridiculous, sorry.
    What is it with you all and your horrible comparisons. Are you seriously comparing a video game to an athletic event? And are you seriously doing it that horribly?

    Or are you going to try to claim every single announcer for any Overwatch event ever is a Grandmaster player, I mean, they must be since they know so much about the game right?

  19. #7759
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What is it with you all and your horrible comparisons. Are you seriously comparing a video game to an athletic event? And are you seriously doing it that horribly?

    Or are you going to try to claim every single announcer for any Overwatch event ever is a Grandmaster player, I mean, they must be since they know so much about the game right?


    Rule #1 with the Overwatch community, when you have no facts to back up your BS use even worse BS to back up your original BS.

    If that doesn't work get the person making you look like an ass banned.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  20. #7760
    It is funny how salty you two are.

    Especially you seefer, when you should be grateful that I took the time to look at your footage and tell you where you could improve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •