I went 5-0 last night and I'm still at virtually the same SR I've been for months.
    ---
    Oh my godddddd, 10-0 so close!
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-03-23 at 07:33 PM.

(Re)Introducing "Avoid as Teammate" function. What do you think ? I believe, just like the old "Avoid player" option, it is going to be abused. They should have kept "Prefer player" instead.

- - - Updated - - -

TL;DW : You can select up to 2 persons to avoid. For 7 days, the matchmaking will make sure the 2 players won't end up in your team. After this time, the players will be removed from your list and you'll have to re-add them.

Also, if there are too many players who have you in their "Avoid as teammate" list, you'll get a warning message.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2018-03-25 at 02:04 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I think I'm getting worse at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by dialectic View Post
    I think I'm getting worse at this game.
    That is because You are.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    (Re)Introducing "Avoid as Teammate" function. What do you think ?
    It's absolute garbage. 2 people serves just about no purpose as the amount of people who troll or continuously ruin your games are more than 2.
    BAD WOLF

Win 2 games, lose 3. Glad to see the game is going just like it always has. Last game had a toxic ahole who then pissed off our Mercy (solo healing) who then refused to heal anyone except for Pharah. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Win 2 games, lose 3. Glad to see the game is going just like it always has. Last game had a toxic ahole who then pissed off our Mercy (solo healing) who then refused to heal anyone except for Pharah. Fun times.
    That is a great ratio since, excluding draws, half of all matches are losses.

Sooooooo what is the problem?

Even the best players in the world lose.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    3/5 ≠ 1/2

40% win rate is not 'great'. It's abysmal and would see you plummeting down to Bronze if continued without end.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    3/5 ≠ 1/2

40% win rate is not 'great'. It's abysmal and would see you plummeting down to Bronze if continued without end.
    I read win 2 of 3 games.

I was very tired. My bad.

3/5 ≠ 1/2

Not true, as long as you keep trying your SR losses start to become pretty insignificant compared to your gains from wins. I’ve been in that world of <10 SR loss >30 SR gains when I’ve had such a poor win record, I think it was S5 or 6 were that cruel to me. Of course you get reported for sandbagging and shit down there because you obviously shouldn’t be there and it sucks on all kinds of levels, but I’m fairly sure it’s impossible for me to get below 1750.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not true, as long as you keep trying your SR losses start to become pretty insignificant compared to your gains from wins. I’ve been in that world of <10 SR loss >30 SR gains when I’ve had such a poor win record, I think it was S5 or 6 were that cruel to me. Of course you get reported for sandbagging and shit down there because you obviously shouldn’t be there and it sucks on all kinds of levels, but I’m fairly sure it’s impossible for me to get below 1750.
    40% is likely just below average though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    40% is likely just below average though.
    No idea, but honestly measuring it over 8 games is hardly representative in any case. Not when you can easily play a couple hundred matches in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No idea, but honestly measuring it over 8 games is hardly representative in any case. Not when you can easily play a couple hundred matches in a season.
    Oh for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Do they make ranked worse with every iteration? I've been placed so incredibly low this season but the usual catchup mechanics arent in place, so Im hovering around gold/plat losing and winning the exact same amount of points, instead of the normal 40-50 sr you gain when they place you low.

I mean at this rate screw vanilla WoW, I want vanilla OW, season 2/3 seemed playable, been a shitshow for me since then, feels like the only motivation to do ranked is for gold weapons nowadays.
    Fucking hear hear. The game's Ranked mode has gotten progressively worse for me each and every single season.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    haha. You guys still whining about being in the wrong rank.
    Just watched another video featuring you:
    https://youtu.be/u7pJAy-8CfU
    Right, a video about someone who acts like toxic douchebag himself is very credible evidence.

It's absolute garbage. 2 people serves just about no purpose as the amount of people who troll or continuously ruin your games are more than 2.
    Agreed. The fact that its also temporary doesn't help either. Okay great, you've banned getting paired with 2 doucebags.

A week from now, they'll be off your ban. Absolutely useless.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-03-25 at 08:57 PM.

Sooooooo what is the problem?

Even the best players in the world lose.
    1/2 of all matches shouldn't be losses. Previous seasons I've managed to keep a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. This season I have experienced more losses than wins. The SR design also gets me frustrated as I win games but then I lose 1 and it drops me back because I didn't play a map as well as others on that character. (I still hate this design philosophy if it doesn't show). Now, I have Moreno losses than wins and I am just steadily dropping, albeit slowly.
    I've always said I'm not a master or GM player, even expecting Diamond would be a stretch for me to achieve, but Ive always managed mid Plat to high gold range, but this season I'm likely to place silver by the end without all the long breaks I take.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    1/2 of all matches shouldn't be losses. Previous seasons I've managed to keep a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. This season I have experienced more losses than wins. The SR design also gets me frustrated as I win games but then I lose 1 and it drops me back because I didn't play a map as well as others on that character. (I still hate this design philosophy if it doesn't show). Now, I have Moreno losses than wins and I am just steadily dropping, albeit slowly.
    I've always said I'm not a master or GM player, even expecting Diamond would be a stretch for me to achieve, but Ive always managed mid Plat to high gold range, but this season I'm likely to place silver by the end without all the long breaks I take.
    Yes 1/2 of all matches should be losses, half of all games played are lost, unless you are on a deity team that wins most games and is very top of the ladder.

Yes 1/2 of all matches should be losses, half of all games played are lost, unless you are on a deity team that wins most games and is very top of the ladder.
    As stated, when you play previous seasons at a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, then not 1/2 of your games are losses. Saying that 1/2 of your games should be losses is just a defeatist attitude and resignation to stop trying to be better.
    As stated, this current season is more of a 1:2 to a 1:4 ratio of W:L. That again shows that 1/2 of my games are not losses but actually more than that.
    To assume that 1/2 of your games are wins and the other 1/2 are losses would mean people wouldn't be placed in areas like Diamon and higher.
    BTW, most of your posts lately come off as just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Right, a video about someone who acts like toxic douchebag himself is very credible evidence.

You have absolutely zero humor, Eric. That's probably your problem in-game. Too tense and "nervy".
    People send in their own gameplays, so they want him to drag them.
    And him dragging them has no meaning to whether he is right or wrong about their rank and how terrible or well they are doing.

Not great at all but I'm still having fun. I stopped caring about my SR once I got below 2k rating because actually trying to get back above 2k is impossible for me even when I fill healer or tank. Now I just play junkrat all the time and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    You have absolutely zero humor, Eric. That's probably your problem in-game. Too tense and "nervy".
    I'm fine for having humor during a game, but some degree of seriousness must be present for a Ranked game. Unless you're stomping
    the opposition super hard, then yeah, joke away.

As for you, well, your comment didn't come across as being funny. So I dunno, be more funny next time?