If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

That is all.
    gold medals dont mean shit lol

for example, if you played a game 4mins long and gold damage is 4k damage its because someones team is shit

If you're a Moira, getting gold medals is pretty easy...Gold healing for obv reasons, Elimination and Obj kills from tagging people with purple orb/right click. By this logic, the guy who farmed gold damage shooting a Hog instead of the Ana behind should not lose sr either, which isn't...logic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

That is all.
    You guys and your golds.... golds don’t mean jack shit as far as skill. It just means out of all the shits on your team you were slightly less shitty than the rest. You could get gold damage on junkrat but still be a shit junk rat because you spent the whole game doing damage to a 4 tank comp but not the two healers and nobody on the opposing team died because you didn’t kill the healers and they erased your damage while you filled their ult gadges.

Forget the golds, follow the winners.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You guys and your golds.... golds don’t mean jack shit as far as skill. It just means out of all the shits on your team you were slightly less shitty than the rest. You could get gold damage on junkrat but still be a shit junk rat because you spent the whole game doing damage to a 4 tank comp but not the two healers and nobody on the opposing team died because you didn’t kill the healers and they erased your damage while you filled their ult gadges.

Forget the golds, follow the winners.
    Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.

Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.
    depends on hero

DVA is one of the highest damage dealing heroes in the game atm, even GM players only average 3k damage per round with Moira. but then again, a lot of DPS players are fucking useless mongs.

That is all.
    I disagree.

I think people should only be focused on, "What can I do to win?" and never, "What I can I do to make sure my stats look as good as possible"? To give a specific example, say the enemy team is about to take the point and you're close to it. You know you're going to lose the point, but hell, if you get in there, maybe you can slow them down by 8-10 seconds, and you'll respawn in time to defend the second point anyway.

That means you're going to get an extra 8-10 seconds of objective time and an extra death. Overall, that's bad for your stats. But it's good for your team - you wasted 10 seconds! There's a similar thing that happens if you're a Reinhardt and you do a good job at punching a hole, maybe kill one guy with a charge and knock a few back, then die, but your team then pushes in and wins.

I don't think stats can capture that.

I was also bothered that they look at how you do on your hero relative to others who play the same one. That's annoying, because it penalizes you for picking the right heroes who tend to win matches. To me, picking the right hero does mean your rating should go up.

My other problem with the rating system is it seems to be super streaky. I get in situations where I'm laughing because it seems like I can't possibly lose, and I go up like 400 points. Then suddenly it start switching in the other direction.

I wonder whether their matchmaking system creates situations where this is more likely to happen. For example, say you're rated 1600 but you've won 5 matches in a row and you're matched against a 1700 team because your behind the scenes MMR has gone up a lot. Blizz has set up a situation where your rating will go up a lot if you win. In order to offset that, they might match you against a guy who is 1800 but on a big losing streak so he's positioned to lose a lot on the other side. So the comp is not entirely balanced. If the 1800 guy is throwing so he can smurf, his team is gonna lose and the 1600 guy is going to win. This happens over and over.

That's why I think a matchmaking system that is as simple as possible is best. A win is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Match people up with ratings as close as possible to your own. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    depends on hero

DVA is one of the highest damage dealing heroes in the game atm, even GM players only average 3k damage per round with Moira. but then again, a lot of DPS players are fucking useless mongs.
    Yeah, I dunno. It's just frustrating to play whatever's needed every round and constantly get shit on by the opposing team because they're all a bunch of window-licking mouthbreathers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    (long quote)
    While I don't disagree with you, you can do everything right every game and your team will still find ways to fail. It doesn't matter how good you are (I mean unless you're a GM player smurfing in which case you can prolly tear it up a little bit. I'm definitely not any better than gold max, but I'm forever in bronze and can't climb out.

You are responsible for your team mates being shit lords because you are completely capable of deciding who you play with but you are lazy and use a find random shit lord button.

Nobody ever acknowledges their own role in their losses and always finds others to blame for team failures even if they have to do spine shattering backflips to do it. You are not an exception to the rule and you and only you earned your rank.

Your a bronze, you earned that rank and one of the reasons you are a bronze is because you always blame others rather than figuring what you personally are doing wrong. If you can't figure out where you are personally failing you will never improve and you will never get out of bronze. Put up a video of your game play and we could honestly tell you what you are doing that keeps you in bronze but that would require you being able to accept criticism. People don't take well to criticism, positive or otherwise just like they are more likely to blame others first rather than self-analyse.

My kid got placed in diamond with no FPS experience and had to dump down into bronze where she had to learn the game and she climbed out of bronze into Diamond in 6 months. So don’t give me this victim bullshit that you can’t get out of bronze.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-17 at 04:28 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Defending Volskaya and i'm playing Ana. I'm left alone to deal with a Tracer, Reaper and Sombra that flanked across the gap because team doesn't react to the call that the enemy is behind us.
    I kill the Tracer and the Reaper but die to the Sombra while the rest of my team dies to 3 people at the first choke. Enemy team just steamrolls to the end from that.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2018-04-17 at 08:01 AM.

Retribution, a friend finally managed to beat Legendary. Thing is...He used the glitches preventing adds from spawning on 1st Heavy and had the awesome luck of having one of the 2 heavies stuck on the other side of the map at the end, making it a cakewalk. Worst, he kept bragging about how good and better than the others who didn't have this...luck. I should be happy for him...but I'm just disgusted to the core.
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Retribution, a friend finally managed to beat Legendary. Thing is...He used the glitches preventing adds from spawning on 1st Heavy and had the awesome luck of having one of the 2 heavies stuck on the other side of the map at the end, making it a cakewalk. Worst, he kept bragging about how good and better than the others who didn't have this...luck. I should be happy for him...but I'm just disgusted to the core.
    If it makes you feel better no one actually cares about beating it on legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    If it makes you feel better no one actually cares about beating it on legendary
    Guess my ego got hurted a bit...But it makes me feel better, yeah.

I am officially giving up on this game and deleting it. Maybe it's the fact that this is day 4 since quitting smoking, but I just can't take the needless toxicity I see/hear (even when not directed at me), the people that throw games because they feel they don't get healed (sorry DVa/Winston players, but when you dive bomb into 6 enemies and/or LoS, and your heals are Ana and Zen, you're not going to receive a lot), the blatant idiocy and ignorance, or the direction the game is going.
    Blizzard has a long standing track record of, instead of finding a balance and tuning to it, they instead shift the focus elsewhere and create more unbalance. I get enough of that swing power stuff in WoW, not dealing with it in another of their products.
    That's not to say OW has been nothing but shit. I truely did love this game and have fun with it in the early months, but shortly after s3 ended it has just been downhill for me, both in how I playand the quality of matches since the beginning.
    To all still playing, good luck and I hope you continue to have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I don't know but the placements for gold is just wrong. Probably because it's the mass placement. But the skill gap in the Gold placements is that hard. You see players making basic mistakes with tactical flaws over and over. Then there are people that are just sick, aiming like a god, playing flawless and really don't deserve to be placed in that ranks. That happened yesterday, there was an enemy Soldier who was just sick. That I say something like that about an enemy means something as I am really a salty bitch.

But due to that felt false MMR so many matches are just disgusting to play...
    You're not being salty, you're being correct.

Silver and especially Gold, have become an ELO Hell to the highest degree, starting from Season 4 or 5,
    and its only gotten infinitely worse since then.

Its why I haven't been able to hit my old rank (Platinum) again. The game's absolutely abysmal match
    making consistently pairs me with the same assholes you're paired with that just fuck us over every
    damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean the first handful of seasons upto 4 at least were incredibly fun and engaging, I was encountering such a high quality of player, communicative, flexible people.
    Agreed. Thinking back on it now, those were the only times I was capable of actually climbing
    through the ranks. Now I'm fucking stuck because of how horseshit the system is.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-04-18 at 07:38 AM.

from all the 4 brackets i played since s2, bronze (thanks to the snowball effect back then I fell like a rock from 1800 to 699) -> plat:
    gold is the worst
    in silver they atleast try to win
    in gold 90% are like: "I can't carry you shitheads" despite being total garbabe and have less than 0 awerness

minimum lvl for comp should be higher imo
    25 is way not low, many people don't know more than a few heroes and to many smurfs
    with lvl, idk 50 maybe even 100, there wouldn't be so much smurfs as there are now

on another note:
    I want my lil' paladin girl in comp
    and her mechanic/engineer skin should be her default skin
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You're not being salty, you're being correct.

Silver and especially Gold, have become an ELO Hell to the highest degree, starting from Season 4 or 5,
    and its only gotten infinitely worse since then.

Its why I haven't been able to hit my old rank (Platinum) again. The game's absolutely abysmal match
    making consistently pairs me with the same assholes you're paired with that just fuck us over every
    damn time.

Agreed. Thinking back on it now, those were the only times I was capable of actually climbing
    through the ranks. Now I'm fucking stuck because of how horseshit the system is.
    if u cant reach a rating its because u shouldnt be at that rating, thats not the games fault but u not being good enough for that rating...

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    if u cant reach a rating its because u shouldnt be at that rating, thats not the games fault but u not being good enough for that rating...
    That is incorrect. Not just specifically for myself but for others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That is incorrect. Not just specifically for myself but for others as well.
    Not to mention I heard of players buying a new account for comp and place/climbed a whole lot better (a few I know easily jumped into masters to Top 500) and rarely any of them fell back to their old rank. Not going to say the system is broken but feels like the game is actively keeping low ranked players that are improving their overall performance low.
    Last edited by Renwin; 2018-04-19 at 12:21 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    Not to mention I heard of players buying a new account for comp and place/climbed a whole lot better (a few I know easily jumped into masters to Top 500) and rarely any of them fell back to their old rank. Not going to say the system is broken but feels like the game is actively keeping low ranked players that are improving their overall performance low.
    This happened to me. Got a new account, instantly placed into Diamond when the game had been holding my main account back at Plat forever. Next season I placed into diamond and came a game short of going into Masters. Will likely place or gain masters fairly quickly.
    BAD WOLF