1. #9641
    I placed pretty low again but that put me on a winning streak so big that I don't want to play anymore because I know I am in for a losing streak of epic proportions soon.

  2. #9642
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I placed pretty low again but that put me on a winning streak so big that I don't want to play anymore because I know I am in for a losing streak of epic proportions soon.
    Just never play on the weekends. You’d think I’d learn my lesson, but after starting the season at 2800+ I played multiple games over the weekend just to fall to 2525 without changing my playstyle at all. Now it’s Tuesday and I’m mid 2600 range and climbing again. Always seems that no matter what, I lose more on weekends than any other time of the week.

  3. #9643
    People's toxicity is making me question playing healer so much.

  4. #9644
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    People's toxicity is making me question playing healer so much.
    I’ve actually had 2 games today where people have complained about heals. One of them our Reaper said “I’d say something but they usually get mad and quit healing completely.”
    In response, I asked the other team what their gold healing was at and the high was 3k whereas ours was 9k. Yeah, our healers sure were slacking.

  5. #9645
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’ve actually had 2 games today where people have complained about heals. One of them our Reaper said “I’d say something but they usually get mad and quit healing completely.”
    In response, I asked the other team what their gold healing was at and the high was 3k whereas ours was 9k. Yeah, our healers sure were slacking.
    It would be fine if that was the case, but no it's the fucking people and their sarcastic ass endorsements.

  6. #9646
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’ve actually had 2 games today where people have complained about heals. One of them our Reaper said “I’d say something but they usually get mad and quit healing completely.”
    In response, I asked the other team what their gold healing was at and the high was 3k whereas ours was 9k. Yeah, our healers sure were slacking.
    It's always the flankers who are never nearby (but can't keep themselves alive) that complain about healing.

    No shit I didn't heal you, I was fighting by the objective with everyone else while you were off fucking around somewhere else. If you want to go harass on the backlines or whatever, you're responsible for keeping your own ass alive. I can't heal you across the map and through walls.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  7. #9647
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's always the flankers who are never nearby (but can't keep themselves alive) that complain about healing.
    I resent this. I’m a main tank and I regularly complain about healing.

    In fact the other day I bitched at our Ana for sniping and told them to just go Widow. Right call, they did and they were pretty good.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-11-07 at 11:57 PM.

  8. #9648
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,858
    I do get tanks that complain, but usually the tanks are in the teamfight and so they actually are getting healed. The genji who is off doing his own thing 100% of the time pretty much is never in LoS so he's valid in his complaint about no heals. The problem is just that its his own damn fault

    Amusingly, right in line with this, I just played a game where a flanker was whining about no heals. It's true that he wasn't getting a ton but he was usually either out of range, out of line of sight, or charging out solo when the rest of the team was dead or regrouping. So round two everyone who wasn't him picked a healer because LOL.

    We won.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  9. #9649
    Re: the discussion above - 99% of flankers, mostly Genji players, endlessly complain about healing when there's no way you could realistically heal them without ditching the rest of your team and very likely dying yourself before even getting to them. But once in a blue moon I've met Genjis who go about their business, then come back to you to get topped up and bounce away again, rinse and repeat like clockwork. I was more than happy to heal them asap when they came in range so they could go again. I wish they weren't such a rarity.

  10. #9650
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Re: the discussion above - 99% of flankers, mostly Genji players, endlessly complain about healing when there's no way you could realistically heal them without ditching the rest of your team and very likely dying yourself before even getting to them. But once in a blue moon I've met Genjis who go about their business, then come back to you to get topped up and bounce away again, rinse and repeat like clockwork. I was more than happy to heal them asap when they came in range so they could go again. I wish they weren't such a rarity.
    I’m not sure I heal enough to really have much of a view, and when I do I often use Zen so topping off a Genji is precisely zero effort for free ult charge. He can be difficult with Ana, but you kind of get used to it. If I’m playing Moira *try* to put my Orbs in their direction but that can be a total crap shoot. The only real problem I had was with Mercy because I’d just end up overextended and dead, and I’d scold myself for being an idiot chasing them. :/

    But otherwise I don’t pay that much attention while I’m in another role which is usually the case.

  11. #9651
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I’m not sure I heal enough to really have much of a view, and when I do I often use Zen so topping off a Genji is precisely zero effort for free ult charge. He can be difficult with Ana, but you kind of get used to it. If I’m playing Moira *try* to put my Orbs in their direction but that can be a total crap shoot. The only real problem I had was with Mercy because I’d just end up overextended and dead, and I’d scold myself for being an idiot chasing them. :/

    But otherwise I don’t pay that much attention while I’m in another role which is usually the case.
    Yeah when this happened I was on Mercy. Naturally Zen and Ana, even Brigitte and Moira can do this from some ways away, and it's easier for Lúcio to get relatively safely into weird places without flight point requirement Mercy has - but in his case leaving the rest of your team without heals is often not the best choice. However, aside from Moira's orb it still requires direct LoS and waiting for them to actually appear in the distance for that half a second at the height of their jump or when they dash across before they go out of LoS again and land your heal(s) there while trying to take care of others is fucking annoying. If they at least, quite rarely as well, perch somewhere in your LoS to get healing, then yeah it usually ain't hard. But you can't heal what you can't see.

    Addition: In fact I tend to spend quite a bit of time obsessively shuffling to try and get Genjis in my LoS when the rest of the team doesn't need me atm, because I actually do want to heal them. Too bad most of them are excellent at avoiding me, more so than enemies (yes I know they probably don't do it on purpose but it's still damn frustrating).
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-11-08 at 04:59 PM.

  12. #9652
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,858
    Yeah, I'm not bitching about genjis that check in periodically and are competent enough to keep themselves alive between those times. I'm happy to toss a heal on folks in LoS; I want to heal people so I'm going to do my best with what makes sense in the circumstance. I really mean those that are off in some side room or super overextended, out of range and out of LoS, spamming "I need healing" until they die, which they then repeat as soon as they rez. And then eventually they start complaining about not getting any healing.

    (also it's not always an issue of me but unable to get to them; there's plenty of times when even if they are semi-close, I don't want to fly or skate over to one flanker when the other four people are right next to me and need heals too, or I dont want to throw an orb that way again if I need it for the group heals where I am)

    In my totally anecdotal experience, Widows seem the best about peaking or jumping down for heals but Genjis and Doomfists are just terrible. Tracers, Reapers, etc, seem to have an easier time taking care of themselves. I'm seeing it a lot with Hams lately too, actually, which is a double edged sword; on one hand, he should be better at both survival and escaping, but on the other hand, he takes a lot longer to top off when he comes back near dead, if he makes it back.

    I just wish more players would understand that we want to heal, that's why we are playing healers, so if you are not getting healed, there is probably a reason for it and maybe also something you can do to help it actually happen. We're not trying to snub people. I don't want anyone to die.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  13. #9653
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I just wish more players would understand that we want to heal, that's why we are playing healers, so if you are not getting healed, there is probably a reason for it and maybe also something you can do to help it actually happen. We're not trying to snub people. I don't want anyone to die.
    This, so much. It should be common sense but it really isn't, people seem to think we're just not healing on purpose or are too dumb to heal or some shit. Aside from the things above the most infuriating classic is when you're being flanked and fighting for your life because nobody else gives a damn about *you* and then they bitch about the lack of heals...

    "Sometimes I'm not sure why even bother", indeed.
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-11-09 at 03:13 AM.

  14. #9654
    And the blame heal meme is still going. Loving how it shifted from tanks, to damage, to now heals.
    Last game just played with people who said they just played with the worst healers in months, which is hilarious as I watch our 2 dive tanks on defense go in 1 at a time so spaced out that Ana can grenade them both, our damage dealers get hit constantly behind the support by flankers and complain the heals aren’t pocketing them during a team fight, all the while not one of them tries to help the support who get dived by the enemy team Winston and Hammond.
    It’s always a sad day when our tanks die against 1 damage and 2 support while our damage dealers get picked by 1 flanker while our support are trying to stay alive and grouped with everyone while 2 tanks beat on them.

  15. #9655


    This fucking hero is the best thing since ketchup... doesn't often feel very useful compared to other tanks, but is so fucking fun to play with.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  16. #9656
    cant wait for the day they do a fucking MMR reset....

  17. #9657
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,858
    I don't think they'll ever do a forced MMR reset. And I can understand why they don't want to allow it as an optional since generally the more data, the more accurate it is, and people would probably abuse the fuck out of it.

    That said, I wish they allowed it as an option at least like... once a year. That way people couldn't just do it constantly and exploit it for smurfing or whatever, while still offering something to people feel like they've fucked up their MMR beyond saving and want to get a fresh start. Give it an insane "cooldown," whatever, just do something.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  18. #9658
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    cant wait for the day they do a fucking MMR reset....
    Yeah, same. Having my second account at 3600 and my main at 2800 is not fun. Impossible to climb out of Plat, as you have about 50% wins, and even with my best 9 win 1 draw in placement, it won't get you out of it. However, a fresh second account, gets a fresh treatment and a fresh (technically a reset) of MMR, and hence a much higher rating.

    This is why comp is so extremely broken. Sure, I have more fun in comp on my second account, but I don't care about it, I got no skins etc. I care about my main, but even tho I play in master on second acc, it's not enough to get one out of plat. Maybe if I had mained DPS but as support, no way.

  19. #9659
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think they'll ever do a forced MMR reset. And I can understand why they don't want to allow it as an optional since generally the more data, the more accurate it is, and people would probably abuse the fuck out of it.

    That said, I wish they allowed it as an option at least like... once a year. That way people couldn't just do it constantly and exploit it for smurfing or whatever, while still offering something to people feel like they've fucked up their MMR beyond saving and want to get a fresh start. Give it an insane "cooldown," whatever, just do something.
    but they have to... right now placement games are the most pointless thing this game has to offer... oh hey you ended ur last season at 2500 ? Nice now you won 9 out of 10 games. Hey look we placed you right back at 2400 ...

    my second account sits on 2900-3200 which isnt high but for the time i play this Game im ok with it. my "Main" sits on 2100-2800 since i have so many games where i just end up playing the "fill-role" and watching DPS doing silly Stuff...

    I could climb out of it if i realy wanted to... but ffs no thanks i dont wanna spend god knows how many hours on that.

  20. #9660
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,858
    Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    but they have to... right now placement games are the most pointless thing this game has to offer... oh hey you ended ur last season at 2500 ? Nice now you won 9 out of 10 games. Hey look we placed you right back at 2400 ...

    my second account sits on 2900-3200 which isnt high but for the time i play this Game im ok with it. my "Main" sits on 2100-2800 since i have so many games where i just end up playing the "fill-role" and watching DPS doing silly Stuff...

    I could climb out of it if i realy wanted to... but ffs no thanks i dont wanna spend god knows how many hours on that.
    I don't disagree with absolutely any of that. I'm not arguing that Blizzard shouldn't do it, I'm arguing that they won't.

    I highly doubt that Blizzard will voluntarily delete all that data for users. I also think they will argue -- not completely incorrectly -- that the more data you base MMR off of, the more accurate it should be, and that deleting that data will make MMR for many people worse. In theory, the former is true and the latter is probably definitely going to be the case for the many users who do have fairly accurately calculated MMR.

    It's just extremely frustrating for those who have fucked up our MMR and for whom the prospect of fixing it is especially daunting because it means a huge amount of games to fix (games that may also be painfully unfun due to the inaccuracy). That's why I think a good compromise is a voluntary MMR reset that is allowed infrequently. I don't know that Blizzard would even do that, but I'd like it.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •