Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Actually I’ve seen a lot of higher ranked players saying that they have alt accounts that are hard stuck in Gold.
    Can you cite that? Of course it's not just git gud, it's git gud and also play enough games. If you only play 10 games you're not gonna climb out of anywhere, but if you are good and you play well consistently your SR will reflect this. No GM player is hardstuck in gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no I’m not going to trawl through months and months of forum posts for comments that come up largely in passing.

Yeah, no I’m not going to trawl through months and months of forum posts for comments that come up largely in passing.
    I'd assume if having accounts hardstuck in gold was even a remote possibility it'd be quite easy to find a twitch clip or youtube video where this is easily cited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    No, that is how this rating system works. I have friends who say it is impossible to get out of silver. I play their accounts and then after a few days of playing on it they are in platinum, could be in diamond if I kept playing on their accounts. They can't stay in platinum and go back down to silver and blame it on their teammates instead of owing up to their skill not being good enough to be in platinum.
    Then it depends entirely on the role you're playing.

If you're a dps, yeah, it's a lot more doable to climb in the rankings. If you're a tank or support main, it isn't.

Either way, yes, that is how the system works. This is a TEAM based game. If you're team fails, you are going
    to fail (unless you're a very skilled dps, and even then, you're bound to have some trouble at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    So how come people who are good can climb out of the lower tiers? You don't see GMs hardstuck in gold, because they thrash everyone and win.
    DPS mains.

No, that's not true. Some knowledge of probability and statistics would tell you that you have a larger impact on your ability to climb than your teammates.
    It is true. In a TEAM based game, the performance of the team (including yourself) is what ultimately wins
    the game. If someone (or multiple) people are pure garbage, your game is now significantly more difficult
    to impossible to win, since now it depends on how good or bad the opposite team is. Since draws don't
    happen all that often, you'll find that most of the time, teams aren't going to be even. Given how fucking
    incompetent OW's MM is, the real question in every game is how many bad players are in each team. The
    one with the most throwers, leavers, insta-lockers, toxic one is the loser, and the one that has the least,
    and maybe a smurf here or there, is the winner.

The game absolutely blames you for the terrible performance of other players, which is absolutely unfair.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-01-12 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

If you're a dps, yeah, it's a lot more doable to climb in the rankings. If you're a tank or support main, it isn't.

Either way, yes, that is how the system works. This is a TEAM based game. If you're team fails, you are going
    to fail (unless you're a very skilled dps, and even then, you're bound to have some trouble at some point).
    No, it doesn't. I've played healers, I've played tanks and I've played DPS. If you are meant to gain rating, you will gain rating. If you are not meant to gain rating, you won't and it doesn't matter what you play. The character that is easiest for me to gain rating with is if I just play Roadhog. Not a DPS.

It is true. In a TEAM based game, the performance of the team (including yourself) is what ultimately wins
    the game. If someone (or multiple) people are pure garbage, your game is now significantly more difficult
    to impossible to win, since now it depends on how good or bad the opposite team is.
    If you are supposed to gain rating, you are better than the bad players and thus your team has an advantage but if you're not better than them then you either are where you should be or you are too high and will go down in rating.

The game absolutely blames you for the terrible performance of other players, which is absolutely unfair.
    No, it doesn't. Your own performance is what affects how much rating you win or lose up until diamond. If you perform very good, you will gain rating very fast. If you perform really bad, you will lose rating fast. When I play my friends account it doesn't matter if I lose 4 games in a row, if I won one I gained more rating than was lost when losing 4 games.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2019-01-12 at 03:55 PM.

Where are you getting these postulates from? It's no harder or easier to carry as anything, generally, maybe sustain-y heroes like soldier, road, mei are easier to abuse for SR in the lower ELOs but generally you have to just play better than your enemy counterpart.

I found climbing as D.Va/Zarya incredibly easy (at least up to diamond), and some support mains argue carrying as an Ana is entirely possible if you're good and use comms. Trying to climb as DPS is aids just because people scream for you to switch every other game, which makes climbing for me harder because I just stop using comms. Also, climbing as Brig is literally the easiest thing in the world, anything below 2900 and they just fall over when you pick Brig and roll them off the point.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    No, not DPS mains. Anything mains. Good players are good, whatever they main, with brand new accounts they can play Tank/Supp/whatever and still place masters after placements. Expecting to carry as DPS is the gold mentality and that makes games garbage when everyone jumps on DPS and then screams at everyone else to switch.

Yes, the performance of the team determines whether you win or lose, this is entirely correct. But on average, the enemy team is more likely to have garbage players than you are, assuming of course, you are not garbage. If you are playing at the correct SR, you will win on average, 50% of your games. If you are playing better, you will climb, if you are playing worse, you will drop.

I've found the Overwatch MMR system to work pretty well, on my second account I placed just under my main playing DPS rather than tank. Generally if I play well I go on win streaks and if I'm playing poorly I'll go on loss streaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't.
    Yes, it does.

snip
    No.

snip
    Yes, it does.

No, not DPS mains. Anything mains. Good players are good, whatever they main, with brand new accounts they can play Tank/Supp/whatever and still place masters after placements. Expecting to carry as DPS is the gold mentality and that makes games garbage when everyone jumps on DPS and then screams at everyone else to switch.
    Absolutely untrue. A godlike healer doesn't carry the game. Not unless the rest of the team is at least, mildly competent.
    A team of average to less than average can absolutely be carried by a high level dps player. I've been on the receiving end
    and won with high level dps who would absolutely carry the entire game. No healer has ever been the cause of my team
    losing. It has always been because of a dps shredding everyone, and vice versa.

Yes, the performance of the team determines whether you win or lose, this is entirely correct. But on average, the enemy team is more likely to have garbage players than you are, assuming of course, you are not garbage. If you are playing at the correct SR, you will win on average, 50% of your games. If you are playing better, you will climb, if you are playing worse, you will drop.
    And if you are playing optimally to your ability, and the team doesn't, guess what happens? You are penalized for it
    by losing just as much as them.

I've found the Overwatch MMR system to work pretty well
    We are going to vehemently disagree on that one.

snip
    You've never seen a good Ana play if you think they can't carry.

And yes, even if you're playing god-like and hard carrying you may still lose. This however, will be rare. This is why you have to play many games to climb, you'll never win every single game unless you're a GM widow/hanzo playing in Bronze/Silver where you can headshot your way to victory. Once people are semi-competant, however, you will indeed need more than 1 competent player to achieve victory.

I feel like this is just gonna go around in circles, but feel free to continue blaming your team and being hardstuck in plat, I guess. In the mean time I'll continue enjoying OW and climbing as my ability improves. Good players are busy doing the same.

I see a lot of people complaining about Overwatch matchmaking and it has become clear to me that you all think you are the center of the universe.

I am a Grandmaster player, when I started I was bronze equivalent(rating system functioned differently at the beginning of Overwatch.) I want to push top 500 and I know I am not good enough to get that yet, so I focus on my gameplay and what I can do to turn myself from middling GM to t500, this is the attitude that I took from when I started and to now.

If you cannot climb it is because you belong in the rank you are in. At present I have 3 alternate accounts that I have placed at various ranks intentionally: 1 in Bronze/Silver for the lulz and doing silly shit + playing with my friend at that SR range, 1 in gold/plat/diamond flux for one tricking bastion and 1 in masters for playing Genji. I am by my standards, bad at Genji. I have in previous seasons on those accounts just played them to GM to see how easily I could do it.

tldr: Stop whining, learn to be positive, learn to communicate things you see to your team, focus on aspects of your gameplay that you can improve. If you do these things, you will climb SR.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-12 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Bad, they really need to add a region for only english speakers. Having germans, french or russian ppl who won't speak english nor understand it makes for terrible matchmaking. Russians should preferably be confined to their own server.

We are going to vehemently disagree on that one.
    That's not so much disagreement as denial. If you can't rise in rating then you are not better than the rating you are at. If you are dropping in rating then you are not good enough for the rating you are at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    tldr: Stop whining, learn to be positive, learn to communicate things you see to your team, focus on aspects of your gameplay that you can improve. If you do these things, you will climb SR.
    I just mute chat and voice chat most of the time. No good being on either playing on SEA servers. I gained rating from doing that.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...-on-sea/164662

People like this who will attack you for being Vietnamese, racist rants all game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've never seen a good Ana play if you think they can't carry.
    They can't by themselves. If the rest of the team is at least average, then sure, a very good Ana can help
    them immensely, since at the very most, they're competent enough.

And yes, even if you're playing god-like and hard carrying you may still lose.
    Oh of course. But your team would have to be playing absolutely abysmally in order for that to happen.
    2 teams that are equivalent in skill but one has a high level smurf should always have the smurf win,
    barring a hail mary ultimate.

I feel like this is just gonna go around in circles, but feel free to continue blaming your team and being hardstuck in plat, I guess. In the mean time I'll continue enjoying OW and climbing as my ability improves. Good players are busy doing the same.
    If any of that was true, then there wouldn't be so many complaints about Overwatch's match making system, and Blizzard themselves
    wouldn't have to explain the need to improve it, state that they understand the frustrations and problems it has, and so on. The devs
    have outright said that the system isn't working as intended. So you and anyone else who keeps harping the same bullshit about the
    system working fine and so on, continue to be flat out wrong. Plenty of streamers and even some pros state that MM is absolute trash
    at all levels. Even gaming websites have complained about the state of the system.

And one of their complaints being that it is very difficult to improve when your constantly being paired with fucktards. I certainly
    will struggle every single season after 5 or 6 all because of the bullshit this system does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I see a lot of people complaining about Overwatch matchmaking and it has become clear to me that you all think you are the center of the universe.
    Or MAYBE, just MAYBE, there's something valid that they're all complaining about?

I don't know, maybe you need to pay better attention and stop being blind.

I am a Grandmaster player, when I started I was bronze equivalent[I](rating system functioned differently at the beginning of Overwatch.)
    From here on, the rest of what you say is irrelevant.

If you cannot climb it is because you belong in the rank you are in.
    This is already false. Next.

Stop whining, learn to be positive
    The complaints are valid, and it is impossible to be positive when the game consistently shits on you every single time you play,
    and regardless of how little, or how much you play, nothing changes and it continues to do so.

learn to communicate things you see to your team, focus on aspects of your gameplay that you can improve. If you do these things, you will climb SR.
    I do this to the best of my ability every game. When the teammates I have do the same, we can win, or draw.

Unfortunately, the system fucking sucks, and purposely fucks you left and right. No matter how well I play, I can't
    climb, and the fuckwits who have no business playing competitive are to blame. Every time.

That's not so much disagreement as denial. If you can't rise in rating then you are not better than the rating you are at. If you are dropping in rating then you are not good enough for the rating you are at.
    I'm not in denial, but you are flat out ignorant, and absolutely in the wrong. So since we both think the other is wrong,
    its not worth beating ourselves over this point.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-01-12 at 10:16 PM.

snip
    I literally have nothing to say to this except that SR is reflective of your ability to play the game well. If your SR is low, play more, or get better.

It took me 6.5 seasons to go from Bronze to Grandmaster. If I can do it, why are there people acting like it is impossible to get better and climb?

I guess denial and toxicity is easier than introspection.

Katie, I'm sorry that people mistreat you because of your race, instead of muting comms you could try finding about 10 people to play with and stay in group comms, 10 is usually enough to have 1-2 always on in my experience.
    ---
    Tell you guys what, post an average match playing your main and I will tell you what you can work on to climb some SR. No charge. Include what SR you think you should be.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-12 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I uninstalled again. I've never played game in which I can have a blast playing it for a few weeks and then it turns to pure hatred.

- - - Updated - - -

Except its not. I have two accounts, I play the same. One can not get our of silver no matter how I play in placement matches. The other is high plat.
    Placement matches? You only play 10 games per season and expect to rank up an alt?
    And there's a reason your ELO is low, main or alt, it's because your play is not consistent, so forgive me if I do not believe your play is the same across both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I uninstalled again. I've never played game in which I can have a blast playing it for a few weeks and then it turns to pure hatred.

- - - Updated - - -

Except its not. I have two accounts, I play the same. One can not get our of silver no matter how I play in placement matches. The other is high plat.
    Screenshot stats on all heroes on both accounts, I don't believe this can be possible. I can walk around on a silver rein's head without being noticed, plats as unsynergetic/badaim as they are don't let me do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume if having accounts hardstuck in gold was even a remote possibility it'd be quite easy to find a twitch clip or youtube video where this is easily cited.
    Then feel free to look yourself.

Then feel free to look yourself.
    Sure, I'll look for evidence that an entirely unreasonable assertion from someone on the internet might rarely be true. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    And we should take your word for it as well? That's some backwards logic you have there.

I've seen it posted on this thread a few times from different posters how they can have more
    than one account and yet both accounts will never be at the same rank.

So unless they just forgot hwo to play on that second account, there's all the proof you need.

The only examples I've seen of this happening are boosted healer mains, who pretty much always get punted back down to where they belong if they stop queuing only with their carry.

I am still waiting for the proof.

I guarantee that the stats aren't the same between accounts and more on point there isn't much of a difference between:

Bronze - Silver
    Gold - Plat - Low Diamond
    High Diamond - Low Masters