1. #7921
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It isn't the game, it is the gamer culture that is to blame. This game doesn't cause any of that. You will find that no matter what game you are playing because the internet is anonymous. The game doesn't promote a rape culture and blaming the game rather than the players is part of what the problem is.

    Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen.
    There's a lot of misogyny in OW and Blizzard aren't doing anything to combat it. Yeah, you'll tell me to report but they don't look at any reports, you need enough people to have reported them in a specific time frame to trigger the automatic silence system for them to even be muted, which is a fucking joke because they should be banned from the game instead of being allowed to continue playing while muted.

    I've never encountered anything on this scale in WoW or any other MMO I've played, not in CS:GO either. I refuse to get on the team voice chat because of it, if you play 10 games, you're guaranteed to have encountered at least one such person, if not more.

  2. #7922
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's fucking disgusting. That's just one of many good reasons not to use VC as well. Now, I have had quite a few 'action has been taken' messages when I've reported which is vaguely reassuring, but I can't believe every game is like this, because I actually know for a fact that they aren't.
    I just say mada mada or something when people get like this.

  3. #7923
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's fucking disgusting. That's just one of many good reasons not to use VC as well. Now, I have had quite a few 'action has been taken' messages when I've reported which is vaguely reassuring, but I can't believe every game is like this, because I actually know for a fact that they aren't.
    Speech is silver, silence is golden. I swallow my temptation to answer, mute as soon as they start throwing the salt and move on (report if necessary). Trolls must never be fed and the sooner you take action, the better is your sanity.

    Good thing that not everyone is like these scums.

    Any good play lately ? Been a while since your last links. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  4. #7924
    Playing with my gold friend on an alt and these idiots are whining about my hanzo pick before the game starts, nothing makes me want to throw more than this.

    Not really inspiring me to carry you shitters.

  5. #7925
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lol what does he play
    Widowmaker.

    His accuracy is incredible, not high enough that he's using an aiming hack, but he's definitely significantly
    above the snipers I've fought or been paired with, each with varying degrees of skill.

    I can only hope for his ban, the damn cheater.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No. I have about 110 people on my block list.
    Wait how do you even see this block list?

    Either way, that's some toxic levels of depravity you're experiencing there, of which you have my sympathies.

  6. #7926
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Speech is silver, silence is golden.
    then roasting them so bad they shut the fuck up by asking them when they are going to move out of their moms house and get a job must be diamonds

  7. #7927
    any tips how one can improve? (I mean except "get gud with aim", I know this where I can/should improve)
    awerness is a lot better than a year ago but it doesn't help much if your team doesn't have it and/or atleast one of your enemies also has it and counters you

    want to get out of high silver/low gold but atm it seems impossible T_T

  8. #7928
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,947
    Tried to give it another go, what happens? Overtime, on point with our moira, I'm at 15 hp on McCree and Moira is at like 20. She's not healing me for some reason, she throws the damage orb at their entrance instead of using a healing orb to heal us both. Genji comes out and gets some damage from the orb, dashes us and we both die. -14 points because she didn't heal me nor use the healing orb when we were just standing there on the point uncontested prior to genji dashing us. Why does Moira attract so many stupid people?

  9. #7929
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    There's a lot of misogyny in OW and Blizzard aren't doing anything to combat it. Yeah, you'll tell me to report but they don't look at any reports, you need enough people to have reported them in a specific time frame to trigger the automatic silence system for them to even be muted, which is a fucking joke because they should be banned from the game instead of being allowed to continue playing while muted.

    I've never encountered anything on this scale in WoW or any other MMO I've played, not in CS:GO either. I refuse to get on the team voice chat because of it, if you play 10 games, you're guaranteed to have encountered at least one such person, if not more.
    Don’t tell me they are not doing anything, that would be patently false bullshit made up in your imagination because you have no clue what they are doing. Someone told my 14 year old daughter that if they had tits they could be diamond too. She reported them and the next day she got an email saying the player received a ban. So obviously they are doing something. They can’t actively monitor even a fraction of the 30+ million players they have across the globe, the problem is the culture of the gamers. Solve that problem and everything would be great. Blaming the game just reinforces that the people doing this never have to change their behavior. People steal cars, is that the fault of ford and Chevy for making cars? By shifting the blame off from people who actually behave badly we only ensure that these kinds of people never change their behavior.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-18 at 01:00 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  10. #7930
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,290
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Wait how do you even see this block list?
    Options or settings somewhere in the b.net app.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Don’t tell me they are not doing anything, that would be patently false bullshit made up in your imagination because you have no clue what they are doing. Someone told my 14 year old daughter that if they had tits they could be diamond too. She reported them and the next day she got an email saying the player received a ban. So obviously they are doing something. They can’t actively monitor even a fraction of the 30+ million players they have across the globe, the problem is the culture of the gamers. Solve that problem and everything would be great. Blaming the game just reinforces that the people doing this never have to change their behavior. People steal cars, is that the fault of ford and Chevy for making cars? By shifting the blame off from people who actually behave badly we only ensure that these kinds of people never change their behavior.
    Equally, throwing your arms up and saying "Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen." and therefore doing nothing, and not expecting to see some kind of enforcement from the company isn't exactly going to achieve much either.

  11. #7931
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Don’t tell me they are not doing anything, that would be patently false bullshit made up in your imagination because you have no clue what they are doing. Someone told my 14 year old daughter that if they had tits they could be diamond too. She reported them and the next day she got an email saying the player received a ban. So obviously they are doing something. They can’t actively monitor even a fraction of the 30+ million players they have across the globe, the problem is the culture of the gamers. Solve that problem and everything would be great. Blaming the game just reinforces that the people doing this never have to change their behavior. People steal cars, is that the fault of ford and Chevy for making cars? By shifting the blame off from people who actually behave badly we only ensure that these kinds of people never change their behavior.
    You can't really fault people for thinking they're doing nothing when it rarely ever results in any action taken against the offenders. My report count for abusive chat is well beyond 100 and I've received no confirmation. Most of it is just normal flaming, some of it is people saying they are hoping I get raped or saying what kind of things they want to do to me, some is related to me having a battletag in korean and people being racist, so I'm an easy target when I for some reason have been placed on american servers instead of singaporean servers. No confirmation from any of the reports.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-01-18 at 01:37 PM.

  12. #7932
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,290
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Any good play lately ? Been a while since your last links. :P
    Not much play good or bad, spent Christmas in Barbados (silly ex pat relatives) and came back to seeing real life people for table top RP, birthdays, axe throwing etc. It’s exhausting, I just want to spend this weekend in my pyjamas playing video games.

  13. #7933
    Omg those new skins. I might have to start working on my Roadhog and Widow to start using them.
    If you haven't seen them, it's accessible from the launch window.
    Roadhog=The Butcher from D3.
    Zarya=D3 Barbarian.
    Widow=SC Nova skin.
    Rein=younger cinematic skin.
    Doomfist=Doomhammer skin.
    Torbjorn=Magni Bronzebeard.
    Orissa=Egyptian styled skin.
    Mei=not sure. Just looks like a winter style getup.
    All are pretty awesome.
    The sprays are pretty cute, as well as the new icons.
    Available Jan 23rd

  14. #7934
    These are all great additions, along with the new map which is what I'm really excited for
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

  15. #7935
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,290
    Asp Pharah skin. Have you seen it? LOOK AT IT.

    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...71420522307584

    It's beautiful!

  16. #7936
    Buff Pharah so I can use that skin.

  17. #7937
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Equally, throwing your arms up and saying "Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen." and therefore doing nothing, and not expecting to see some kind of enforcement from the company isn't exactly going to achieve much either.
    It's apparently not "gamer culture" if you barely have any people on your block list from WoW. I think the toxicity is from the shooter/MOBA crowd more than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

  18. #7938
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You can't really fault people for thinking they're doing nothing when it rarely ever results in any action taken against the offenders. My report count for abusive chat is well beyond 100 and I've received no confirmation. Most of it is just normal flaming, some of it is people saying they are hoping I get raped or saying what kind of things they want to do to me, some is related to me having a battletag in korean and people being racist, so I'm an easy target when I for some reason have been placed on american servers instead of singaporean servers. No confirmation from any of the reports.
    I can fault people for thinking they have done nothing, they are shitty people and shitty people should not get a pass just because they haven't been punished for being a shitty person. Someone steals your car, they don't get caught, so it isn't their fault for being a shitty person? Whose fault is it? The car makers?

    You want to bitch and complain that someone was shitty to you and then you want to give them an excuse why it isn't their fault? That makes no sense what so ever.

    Your report count may be high but that doesn't mean the reported persons count is high which is exactly the count that results in banning. When someone reaches a number of reports that Blizzard determined to be actionable they get autobanned, then they can either accept the ban or contest it at which point it becomes Blizzards duty to remove that booty. For all you know that person went off once on you and never went off on anyone else before or after. More than likely they have many reports against them, but they obviously havent reached the threshold yet. Blizzard can't police everyone, it's physically impossible.

    This isn't something that just popped up because of Overwatch, it has always been there for quite a while. The last time I saw a community behave itself in general was when FFXI came out, when you could ask a question in public chat and get told an answer instead of being told how much special sauce your mother got last night.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-19 at 04:49 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  19. #7939
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It's apparently not "gamer culture" if you barely have any people on your block list from WoW. I think the toxicity is from the shooter/MOBA crowd more than anything else.
    Dude it is gamer culture. The second they hear your voice they tell you to switch to healer with a string of obscenities even if you are a dps main in high elos.

    If the game goes badly they will blame you even if you are on fire most of the game.

    If you stand up for yourself you are offered more threats, obscenities and ill wishes.

    In the last 48 hours I have played about 10 games and won 8 and in that time the words directed at me include but are not limited to: Bitch, cunt, dyke, tranny(I was doing really well and they couldn't reconcile a girl having aim) feminazi(for standing up for myself.)

    This is not limited to Overwatch.

  20. #7940
    Nothing spoils a victory more than a teammate spouting a racist line.

    Game : "Victory!"
    Me : "We did it, woo!"
    Some dude named XXXX : "Junkrat identifies himself as a ni**er

    Fucking really?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •