1. #8981
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I also just had someone tell me I'm a hard carry as Zarya even though I had gold everything (minus healing) on a game we lost. Do people even know how to insult others anymore?
    Are you sure it was an insult? They might have meant you carried hard (despite the loss) rather than that you were hard to carry.

  2. #8982
    The amount of salt in this thread will sustain me for months.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -updated 3/19/2018

  3. #8983
    Bouncing pretty hard between 2700 and 2950 - as soon as I get matched against a few diamonds the game seems to just get too hard. I'm not quite sure why, I just get focussed harder (Maining D.va atm - I get de-meched so easy at times), my ults are less impactful and any damage I do seems to get shrugged off easily. But, after dropping down for a few matches, once everyone is plat again, I feel like I dominate. I guess there's just a skill barrier between plat/diamond that I'm just not at yet?

  4. #8984
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,410
    If this game had a subscription I definately wouldnt pay for it, ranked needs a complete overhaul, the win/loss system is archaic and doesnt contribute towards a fun competitive experience.

    Im passionately sick of losing games because of the toxic community, its worse than League of Legends in its height, Ive kept a little log of my latest gaming streak, and Im of the opinion that without 3rd party cheating software, theres almost nothing you can do to win in situations where other players simply dont want to play the game.

    So many modes in this game are borderline unplayable that Im genuinely considering finding a new FPS.

    Quick Play is a complete joke from start to finish, you dont learn anything, you cant practise anything and nothing is gained from the experience. The games are almost always sweeps, and generally consist of 6 dps teams or just people "testing" things.

    Solo Queue Competitive itself is very much a dice roll, losing one player to tilting, afk, or trolling is enough to ensure a loss. Additionally considering so many people are likely ranked incorrectly, you have no idea of the measure of player you get in every game, the rating system does nothing to indicate who you need to support in your team. Additionally for some bizzare reason theres no role queuing, so you can sometimes get 3 Mercy mains in one team or a handful of snipers, meaning you're at a complete disadvantage through no fault of your own.

    Theres so little control in the players hand that being good simply isnt enough, you have to invest ludicrous amounts of time into this game in order to see any progress whatsoever, or just cheat the ranked system into giving you SR. Its so broken right now Im honestly at a loss for words, Im loving the eSports scene thats coming about through OWL, but the state of the game for me, is as dire as its ever been.

    My current strategy to be able to play this game the way the developers intended, is to completely shut down the idea of engaging within the community, and just playing very seldom with a premade, stacking is the only thing that makes this game shine in a positive light for me, and thats truly sad.

  5. #8985
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Are you sure it was an insult? They might have meant you carried hard (despite the loss) rather than that you were hard to carry.
    No, it was definitely meant as an insult. The person and I had exhanged words during the match because at 1 point I asked Widow to swap because she wasn't getting any picks against the enemy team, and I also asked Ana to switch because the enemy had Winston and DVa and when they dived on our tanks they would have Matrix or Winston's shield going and Ana would do no healing.
    Both times I stated that I'm not insulting them or saying they are bad players, but the picks are bad against the enemy comp. I even offered to swap roles if they weren't comfortable on another damage or support character.
    The person who tried to insult me later made comments about how I complained the whole game, blaming either the damage or the support for why the enemy was pushing the cart. I never blamed them, just pointed out their picks weren't working at that point as the enemy picked to counter some of our team.

  6. #8986
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My current strategy to be able to play this game the way the developers intended, is to completely shut down the idea of engaging within the community, and just playing very seldom with a premade, stacking is the only thing that makes this game shine in a positive light for me, and thats truly sad.
    Premade is blatantly what the game is built for, despite how small an audience actually want to participate in it. Hell even other players on the forums have no answer other than to find a full team to shackle yourself to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  7. #8987
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,410
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Premade is blatantly what the game is built for, despite how small an audience actually want to participate in it. Hell even other players on the forums have no answer other than to find a full team to shackle yourself to.
    I mean the first handful of seasons upto 4 at least were incredibly fun and engaging, I was encountering such a high quality of player, communicative, flexible people.

    Now its a total shitshow at the best of times, I find myself mentally coaching people every game so they dont tilt, its exhausting, I want to play a game not be a bloody shrink.

  8. #8988
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, it was definitely meant as an insult. The person and I had exhanged words during the match because at 1 point I asked Widow to swap because she wasn't getting any picks against the enemy team, and I also asked Ana to switch because the enemy had Winston and DVa and when they dived on our tanks they would have Matrix or Winston's shield going and Ana would do no healing.
    Both times I stated that I'm not insulting them or saying they are bad players, but the picks are bad against the enemy comp. I even offered to swap roles if they weren't comfortable on another damage or support character.
    The person who tried to insult me later made comments about how I complained the whole game, blaming either the damage or the support for why the enemy was pushing the cart. I never blamed them, just pointed out their picks weren't working at that point as the enemy picked to counter some of our team.
    Offering advice or asking people to swap because they are being worthless never works. I've tried so many times with Widow and Hanzo and they just tell me QP is QP. I feel your pain.

    Signature Created by Jassinta

  9. #8989
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,944
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Absolutely not. Hanzo is already dumb enough with his tree sized arrows. He should not ever be able to bring down a shield solo.
    He's the only hero with a sub 50% win rate above Diamond into GM.

  10. #8990
    High Overlord thatsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    154
    If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

    That is all.

  11. #8991
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,308
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

    That is all.
    gold medals dont mean shit lol

    for example, if you played a game 4mins long and gold damage is 4k damage its because someones team is shit

  12. #8992
    If you're a Moira, getting gold medals is pretty easy...Gold healing for obv reasons, Elimination and Obj kills from tagging people with purple orb/right click. By this logic, the guy who farmed gold damage shooting a Hog instead of the Ana behind should not lose sr either, which isn't...logic.
    luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuüuube !~
    Tofinish list : more waffles
    Todo list : S;G anime, S;G0, New Game, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi.

  13. #8993
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

    That is all.
    You guys and your golds.... golds don’t mean jack shit as far as skill. It just means out of all the shits on your team you were slightly less shitty than the rest. You could get gold damage on junkrat but still be a shit junk rat because you spent the whole game doing damage to a 4 tank comp but not the two healers and nobody on the opposing team died because you didn’t kill the healers and they erased your damage while you filled their ult gadges.

    Forget the golds, follow the winners.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  14. #8994
    High Overlord thatsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You guys and your golds.... golds don’t mean jack shit as far as skill. It just means out of all the shits on your team you were slightly less shitty than the rest. You could get gold damage on junkrat but still be a shit junk rat because you spent the whole game doing damage to a 4 tank comp but not the two healers and nobody on the opposing team died because you didn’t kill the healers and they erased your damage while you filled their ult gadges.

    Forget the golds, follow the winners.
    Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.

  15. #8995
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,308
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.
    depends on hero

    DVA is one of the highest damage dealing heroes in the game atm, even GM players only average 3k damage per round with Moira. but then again, a lot of DPS players are fucking useless mongs.

  16. #8996
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

    That is all.
    I disagree.

    I think people should only be focused on, "What can I do to win?" and never, "What I can I do to make sure my stats look as good as possible"? To give a specific example, say the enemy team is about to take the point and you're close to it. You know you're going to lose the point, but hell, if you get in there, maybe you can slow them down by 8-10 seconds, and you'll respawn in time to defend the second point anyway.

    That means you're going to get an extra 8-10 seconds of objective time and an extra death. Overall, that's bad for your stats. But it's good for your team - you wasted 10 seconds! There's a similar thing that happens if you're a Reinhardt and you do a good job at punching a hole, maybe kill one guy with a charge and knock a few back, then die, but your team then pushes in and wins.

    I don't think stats can capture that.

    I was also bothered that they look at how you do on your hero relative to others who play the same one. That's annoying, because it penalizes you for picking the right heroes who tend to win matches. To me, picking the right hero does mean your rating should go up.

    My other problem with the rating system is it seems to be super streaky. I get in situations where I'm laughing because it seems like I can't possibly lose, and I go up like 400 points. Then suddenly it start switching in the other direction.

    I wonder whether their matchmaking system creates situations where this is more likely to happen. For example, say you're rated 1600 but you've won 5 matches in a row and you're matched against a 1700 team because your behind the scenes MMR has gone up a lot. Blizz has set up a situation where your rating will go up a lot if you win. In order to offset that, they might match you against a guy who is 1800 but on a big losing streak so he's positioned to lose a lot on the other side. So the comp is not entirely balanced. If the 1800 guy is throwing so he can smurf, his team is gonna lose and the 1600 guy is going to win. This happens over and over.

    That's why I think a matchmaking system that is as simple as possible is best. A win is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Match people up with ratings as close as possible to your own. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how about making doing this an infraction? every thread about a youtuber, the "witty" fools come out of the woodwork to show their superiority over not knowing who the youtuber is, when a cursory glance at google would suffice to answer that question.
    14 minutes later:
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hate censorship, i'd reduce the rules were it up to me.

  17. #8997
    High Overlord thatsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    depends on hero

    DVA is one of the highest damage dealing heroes in the game atm, even GM players only average 3k damage per round with Moira. but then again, a lot of DPS players are fucking useless mongs.
    Yeah, I dunno. It's just frustrating to play whatever's needed every round and constantly get shit on by the opposing team because they're all a bunch of window-licking mouthbreathers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    (long quote)
    While I don't disagree with you, you can do everything right every game and your team will still find ways to fail. It doesn't matter how good you are (I mean unless you're a GM player smurfing in which case you can prolly tear it up a little bit. I'm definitely not any better than gold max, but I'm forever in bronze and can't climb out.

  18. #8998
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.
    You are responsible for your team mates being shit lords because you are completely capable of deciding who you play with but you are lazy and use a find random shit lord button.

    Nobody ever acknowledges their own role in their losses and always finds others to blame for team failures even if they have to do spine shattering backflips to do it. You are not an exception to the rule and you and only you earned your rank.

    Your a bronze, you earned that rank and one of the reasons you are a bronze is because you always blame others rather than figuring what you personally are doing wrong. If you can't figure out where you are personally failing you will never improve and you will never get out of bronze. Put up a video of your game play and we could honestly tell you what you are doing that keeps you in bronze but that would require you being able to accept criticism. People don't take well to criticism, positive or otherwise just like they are more likely to blame others first rather than self-analyse.

    My kid got placed in diamond with no FPS experience and had to dump down into bronze where she had to learn the game and she climbed out of bronze into Diamond in 6 months. So don’t give me this victim bullshit that you can’t get out of bronze.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-17 at 04:28 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  19. #8999
    Defending Volskaya and i'm playing Ana. I'm left alone to deal with a Tracer, Reaper and Sombra that flanked across the gap because team doesn't react to the call that the enemy is behind us.
    I kill the Tracer and the Reaper but die to the Sombra while the rest of my team dies to 3 people at the first choke. Enemy team just steamrolls to the end from that.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2018-04-17 at 08:01 AM.

  20. #9000
    Retribution, a friend finally managed to beat Legendary. Thing is...He used the glitches preventing adds from spawning on 1st Heavy and had the awesome luck of having one of the 2 heavies stuck on the other side of the map at the end, making it a cakewalk. Worst, he kept bragging about how good and better than the others who didn't have this...luck. I should be happy for him...but I'm just disgusted to the core.
    luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuüuube !~
    Tofinish list : more waffles
    Todo list : S;G anime, S;G0, New Game, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •