The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    There has to be something.
    Oh it's real. Most people here will poo-poo it as conspiracy theory, but it's all over reddit. It even groups trouble makers together so they can be in hell together. It makes no sense, b/c it drives it's own toxicity...but yeah. Intentionally was like, model overwatch citizen on my smurf account and even though it did recognize I was a smurf after like...2 games and start putting me with fraking GM smurfs, overall my account staying in good standing has made me have much smoother games.

I've had less leavers and throwers and finally broke my plat curse to reach Diamond. And statistically looking at my play on two different accounts with the same characters, my statistics are very close but my rank is not. Just finished up like a 10 game losing streak on my main (*toxic) getting curbstomped whereas I play my clean, smurf account and shit on everyone with widow and mcree. It's definitely a rigged system to try and get skilled, less toxic people to the top out of the 'scum' so to speak.

Sure, just one anecdotal case...but I've played over 200 games on each account this season. I don't suddenly play different on one account and I play the same heroes on the same maps every time. The rank difference between my accounts are 2546 (main) 3009 (smurf) with my season high being like 3159. That's a 600 SR difference for playing the exact same, so the only variable is Blizzard's matchmaking.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    well i hate to throw a wrench in your theory but a lot of people are just stupid

it's also easier to do better on a smurf because old accounts are made to carry new accounts. so new account = greater chance of being grouped with experienced players. old account = greater chance of being grouped with clueless players.

unfortunately, i think its just that simple. stupidity is a pretty powerful thing, you can't underestimate it. i mean, it's stupid to to try to walk down an icy driveway but it's also stupid to total your car reaching for gummi worms and trying to change the radio station. it's also stupid to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, assuming the safety is on and then complain it wasn't supposed to happen later.

its like... stupid is stupid, you never know what you're going to get.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-02-23 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Honestly, there must be some kind of thing set in. Because I have had very very few long winning streaks
    (maybe 5?) out of every season thus far, but man, the long (like 5+ losing streaks) in a row?

At least several dozen, possibly in the 20's. I should not have THAT many terrible experiences
    in competitive, yet I do. Its very bizarre.

Especially when one was consistently in a rank, and then suddenly is trapped in other ranks
    due to really bad match making. There has to be something.
    Yeah, just got a few wins in a row and then comes a match where enemy has a 5 man group and we have only one duo group, they also have better MMR. Nice loss there and down we go again

10+ Year Old Account
    I been back on the forums and I seen a guy complaining he is being hooked out of ice block and it needs to be fixed. Welcome to life as a Genji player?

These people have absolutely no idea how often this happens to a Genji player yet constantly lambast him as a low skill hero and claim double jump is a handicap, say they hate Tracer and Genji because doing 180s and 360s is exhausting and annoying when it is a daily occurrence for me to get hooked despite the fact I am grinding up on Roadhog's fat ass like some fine ass girl up in the club.

I only played 3 games today so far and this game already got me fucked up. first match of the day i'm being smurfed by a really good mccree and every time he kills me, I am in the middle of deflect's animation. no ability is instant, every ability has a brief wind-up. yes it can feel cheap to get killed by genji, yes there is a lot of fuckery involved with how deflect works, but i deal with really upsetting shit like that on a daily basis because Genji and Tracer both push the limits of server response times.

It's so annoying to see so much whining over a hero people can't shoot because of double jump. which, ironically enough, is when he is the easiest to shoot. call me crazy but i actually don't think most genji players give a shit about double jump, i mean really... it's nice to use off wall climb but other than that it's basically just there for people who are too retarded to figure out how to use wallclimb when they play hanzo as easily as they do on genji. I'd gladly give up double jump for a minor hp boost (25) and having a decent amount of health converted to shields (80?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I been back on the forums and I seen a guy complaining he is being hooked out of ice block and it needs to be fixed. Welcome to life as a Genji player?

These people have absolutely no idea how often this happens to a Genji player yet constantly lambast him as a low skill hero and claim double jump is a handicap, say they hate Tracer and Genji because doing 180s and 360s is exhausting and annoying when it is a daily occurrence for me to get hooked despite the fact I am grinding up on Roadhog's fat ass like some fine ass girl up in the club.

I only played 3 games today so far and this game already got me fucked up. first match of the day i'm being smurfed by a really good mccree and every time he kills me, I am in the middle of deflect's animation. no ability is instant, every ability has a brief wind-up. yes it can feel cheap to get killed by genji, yes there is a lot of fuckery involved with how deflect works, but i deal with really upsetting shit like that on a daily basis because Genji and Tracer both push the limits of server response times.

It's so annoying to see so much whining over a hero people can't shoot because of double jump. which, ironically enough, is when he is the easiest to shoot. call me crazy but i actually don't think most genji players give a shit about double jump, i mean really... it's nice to use off wall climb but other than that it's basically just there for people who are too retarded to figure out how to use wallclimb when they play hanzo as easily as they do on genji. I'd gladly give up double jump for a minor hp boost (25) and having a decent amount of health converted to shields (80?)
    You should just learn to ignore these people instead of actively seeking them out lol, no one who understands Overwatch thinks Genji is some low skill hero.

I honestly feel the Genji whining has been pretty limited lately but I don't go to the official forums or the main Reddit.

Deleted
    I may sound racist, but I am pretty sure that almost every EU player that is not from Eastern Europe thinks the same:

Remove East Europeans, especially russians, to their own server pool.
    It's terrible as fuck in Overwatch as it is in every other online game. I don't think there is so much common with them as with every other nation, it begins with missing communication skills, wierd different meta play, game dropping, insulting and toxic playerbase.

This steals so much fun from onlinegames.

Beside that: The last time I played ranked was season 3, came close to Master Ranks.

The game obviously didn't know where to start my placement matches after such a long time. I started playing against (and carrying) Bronce players. Killstreak record with 57, lel.

At the end I got matched with Plat/Diamond in my last two placement matches. Where did I end? Gold. Thank you blizz. Thank you for letting me play with gold players. It is insane how bad gold already is, and there is still something below that, as I saw in my first two placement matches.
    Because Blizz didn't recognize the placement from before as it was probably too long ago I got low rating. I mean, there is no time to climb up again. And aren't you placed below your last rating in the next season, whatever happens? Which means I would have the risk to get close to silver?

That's where I will stop playing this game again...
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2018-02-23 at 07:26 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    And aren't you placed below your last rating in the next season, whatever happens? Which means I would have the risk to get close to silver?
    While that is a risk, i can at least confirm you're not guaranteed to get placed at a lower rating. Season 7 I placed higher than where I ended in season 6, and this season I got placed higher than my previous career high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    While that is a risk, i can at least confirm you're not guaranteed to get placed at a lower rating. Season 7 I placed higher than where I ended in season 6, and this season I got placed higher than my previous career high.
    Okay, then I can play at least. I don't think there is a single chance to get placed lower than this season.

EDIT: Okay, no, without my friends I won't play this game anymore. What a bunch of Down Syndromes Gold is, that is terrifying. I'm not even risking getting placed at Gold again.
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2018-02-23 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I may sound racist, but I am pretty sure that almost every EU player that is not from Eastern Europe thinks the same:

Remove East Europeans, especially russians, to their own server pool.
    It's terrible as fuck in Overwatch as it is in every other online game. I don't think there is so much common with them as with every other nation, it begins with missing communication skills, wierd different meta play, game dropping, insulting and toxic playerbase.

This steals so much fun from onlinegames.

Beside that: The last time I played ranked was season 3, came close to Master Ranks.

The game obviously didn't know where to start my placement matches after such a long time. I started playing against (and carrying) Bronce players. Killstreak record with 57, lel.

At the end I got matched with Plat/Diamond in my last two placement matches. Where did I end? Gold. Thank you blizz. Thank you for letting me play with gold players. It is insane how bad gold already is, and there is still something below that, as I saw in my first two placement matches.
    Because Blizz didn't recognize the placement from before as it was probably too long ago I got low rating. I mean, there is no time to climb up again. And aren't you placed below your last rating in the next season, whatever happens? Which means I would have the risk to get close to silver?

That's where I will stop playing this game again...
    I've played video games with some really nice Poles and Slovenians and even Russians. I've played with a huge number of English jerks. I'm not sure nationality really matters.

Unreal number of leavers this week, literally 2/3 of games had a leaver.

Leaver penalty should be a 48h ban for all accounts associated with the banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    my strategy to farm OWL tokens on two accounts was working gloriously until my phone died while i was taking a nap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Unreal number of leavers this week, literally 2/3 of games had a leaver.

Leaver penalty should be a 48h ban for all accounts associated with the banned.
    someone was telling me how shorter seasons are making the game worse and what they said made sense to me

my problem is that comp is touted like this super serious game mode but at the same time no one is forced to play super serious. it's like a relationship in the 21st century; we're seeing each other, but we're not dating. this isn't a commitment, but it's more than a fling. you're supposed to care, but don't care too much.

and when it comes to people, i guess i can deal with that because i am not exactly trying to get married but it's irritating when you thought you knew what it was and then they want it to be more than that, but less than what you thought they wanted it to be more than. that is like 100% how i see comp and don't know why people are not grilling Blizzard over it

if competitive CTF stays in the game that is probably what i am going to play from now on because 6v6 is so pointless. people can bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about how no one plays support or tank, but i see people play reinhardt all the time and literally the most difficult thing for them to do and the biggest way they fuck up in, is by dropping shield at the wrong time and not taking two steps forward to help players out trying to disengage from a fight. so it really doesn't matter if role queue makes someone play a tank and they are too stupid to do simple things like pay attention to their teammates and what is going on around them.

Got 9 wins, 1 loss, 3 PotGs in my placement matches on the last day.
    But only got 2858 rating I feel like I played better than I've ever done in my placements matches before, so was really hoping I would get a new record high rating since that is what happened last time I did this :P
    Overall I had mostly really nice, chill games, just like last time I did my placements matches just right before the season would've ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    been playing widowmaker and fuckin with people all day, what an experience. you can play her for 1 minute, get a triple kill, die and the cart will not move an inch because some shit-for-brains can't figure out how to get past a shield even though you can literally walk through it. But 10 seconds before they win the game, they'll be all like OMGGGGG WTF WHY DO WE HAVE A WIDOW? THIS IS THE REASON WE'RE LOSING

I've been playing a lot of Mystery Heroes. I'm 100% convinced that this mode makes people forget how to play.

Healers want to dps.
    Everyone wants to flank and avoid objectives.
    Tanks will avoid the payload or capture point and be off bullying someone miles away from where they need to be.

It's supposed to be a chill arcade mode, but I swear it triggers me more than competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    my strategy to farm OWL tokens on two accounts was working gloriously until my phone died while i was taking a nap
    I watched all of the Friday games (Saturday in Australia) and then logged into Overwatch to see my points. None.

Hmm. So I checked to see if there was any disclaimers and sure enough, my country is excluded from receiving OWL tokens from viewing. /RIP
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Got 9 wins, 1 loss, 3 PotGs in my placement matches on the last day.
    I went 8-2 in my placements with loads of medals and a few plays of the game and dropped 300 rating over my last season.
    I drop 150-300 every season tho no matter how my placements go, good or bad. I just dont play any comp games after the placements are over and have dropped about 1200 rating over the last 5 or so seasons because of it.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2018-02-25 at 02:48 PM.

Guys, listen to Tracers "Cheeky!" voice line. Is it just me, or does it not sound like her?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went googling to try and find her doing cheeky live, because it is her....

Totally forgot she's a full actress too and was in one of the coolest British shows I've seen in a while: Crazyhead. If you never wanted to realize that innocent little Tracer once pissed on a dude because he had a demon in him...well, don't look it up lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Was looking forward to knocking out he last day of comp, but fucking Spectrum says they'll just add an additional 200-500 ping to my game for no damn reason. Seeing where the game hops to connect to Overwatch makes me realize why I always have higher ping anyways b/c they send it all over the damn country. Hate that every ISP is a local monopoly and the government could care less.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    As much as I don't have the event skins I'd like to have, I've come across this bizarre behaviour in comp. I've been improving and playing well, and my SR is going up. It's madness, how could this be happening?

Last day of comp is just fucking pointless, I've been riddled with idiots and people just legit throwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing worse than losing is losing to a sour winner.

Take the win and shut the fuck up. Any shitty remarks afterward *DESERVE* a ban from
    the entire season imo.