Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    If they took away her DPS ball it would be less of a problem.

Even in masters you see Moiras screeching because they manage to tag every kill and think they are outperforming DPS. They don't get picked as much though, thank god.
    i sure as hell wouldn't miss it but that would be expecting too much from blizzard

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    If they took away her DPS ball it would be less of a problem.

Even in masters you see Moiras screeching because they manage to tag every kill and think they are outperforming DPS. They don't get picked as much though, thank god.
    It's not because of their gold kills, it's because they are gold in damage and healing while having a Mercy and real dps on the team. Getting a bit tired with people trying to discount Moiras who are carrying everyone but one tank who is protecting everyone. A good Moira will have both stats(including healing). A bad Moira will just have kills. And if they are just getting kill credit and not killing blows, they aren't doing anything.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's not because of their gold kills, it's because they are gold in damage and healing while having a Mercy and real dps on the team. Getting a bit tired with people trying to discount Moiras who are carrying everyone but one tank who is protecting everyone. A good Moira will have both stats(including healing). A bad Moira will just have kills. And if they are just getting kill credit and not killing blows, they aren't doing anything.
    You are a plat Moira who is probably doing exactly what I described. Heal your team. Use gold orb. Those losses you are screeching about will turn into wins.

The medal system needs to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Exactly. I frequently have 4 gold medals with Moira, which means that either our main healer or the dps (or both) are not doing their jobs...

You are a plat Moira who is probably doing exactly what I described. Heal your team. Use gold orb. Those losses you are screeching about will turn into wins.

The medal system needs to go away.
    You clearly didn't read my post at all. But umm...ok. No. You use a mixture of orb depending on situation. Your team is positioned comfortably and you have a high bar of heals? Use dmg orb. You are low on heal energy or need to move away from your team to heal someone else? You use heal orb. You feel an ult push coming? You use heal orb and try to fill your heal bar by backlining their healers.

I mean, since you clearly are profile creeping to suggest I'm plat...surely you would see I'm in the top 13% of all Moiras and that my healing is far higher in comparison to my dmg in relation to other Moiras. Or did you just stop at plat and think ad hominem would carry you the rest of the way? Just curious. Maybe you'll move the goalposts to you were 'just guessing'. I also have a 64% winrate with her which isn't shabby considering how many times I have to carry the whole match. It's so bad I actually stopped playing her b/c it is boring.

You give yourself away when you feel the need to attack someone when your weak position is challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    Exactly. I frequently have 4 gold medals with Moira, which means that either our main healer or the dps (or both) are not doing their jobs...
    Pretty much. Feels bad to lose those games too. Pretty triggering tbh.
    BAD WOLF

Your anecdotes about your performance are not relevant to a discussion about healers not healing. Especially not relevant when you use the medal system to defend poor play, which is 100% certain you are guilty of because you are in platinum.

By all means continue your extremely cringeworthy arm flailing though.

----- @Gandrake
    Yeah, that was a perfect example.

Moira runs around shooting purple ball into groups of enemies, not healing, is able to shift away.

Meanwhile the enemy healers are healing their team, even if your DPS do 2000 damage, and the enemy DPS do 1000. Their damage has value because you were too busy mouthbreathing and screeching about how you are managing to get more damage out with your orb.

I have never been outdamaged by a Moira by the way, but it is definitely inside the scope of possibility that your DPS aren't doing anything wrong and you are managing to take gold damage by neglecting your role and abusing the orb mechanics.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-12 at 11:52 PM.

*snips*
    Ad hominem -> Fails to intellectually respond to argument of having gold heals and damage in favor of repeating the incorrect 'neglecting role' and 'abusing' intended mechanics.

It's quite hilarious to see you have the ignorance to write: talking about performance on a healer, w/r/t healing, is not relevant.

But hey, let's ad hom the night away. What do you have for us next?
    BAD WOLF

Damn. Dallas looks so bad =/ C9ing it up lmao

expected them to be pretty good but just been an embarrassing start for them

I agree that medals need to go away and people need to start looking at figures and averages.

For example; when I am upset about damage, I usually complain that I had to play very dangerously and have ended a match with around 14000 damage but only have 30ish-maybe 40 eliminations. that is an incredibly inefficient DD/E ratio. My mood tends to sour even more if I do not think that my E/D ratio is very efficient either despite having a favorable set of circumstances that should have yielded a greater rate of efficiency.

A lot players don't realize it, but this is why they get upset when they have to deal with a Sombra or a bad Widowmaker - they are both very inefficient heroes when not played to their strengths. If you have a 2-2-2 comp, your consistent sources of damage have to be very sturdy and self sufficient because playing Sombra just leaves your team undermanned.

Like... to play Soldier w/ only a Sombra as your only other source of dedicated damage, your long & mid range game needs to be on point and your positioning has to be really good because your team is just going to get run over if you aren't better than the ELO you play at.

Ugh, I just outhealed a Mercy as Zen. Great 1st game of the night. Sarcasm aside, not a bad match, just odd that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Ugh, I just outhealed a Mercy as Zen. Great 1st game of the night. Sarcasm aside, not a bad match, just odd that it happened.
    Your team winning aka not taking too much dmg + you using zen ult to counter their ults = zen outheal mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

That was a short few days back to the game, I remember why I quit, games today consisted of...

First game: A normal game
    Second: Game where we have a genji jumping around spamming hello, not attacking the enemy
    Third: Symmetra placing teleporter right outside the spawn on def
    Fourth: Normal game
    Fifth: "Battle mercy" just running straight into the enemy shooting
    Sixth: Normal game
    Seventh: Torb placing the turret outside the enemy spawn and even runs back to their first spawn when they've pushed the payload to other checkpoints
    Eight: Symmetra on attack running to the enemy spawn and places the teleporter there
    Ninth: Reinhardt continuously charging in and screaming for heals when he dies
    Tenth: Normal game
    Eleventh: Normal game
    Twelfth: Guy just jumping down in the water right outside spawn because someone picked genji and wouldn't give genji to him
    Thirteenth: Normal game
    Fourteenth: Normal game
    Fifteenth: Get the genji jumping around spamming hello again(Seriously? Why can I end up with him again when I reported him?)
    Wait 30 minutes to sign
    Sixteenth game: Get the FUCKING GENJI AGAIN
    Seventeenth game: Normal game
    Eighteent game: The genji spamming hello, AGAIN
    Exit game.

This is just not worth playing.

You understand that they’re not getting the medals because they’re dying, the tanks are dying, because the only person you’re focused on healing is you? They’re not getting the opportunity or support to do their job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I play both, seen both sides it can happen pretty easily, just takes a couple of good Tranqs. You can’t fault Mercy for that, you just saved her a couple of resses and let her focus on just boosting through Valk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Damn. Dallas looks so bad =/ C9ing it up lmao

expected them to be pretty good but just been an embarrassing start for them
    We've had C9s in pretty much every game so far, not just Fuel, but yeah, it's been sligthly embarassing

Just had a game where we had a Pharah who complained they weren't getting healed. The 2 healers were Moira and Lucio. Just what? Of course you're not going to get healed when you hang out in the air over the enemy team and they have 76 and Moira to burn you down. Pharah never came back to the team once, just kept shifting above the enemy and complain.
    Next game I'm playing Reaper and flanking the enemy. My team keeps following me around and giving my placement away. Ask them to quit doing it. We lose a point and respawn, they start going mid and I'm going left, a teammate immediately says let's all go left, follow the Reaper, to which everyone does. /sigh
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-13 at 05:33 PM.

My games:

Battle Mercy running into melee range of enemies, she was super salty for not being allowed to throw W
    Attack Sym L
    Attack Torb L
    Throwing Mei L
    No healers and three Mercy mains L
    Normal game W
    Normal game L
    Normal game W
    Normal game W

Right back where I started because so many people want to lose.

Yeah, looks like my last couple of days. What I understand least is when people decide round 3 or 4 are the time to throw, like it's a totally normal game until that point. Kind of stalled on SR as well now, think my hidden MMR needs some building up again after getting trashed so hard; either that or they've secretly recalibrated the system again. Pretty sure this has happened before though when I've had a fast climb, a bit of a stall then it rights itself and can climb more easily again.

Actually had a really good game with a 5 stack too, for a change, usually they're a nightmare and it wasn't looking good when one of them took until 15s to doors open to pick; I'd already picked Widow, but had only 1 support so I got myself killed and went Zen and while defence was pretty hard we pretty much walked Attack because they were following my Discords perfectly, at the end the were really complementary too so that was cool.

This for a clutch saving a match for a Draw as well, felt good. https://plays.tv/video/5a5a91ecb2889...atch-save-dva-

Just had an amazing match on my Hanzo only account.

PotG was 5 kills without ult, I saved it if I ever get around to doing the gif thing jessica does it might be the only one I post on here.

After the match ended I told them I was the biggest dragon in the room and the next response was, "I fucking hate Hanzo players." Feels good. I reported them for being abusive. Ecks dee.

I got the 71% kill participation card.

Play it anyway.

They say "Switch or I'm throwing." I say, "The banana unfolded to a magnificent sunset on the eve of your malcontent." "I hate furries." "I bet you are a furry." "You sound fatter than Roadhog."

You know.
    I hate people who insta-lock widow, but throwing a game because they won't switch is about 1000 times more toxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Supreme Leader Xi is showing us how communism doesn't in fact kill but outcompetes our shoddy and fractured version of capitalism.

ive always maintained a game shouldn't start if a group can't agree on a comp. people always say "games would never start then" but do people who can't work with others to make a reasonable comp and players who have the experience that they do at their ELO to predict the kind of comps the enemy team will run, do they really even deserve to play competitive in the first place?

I've noticed a propensity in quick play for the instalock hanzos and widows, lately.

That's when I know it's going to be a bad game.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.