Never understood why I constantly go against Widows who act like they have wall back cheats enabled yet I get Widows that act like it’s their first FPS. Add on no one ever wants to swap to counter an enemy Widow and it just adds to aggravation in the game. Glad I’m taking a break from the game right now. Just something I got reminded of earlier today.

Actually did some placements yesterday, there's some nice Halloween stuff so figured I should get some credits together. That Hammond and Moira skin especially, but Pharah and Widow look good too.

Anywho, match one, Ana and Zen playing DPS support. Literally stood right in front of Zen on 30% Health, does he heal? Hell no, thus I am slowly taken out by random chip damage. Neither this DPS support, nor our actual DPS want to engage PharMercy either, so I go Widow and slightly slow their progress; but with 1 tank and non-healing supports it's kinda futile.

Things improved markedly from that point however with 4 straight wins from otherwise close matches and some really nice plays. It was actually quite enjoyable which is unusual for placements. There was a Hollywood match which was particularly tough, but I managed to hold a line on Orisa before the last point for what felt like forever after they'd made pretty swift progress pushing the payload; wasn't sure we'd done enough but they actually tried the same defence but were nowhere near as good, it's always nice to see someone try to mirror you and fail.

Someone complaining that Lúcio's damage is brokenly high... Now I've seen it all.

Quick play is such a mess right now. The chances of getting any reasonable setup are basically nil. Every game its like 4 at least DPS quicklock, and then youre lucky if the other guy chooses a fitting hero (I'm happy to play support or tank, but i can't play both at the same time!).

Even had a Torb/sym on attack usually it's widow/hanzo/genji in everygame. then they wonder why they can't take the point....

6 month break, coming back to 3/3 games with aimbot users in placements.

So i'm taking another break. <:

New Torbjorn is just the same as the old Torb, minus slight better viability on attack, tons of nerfs on defense, and a fucked up cooldown system on his turrets.

And yet people will still claim he's OP for being able to do the same things he could always do. Never Change Quick Play.

Figured I’d come back to try and get some new skins. Had fun in Arcade, figured maybe I’d try Comp again. What the hell happened over the last few weeks? Is the game now about blaming support nonstop? I used to watch people blame damage; now it’s all about the support.
    One of my games on Lunar Colony, I’m healing 4 of my team at the stairwell while 4 of them marched up, enemy Hanzo taking potshots, enemy sombra starts solo capping. I ask our defender if they’re okay or need help, get no answer. I see their death pop up, we have Moira helping to heal our team, I call it out and turn around to help point.
    I then get bitched at by our Wrecking Ball that they were spamming need healing on point and how I should have gone to heal her instead of helping the team. I respond I couldn’t at the time and that’s why I asked if they were doing okay in voice chat, to which she continued to yell at me that I could have came to help because the enemy wasn’t attacking and we had a break in their push. I again try to point out that’s not true because we hadn’t killed anyone yet and the second I moved away from upstairs our team got overwhelmed and dropped. Even after pointing that out and having the truth of what happened to support my explanation, the Wrecking Ball player still continues to yell and then the team joins in, talking about how I’m a shit healer.
    This is kind of throwing me for a loop because I tend to be forced into maiming support, and even made it to 2800 last season as mostly a Support/Tank player.

Forgot to add, this has been a running theme over the last 5 games I’ve played. Even on games I’ve won, I’ve had people trash talking the support, whether it’s me or someone else.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-10-11 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Anywho, match one, Ana and Zen playing DPS support. Literally stood right in front of Zen on 30% Health, does he heal? Hell no, thus I am slowly taken out by random chip damage.
    You have to remember that Zen can only heal one person at a time, and sometimes triage just means you end up being the lowest priority for heals, especially if you're a DPS that isn't in the thick of a teamfight.

I've been practicing on Zen lately to try to get better (in QP) and I can't even tell you the amount of times I've been bitched out by some backline DPS for not healing them when there were like four people in the front who urgently needed heals first. Usually I put an orb on them for like half a second and then move it because I figure something is better than nothing but sometimes I can't even afford that. Sometimes they die. Sometimes it resulted in someone more critical living.

(but hey sometimes I suck too and make a bad call)

I'm not saying that is always the case or was applicable in your situation -- bad and/or oblivious players are everywhere -- but I think too many people are too quick to blame support for not healing them without considering the circumstances. Any one else who mains support can tell you about the plethora of times they've been chewed out because some flanker who was out of LoS died, or because someone charged in and was out of range, or because they were killed first in the team fight and weren't even present to heal them even if they wanted to. Teams also remain ignorant of healer kits too; I can't shoot heals into the sky as Lucio, I can't heal endlessly on Moira, I can't AoE heal on Zen outside of my ult, I can't shoot through walls on Ana, Brig's heal has a CD. And, no, it doesn't really make getting yelled at less irritating to know that the problem isn't me, it's that they are an idiot.

Overall I enjoy playing support in Overwatch and I like the kits of most of the healers, I just wish more DPS were empathetic or familiar with how supports worked.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

I play quite a lot of Zen and other support in comp, I know his limitations, I know he made a bad call. I'm not quick to make assumptions, but in this case, both he and Ana were both overly focused on DPSing; I could see that while I was tanking and it was even more apparent when I switch to DPS.

I've actually taken up playing Moira a lot more this season in anticipation of getting her Banshee skin (though I've had zero legendaries in like 14+ boxes so far, not even an non-event one, so meh, at least I have Blackwatch) and finding her pretty enjoyable and very, very effective.

Lastly, is Reaper good now? He seems in every game, people also are actually asking for him O.o

I play quite a lot of Zen and other support in comp, I know his limitations, I know he made a bad call. I'm not quick to make assumptions, but in this case, both he and Ana were both overly focused on DPSing; I could see that while I was tanking and it was even more apparent when I switch to DPS.

I've actually taken up playing Moira a lot more this season in anticipation of getting her Banshee skin (though I've had zero legendaries in like 14+ boxes so far, not even an non-event one, so meh, at least I have Blackwatch) and finding her pretty enjoyable and very, very effective.

Lastly, is Reaper good now? He seems in every game, people also are actually asking for him O.o
    Lot of support are focusing more on dps lately as I get closer to deranking our of Plat. Anymore it seems like if I’m not healing then it’s people either focusing as damage dealers or just healing the people they queue’d with.
    I think a lot of people are asking for a Reaper now because of so many dive comps I’ve been seeing lately. Just in my games alone, their tends to be a Winston/DVa or Winston/WB combo that Reaper can tear thru, while also tending to heal himself while under Winston’s bubble or opposite a defense matrix. He seems to be a complete flanker if played well to take out support if no Brig or as a back line defender against dive tanks. I rarely see him for anything such as standing ground with the group. His Ult is usually good if the player watches for certain factors: Brig charge on CD or no matrix/bubble to pop down. Personally I’d rather see less groups with him as most of my games lately we have comps that can’t deal with a Pharah and the enemy team seems to crawl with them.

Also I get people want to try out reworked Torb, but I probably have 20 hours in Overwatch in the last week and I don't think I've played a single game in Comp or QP, attack or defend, that didn't have a Torb on my team. His rework made him a little more flexible but I don't think it made him amazing enough to justify him as a mandatory pick.

Not sure if there's literally that many people trying the changes, or if more people feel emboldened to "main" him now that he's mildly better in non-defense situations. Plsno.

Torb is locked from Comp for 2 weeks like Symm was so you didn’t have a comp game with him. QP and DM on the other hand... all Torb everywhere.

I think as some players have always struggled against him, he’s proving “effective” for them, cue complaints of OP and popularity. I doubt it will transfer to comp though as he still has much the same weaknesses.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-10-15 at 06:37 AM.

Torb is locked from Comp for 2 weeks like Symm was so you didn’t have a comp game with him. QP and DM on the other hand... all Torb everywhere.
    oh hm guess not then! (and I missed Symm's lock in comp so I didn't realise they even locked reworks in addition to new heroes)

(and honestly, it was slight hyperbole; there's probably been at least one or two matches where one of the teams didn't have one but overwhelmingly every single game there will be one on both sides.)

I think as some players have always struggled against him, he’s proving “effective” for them, cue complaints of OP and popularity. I doubt it will transfer to comp though as he still has much the same weaknesses.
    Yeah, he doesn't really feel any stronger, just slightly more versatile. If he did seem OP it would make more sense, but he really doesn't seem that great. Either you get a team that can counter him well or you don't, but I haven't had that many games where the Torb was owning things (either on my team or theirs). The turret can be annoying and the lava hose is decent for area denial but I just haven't been too wowed by him. Not that he's bad, especially in qp where coordination is low, but not good enough to justify this seemingly huge spike in popularity.

It was interesting to start playing the game again after a time away. I was insanely busy in July, then out of the country for two weeks in August, then the WoW expansion dropped... and this last week is really the first time I've played Overwatch in months. It was weird to suddenly see wall to wall Torbs and Symms while some heroes that were fairly ubiquitous in most games (Moira and Brig, who was still novel) being less common. Sometimes I wish profiles were public again just to see stats for played heroes again and all the different ranks.

McCree is an awful hero. And I got all the idiots insisting on playing him tonight. 3rd lowest win rate in the game, yet somehow doesn't have the pariah status of Symm or Torb? Don't get it.

Last match summed him up perfectly, we're struggling against a team until the moment their Widow goes McCree and suddenly it feels like we're 6v5 so we stomp them.

Also, after 18 lootboxes with not even an non-event Legendary, I get one. Fucking Doomfish. Typical.

3rd lowest win rate in the game, yet somehow doesn't have the pariah status of Symm or Torb? Don't get it.
    He's hitscan. Basically that.

I don't think McCree is a bad hero, I think he's just a hero that has a pretty high skill floor (due to his slow fire and small magazine) that is unfortunately coupled with a broad popularity across all skill levels. All the people picking him at average and below average ranks probably unfairly inflate his loss ratio because if you can't aim well on him you might as well be afk in base.

I like McCree but I would pretty much never pick him over Soldier or Bastion for a hitscan since at least I can make up for my subpar aim by spraying bullets on them. You can't do that with McCree. People try, though!

(as an aside: with private profiles, how exactly is win rate accurately calculated anymore?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Got this on PS4 since I'm making the switch from PC to Console for MP gaming...

I'm glad there is no text chat after the game I just had.

Volskaya. We were set to win and with 10 seconds to go on the first point because 5/6 of the team decided to camp their spawn we fucking threw. Not just the point but the entire game.

Tried to go back and 1v1 Tracer as Lucio but no luck. People who lack map awareness irritate me the most because it's them acting like CoD players and camping that threw us the match despite me spamming "GROUP UP".
    My experience this tier has been:

Placements - 6-4, end up 1550. Lose endlessly down to 1380. Win endlessly up to 1615. Lose endlessly down to 1360. Currently on win streak, back up to 1450.

And many of my games are like you described. I distinctly remember one where I was with a group of three that just.blatantly.charged the offense when on D. Me in chat:

"Where are you going?"
    "They are going to flank us and take it"
    "You guys are all over the place come back"

No response. I sit back at base, suddenly see 4 of them coming from my right, gg.

My strategies for rising keep changing. For a while it was, play Moira. Then I suddenly couldn't buy a win as Moira. Now my strat is to switch between Moira, Lucio, Brigitte, and Mercy as seems appropriate, and switch early and often in games. I need to learn Ana . When I tank, Rein every day all day, then if not Rein, Orisa (even if other tank is Rein). When I dps, I play soldier just because he's versatile. I'm not expecting to carry as dps but I want to be able to slow down their most dangerous player and soldier often gives me a good chance at doing that. If I'm not getting healed I have no problem switching to Moira or Lucio to add in a 3rd support, that has won me some games.

My playstyle is definitely not aggressive. I have a 2.8 E/D ratio across all heroes, and according to overbuff I'm generally low on damage but also low on on deaths and high on objective time because I don't overextend and my teammates do all the time. I feel like I'm consistently one of the better players in my games but I can't carry, so I haven't been able to really move the needle. It's frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

I just got permanently banned. I don't know why. I'm a model citizen in games, and haven't ever been suspended in other games before.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I just got permanently banned. I don't know why. I'm a model citizen in games, and haven't ever been suspended in other games before.
    If you truly don't know why you should contact Blizz for appeal, if there turns out to be no valid reason it ought to get revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Only thing that will permaban you is using third party software, whether that’s aimbots or Visor or whatever. If you haven’t used these, it’s all you can do to call them and appeal.