1. #9721
    Found out today that Blizz does permaban if you curse out trolls and throwers enough. Because I'm the problem here /s

    I'm honestly too tired of dealing with leavers, throwers, and trolls to even be particularly upset, even though I had 500+ levels in the game and all the Mercy skins. Guess it's just a sign I should be using my time more productively anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

  2. #9722
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Found out today that Blizz does permaban if you curse out trolls and throwers enough. Because I'm the problem here /s

    I'm honestly too tired of dealing with leavers, throwers, and trolls to even be particularly upset, even though I had 500+ levels in the game and all the Mercy skins. Guess it's just a sign I should be using my time more productively anyway.
    Yeah, i have similar view of the game, if you tell anyone how to play or what to play (throwers) they just might report you with their friends and its over for you. Blizzard is doing hitler policy atm, so better just let em rot in hell if they do not care about players who actually care about winning. This whole casual and friendly aspect of kids games style is so sad atm, there is always toxic on competitive gaming no matter if you ban ppl who are "toxic".

  3. #9723
    Not sure why people are stating Blizz is using Hitler tactics. So far in this forum I’m just seeing people complain that they got temp/perma banned for being toxic to toxic people. The difference is they got reported and didn’t report anything themselves.
    Not to be a jerk, but if someone is throwing or being a toxic jerk, try and ignore them and just report their behavior and move on. I understand, it’s difficult and something I struggled with myself when I was playing and sometimes I lost myself and argued and was a jerk back. That said, most of the time I just kept my mouth shut and reported the people. Keeping that in mind, I still quit playing the game because I stopped having fun with most of that being related to people throwing the game, dropping the n word and calling people homophobic names, and just poor personalities. It got so bad I’d say roughly 90% of my games I’d encounter that.
    Bottom line, if you’re not having fun then don’t play and if someone is being toxic to you then you should be the adult and act mature as much as possible, not become just as toxic and sink to their level because obviously they won, didn’t they?

  4. #9724
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not sure why people are stating Blizz is using Hitler tactics. So far in this forum I’m just seeing people complain that they got temp/perma banned for being toxic to toxic people. The difference is they got reported and didn’t report anything themselves.
    Not to be a jerk, but if someone is throwing or being a toxic jerk, try and ignore them and just report their behavior and move on. I understand, it’s difficult and something I struggled with myself when I was playing and sometimes I lost myself and argued and was a jerk back. That said, most of the time I just kept my mouth shut and reported the people. Keeping that in mind, I still quit playing the game because I stopped having fun with most of that being related to people throwing the game, dropping the n word and calling people homophobic names, and just poor personalities. It got so bad I’d say roughly 90% of my games I’d encounter that.
    Bottom line, if you’re not having fun then don’t play and if someone is being toxic to you then you should be the adult and act mature as much as possible, not become just as toxic and sink to their level because obviously they won, didn’t they?
    I'll grant you that I shouldn't have stooped to the level of cursing out the idiots that I've been stuck with, but honestly over the last couple of seasons comp has been almost unplayable for me. I've played since season 3 or so and I've never seen the shit that I've had to put up with the past 2 seasons in comp matches. More leavers, throwers, people spamming chat with stupid shit or being assholes in voicechat so my teams can't coordinate. I report them all but at the end of the day it's a drop in the bucket; I can contribute to having 100 people banned but they come back with alt accounts or others take their places. I could live with having a leaver or thrower once every 10-20 games like in previous seasons, but the past two seasons it's been 1:3 or worse. Maybe it's worse because I go between bronze and silver...are things better in gold and above?

    So was it mature of me to curse them out? No. Did I deserve the ban? It's Blizzard's game and they can do what they want so I have no argument here. Do I regret it? Mainly I just regret sinking as much time as I did into Overwatch. There was a lot I enjoyed about it but it's a shit show at this point and there are plenty of other games out there to play. This automated punishment system is absolutely retarded and heavily abusable too, so eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

  5. #9725
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I'll grant you that I shouldn't have stooped to the level of cursing out the idiots that I've been stuck with, but honestly over the last couple of seasons comp has been almost unplayable for me. I've played since season 3 or so and I've never seen the shit that I've had to put up with the past 2 seasons in comp matches. More leavers, throwers, people spamming chat with stupid shit or being assholes in voicechat so my teams can't coordinate. I report them all but at the end of the day it's a drop in the bucket; I can contribute to having 100 people banned but they come back with alt accounts or others take their places. I could live with having a leaver or thrower once every 10-20 games like in previous seasons, but the past two seasons it's been 1:3 or worse. Maybe it's worse because I go between bronze and silver...are things better in gold and above?

    So was it mature of me to curse them out? No. Did I deserve the ban? It's Blizzard's game and they can do what they want so I have no argument here. Do I regret it? Mainly I just regret sinking as much time as I did into Overwatch. There was a lot I enjoyed about it but it's a shit show at this point and there are plenty of other games out there to play. This automated punishment system is absolutely retarded and heavily abusable too, so eh.
    Don’t misunderstand me as I’m not trying to pick a fight with anyone. As stated, I too fell into the issues of being toxic to those that were toxic to me. I’m just trying to pass on that people should try, TRY, to be the mature person in the dynamic. It benefits a player much more to not let things like this bother them, report the people that are toxic, and just try and take solace that your report will have an effect.
    I used to greatly enjoy Overwatch as well; however, over the last few seasons that enjoyment grinded to a halt. 90% of my games I encountered one of the dynamics that hurt the game for me, whether that was a thrower or just a player or players being toxic. Even games I won were not fun because I still encountered the toxic player that was either too good for our team or audibly announced they didn’t like someone’s character pick so they were going to throw until that player changed.
    Don’t misunderstand, some people will never encounter things like this as they have complete premade groups or they are the toxic ones themselves; but as people we owe it to ourselves to try and be the better person. If that’s not enough for us, then it’s probably time to admit the game isn’t worth the aggravation and move on. It took me multiple seasons to discover that as I just recently quit back around mid to end of October.

  6. #9726
    Did my 10 games, felt like I played my arse off, really pleased with it. Won 8/10 games.

    Placed only 100 SR higher than I finished last season. Wow. makes me really want to grind and tread water, knowing that a few bad throwers can just put me right back where I was.

  7. #9727
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,221
    Placements were horrific. One or no Tanks, playing against boosters, with throwers on my own team. Only a net loss of 20SR for my trouble though, so for as much as they sucked the overall damage wasn't too much.

    Starting to feel like Blizz have just about given up on OW. The loot box model is dead, so they're relying on discounted box sales to make money - obviously the proliferation of smurf accounts isn't doing the game itself any good so just feels like a fire sale before they go full maintenance mode now.

  8. #9728
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    2 normal games 10 troll games

    This Game is just pure Aids

    Why do they never nerf Genji ?? fucking why... they nerf his counter to the fucking ground but never touch this motherfucking God Status

    this Game would be so much better if genji simply didnt exist or much much weaker
    Wait, they Nerfed Moira and Mei? Why?

  9. #9729
    Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,069
    Had 100% winrate on Mercy but it seems like I'll never be able to climb out of Plat, been stuck there for over 5 seasons.

  10. #9730
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Wait, they Nerfed Moira and Mei? Why?
    moira and mei... bitch please. before you do anything meaningful his dragonblade just killed you or half your team and the fights over

  11. #9731
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    moira and mei... bitch please. before you do anything meaningful his dragonblade just killed you or half your team and the fights over
    Congrats, the one situation that Brig would have some issues with too and it just so happens to be his ult. The long cooldown that people understand is good to begin with. Otherwise both can do pretty well vs Genji in a 1v1 situation.

  12. #9732
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Congrats, the one situation that Brig would have some issues with too and it just so happens to be his ult. The long cooldown that people understand is good to begin with. Otherwise both can do pretty well vs Genji in a 1v1 situation.
    No they can't, because he just dashes away if they're not an idiot and kills someone else.

  13. #9733
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No they can't, because he just dashes away if they're not an idiot and kills someone else.
    Doesn't seem like a 1v1 if that happens then.

    EDIT: plus Moira can just heal the other person being targeted while also dealing with him.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2019-01-03 at 02:38 PM.

  14. #9734
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Doesn't seem like a 1v1 if that happens then.

    EDIT: plus Moira can just heal the other person being targeted while also dealing with him.
    She can't heal through RMB spam and Dash. It's one of the fastest combos in the game.

  15. #9735
    Can someone really explain any other reason to this absolutely retarded matchmaking other than that this game forces a loss on people on a win streak at somepoint? I've never, NEVER in 13 season seen a close match. It's always one sided as fuck. Just last match was 5 man premade with a smurf on the other team, with combined SR of 3274. While our team was all solo queued with combined SR of 3235. Just how the fuck is that actually balanced in any way??

  16. #9736
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Don’t misunderstand me as I’m not trying to pick a fight with anyone. As stated, I too fell into the issues of being toxic to those that were toxic to me. I’m just trying to pass on that people should try, TRY, to be the mature person in the dynamic. It benefits a player much more to not let things like this bother them, report the people that are toxic, and just try and take solace that your report will have an effect.
    I used to greatly enjoy Overwatch as well; however, over the last few seasons that enjoyment grinded to a halt. 90% of my games I encountered one of the dynamics that hurt the game for me, whether that was a thrower or just a player or players being toxic. Even games I won were not fun because I still encountered the toxic player that was either too good for our team or audibly announced they didn’t like someone’s character pick so they were going to throw until that player changed.
    Don’t misunderstand, some people will never encounter things like this as they have complete premade groups or they are the toxic ones themselves; but as people we owe it to ourselves to try and be the better person. If that’s not enough for us, then it’s probably time to admit the game isn’t worth the aggravation and move on. It took me multiple seasons to discover that as I just recently quit back around mid to end of October.
    Nah it's all good, I didn't take what you said the wrong way. =) Getting banned actually made me think a lot about my priorities and why the game made me so angry, so all in all it was probably a good thing. Like I said, the frustration for me was that I felt like I was always doing the "right" things (being nice to people, switching to whatever role was needed if others wouldn't, etc.) and I think I just became more and more resentful to the point where I was just angry a lot playing it. Should've stuck with QP since I never got angry playing that but really wanted that third gold weapon. Oh well. Problem is that you can be the bigger person all day long in that game and it changes absolutely nothing, which is a shitty way to feel when you're playing a game to try to relax after work or whatever.

    There's no excuse for the behavior that you've mentioned from other players. The only time I'd "throw" (so to speak) is occasionally if everyone refused to play anything but dps and I'd go "well fuck it, me too." We actually won a comp game I was in with 6 dps which was hilarious but I guess anything is possible in bronze!
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

  17. #9737
    Herald of the Titans Vintersol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germoney
    Posts
    2,704
    I'm just sit in silver and can't getting out of it. Regardless what i play, i can't get further 1800. Gold Kills, gold heals, gold on target... my mates are trash and ruin every game.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

  18. #9738
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I'm just sit in silver and can't getting out of it. Regardless what i play, i can't get further 1800. Gold Kills, gold heals, gold on target... my mates are trash and ruin every game.
    Focus on improving your game and you'll climb, don't worry about your team. Gold medals are generally not a good metric for tracking your own performance in-game.

  19. #9739
    Herald of the Titans Vintersol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germoney
    Posts
    2,704
    You are dependant of the team. If they pick/play like shit, you are doomed. Simple as that.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

  20. #9740
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,221
    Not exactly a positive win rate, but doing okay with Ashe/Widow/Pharah. Not tanking anymore, not until they at least make some kind of overtures towards fixing the shit state they're in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •