Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Ashe is great. For a Widow player who never really set with McCree or 76 as someone to go to when fighting got too close she ticks so many boxes. I mean, basically she’s Ana without having to heal, and a bit more mobility so I’m sure you’ll enjoy.

It’s also nice to not get a hero that’s trying to fix the game. As much as I love Sombra, she’s never really fit in because she was designed to fix problems like Barriers and Turrets which never existed as problems and she never fit that role well anyway. It’s taken Doomfist being OP to give her a purpose; which is a pretty lame purpose especially since he’s nerfed to the ground on PTR.

Brig’s also been nerfed to the ground and it looks like all CC is in their sights going by a recent post from Geoff, so it looks like we’re heading back hard for a lot of dive heroes, which means Ashe will be pretty useless as she gets destroyed by them. Enjoy her while you can.

As for the other new heroes, I think Moira was a fine addition. Hammond and Orisa are a bit of a wasted effort. I mean Hammond is fun but terrible, and Orisa is function and not very good; but like most Tanks they just haven’t had much development attention which shows the arguments over “we just need more tanks” are BS - we got more tanks but they suck and no one wants to play them.

Sure Doomfist and Brig have been problematic. But they should have seen that coming with Roadhog 1.0.
    I disagree about Hammond, he can be extremely devastating in the right hands and his ult is a lot better at area denial than Torb's. Hammond requires a lot more skill to be effective at diving in and causing havoc compared to D.Va and Winston, so it's far more likely that it's just most people you see playing Hammond are just bad at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is the new character Ashe? I've been gone since a little after Brigitte came out. I loved the original roster and to me the biggest let down is the new characters. I thought everyone after Ana was basically terrible.
    I agree with you! I really dislike Sombra, Doomfist, Orisa, Brigitte and Hammond. They add too much CC, which there alread was enough of before them.

Moira was great tho, and Ashe seems kinda nice too!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Nobody wants to Tank anymore.
    Tanking is a thankless job. Healing is a thankless job. I can't tank very well so I just heal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I disagree about Hammond, he can be extremely devastating in the right hands and his ult is a lot better at area denial than Torb's. Hammond requires a lot more skill to be effective at diving in and causing havoc compared to D.Va and Winston, so it's far more likely that it's just most people you see playing Hammond are just bad at him.
    I've just watched one of the videos of the OW World championship and there seemed to be a lot of Hammond use. Didn't see Orisa ever I don't think. That said I wasn't watching the Grand Finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I know I like to moan about the broken placement system and peoples attitude in silver (Last season crawled my arse out of that shit hole bronze up into mid gold); but I did this seasons placement games and placed in 2300. Happy enough with that. dropped to 2100, went back up, dropped again all fine.

The last 72 hours though fuck me. The people I'm getting placed with is just insane. Hand on heart I'd say I've lost 4 games or so from being outplayed, no issues they just played better than our best. 2300 down to 1650 as of this morning.

Honestly, the toxic, I've never seen it so bad. And none of them have the skills to go with the attitude. If it isn't leavers 1 minute into a game it's just general arguments before the game even starts. People running 5 dps then raging at me for not healing quick enough etc.

I'm essentially finding myself forced to play a different champion if we want any hope of winning. Then I get games like I just had, they let me DPS and went 2-2-2. Carried that shit on reaper / sombra so easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to give up. Nobody wants to Tank anymore and I seem to have slipped into trying to carrying peoples' Bronze friends territory. 22% healing card with Zen. How does that even happen?

How do people not understand that 3 support without 3 tanks is a waste of time?

What in hell is Mei doing complaining about a lack of damage? Mei is why there's no damage.

Seems also now that "Join VC" has become a massive red flag as well. Someone asks that, guaranteed loss.
    30% the other day for me.... I only got off one decent transcendence too -.-
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Tanking is a thankless job. Healing is a thankless job. I can't tank very well so I just heal instead.
    I play 2-5 characters from each role and I've stopped tanking altogether not because it's thankless but because the frustrations are unacceptable. Rein gets bounced around all over the fucking place, and the other tanks feel bad to play.

"fucking retarded team, if that motherfucking sombra would have been killed she wouldnt have gotten those 2 ticks"

Playing Sombra on Anubis attack. Had to take first 2 ticks on second point on my own as my team had WM+Hanzo main+Ashe vs a Winston and also got outsniped. My team barely got out of spawn, so I "only" had to play around with the lonely Ana defending the point and her allies whenever they ran out of spawn or ran back when I started taking the point.
    Then some of the snipers left and the new additions took healers or non-snipers so we finally got the last tick.

Still I got no recognition from my team... but from the enemy team, so I'll take that I guess.

love it when people can't aim and kill phara but still insist to play ashe (or any other hitscan)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    love it when people can't aim and kill phara but still insist to play ashe (or any other hitscan)
    to be fair, if they can't aim, they're going to do even worse on someone who shoots projectiles. They're better off on a hitscan.

(although Ashe is probably a bad choice there)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    to be fair, if they can't aim, they're going to do even worse on someone who shoots projectiles. They're better off on a hitscan.

(although Ashe is probably a bad choice there)
    You can still spam chokes with pharah, you'll hit something a fair proportion of the time.

Very painful indeed. Again, no one wants to play tanks and healers. Which I don't get, as they can be some of the most fun characters.

But yee gods, playing rein is painful. You just push, die, push die, push die....

I am the only one that thinks Bob has a bit too much health? It's also way too easy for Ashe to get PotG -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Bob definitely has a shitton of health, but I think that's because they don't want the strategy to be kill Bob, they want the strategy to be hide from Bob (or maybe tank Bob or something like that).

But yeah if they're intention is that kill Bob is a viable strategy, his healthpool is insane so it's a waste of time to even try to get through that before he runs off.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Bob feels like the only truly threatening part of Ashe's kit, to me at least. Which is great, just what we need, more shit designed around the retard button

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I am the only one that thinks Bob has a bit too much health? It's also way too easy for Ashe to get PotG -.-
    Depending of the rating, Bob can be CC, an at this moment almost every game run a ana witch can hard counter ashe ultimate, but on low rating player trend to break the sleep so.

Man, this game is infuriating me lately. Since my placement matches I have not won a single competitive game. continuously get paired with shit people...I've dropped 200 rating and ready to punch people in the face whenever I play this game now. Sad part is it's not even just in comp that I feel im getting crappy teammates....if I solo queue for quick play or any arcade mode most of the players I encounter are just pure dogshit at the game. It just makes a very frustrating feeling as well as a feeling of disdain for the game. Maybe it's time to uninstall for a while again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hadn't played OW since the Christmas event last year, so I did a few games today. Ashe is a lot of fun. I've heard about Doomfist being really annoying and I can see it. I think I'll keep playing for a while, got burned out last time.

How's Junkrat nowadays? Got bored to death playing this game when it came out but i did find some fun in JR, his kit is very nice and allows me to make huge outplays

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    How's Junkrat nowadays? Got bored to death playing this game when it came out but i did find some fun in JR, his kit is very nice and allows me to make huge outplays
    You can still do bullshit annoying Junkrat things.

Its been hell honestly, 2 years ago the game was toooo good but some of the nerfs and buffs are unfair. BUFF ROADHOG SHOTGUN PLEASE THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by blaster View Post
    Its been hell honestly, 2 years ago the game was toooo good but some of the nerfs and buffs are unfair. BUFF ROADHOG SHOTGUN PLEASE THANKS.
    His gun was just buffed in the latest patch, among other things - https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news...c/#patch-52926