1. #9921
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    and you sound like you don't deserve any multiplayer game with your attitude
    No, but thanks for playing. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

  2. #9922
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Sounds like you don't deserve to be playing Ranked then.
    Sounds like you're part of why comp is toxic, wanting to force people to play what they don't want to play.

  3. #9923
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I always pick whatever I want, I've been fluctuating between diamond and masters. Someone tells me to swap? Nah, I'll report them for abusive chat and block them and continue playing what I play. I still maintain diamond/master. I started out in gold 2 years ago. I pick what I want to play, I'm rarely on voice chat, partially due to people not knowing to shut the fuck up, to not scream and then also people who are abusive because I'm a woman. If I was to pick characters I don't like, just because the team wants me to, I'd be stuck in platinum.
    Doesn’t this, in turn, force someone else to play that role? By refusing to play what the team needs you are, in a very real technical sense, making someone else swap for the team.
    Now, I’m not saying you or they are right or wrong, but this shows some of the issues with the game and why I have since stopped playing. The game is very fun, but a problem with the game is the role issue. Many successful team based games that are FPS don’t have actual, rigid roles, and instead focus on everyone playing the same role.
    It’s just silly that to win consistently and push rank, that a certain team comp or Meta is required, and it’s good to say you won’t be forced into playing one of those roles except the one you want, but you have to realize that what you are doing is forcing someone else into that role. Before the arguements come out of “but, but, but I’ve played 5 damage and we’ve won,” (not necessarily you specifically) keep in mind I’ve also seen this happen and I’ve won on teams with 4 support and 2 tanks; but, those games are few and far between.

  4. #9924
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Doesn’t this, in turn, force someone else to play that role?
    No? They can pick what they want as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s just silly that to win consistently and push rank, that a certain team comp or Meta is required
    Uh, what? Unless you're master or above, meta doesn't really matter. People in platinum, hell, even in diamond, don't have the skill to make playing meta picks actually matter.

  5. #9925
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    No? They can pick what they want as well.


    Uh, what? Unless you're master or above, meta doesn't really matter. People in platinum, hell, even in diamond, don't have the skill to make playing meta picks actually matter.
    So you’ve climbed all the way to diamond and masters with everyone always picking what they want? You’ve climbed with a multitude of your games being 4 support with 2 damage or 6 damage or 4 tanks with 2 damage? Or do your games mostly involve you picking what you want and someone else changing to fill in what the team needs? Are you saying they always do that because they want to play that role? Is it just possible they are forced into doing it to go for a win since you are refusing to?
    Also, please don’t twist my words around. I didn’t state “meta only.” You can clearly see what I wrote, which discussed team comp and winning consistently, not just a meta team comp.
    I’m sorry if BiS sounds antagonistic as that is not my goal, just trying to point out that you refusing to pick something to help the team generally leads to someone else having to swap. More than likely, it’s not something they want to do.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-03-29 at 09:48 PM.

  6. #9926
    how the fuck can you even enjoy this shit game anymore.... 1 game in months all my team needs to do is grouping up and we WIN.... they go 1 by 1 for the whole fucking 6minutes we had left

    and the worst part... it was a 5 man stack


    took me only 3 games to deinstall it again.. wow
    Last edited by redf; 2019-03-29 at 07:05 AM.

  7. #9927
    Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    how the fuck can you even enjoy this shit game anymore.... 1 game in months all my team needs to do is grouping up and we WIN.... they go 1 by 1 for the whole fucking 6minutes we had left

    and the worst part... it was a 5 man stack


    took me only 3 games to deinstall it again.. wow
    Game has gone to shit lately.
    Quick Play is more competetive than actual Comp.
    People refuse to communicate or actually play the game, its a huge mess and unfun.
    Safe to say, ive quit playing support, cant be assed trying anymore.

    Time to let Titanic sink

  8. #9928
    So what can the OW team do about people going in 1 by 1? I mean they can't control everything the players do that is "making the game" shit.

  9. #9929
    High Overlord rystrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    181
    I'm down like 400 sr this season just in the past week or so. My teams keep getting cucked and tilted, and end up playing like shit last push.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

  10. #9930
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Sounds like you're part of why comp is toxic, wanting to force people to play what they don't want to play.
    Its not about forcing people to play what they don't want to play, it's about understanding (which you don't)
    that this is a ******team***** based game, which means that you must work together with your team in
    order to win.

    Your selfish attitude of playing what you want and only what you want is itself, very toxic. Because you are
    being immediately selfish, unreliable, and unwilling to work with your team.

    I've started games as one role and switched to others if the team needed it or asked, because I am a team
    player. As much as I'd love to just play Torb all the time, I know that the character is weak on certain maps
    and is weak against certain enemy comps. If I am not doing well in one role, I either try a different character,
    or I ask a teammate if I could switch with them. Even if its not what I may personally want, in the end, I
    want to win a lot more. There's always another match where I can try again. And if you have good teammates,
    they'll do the same. In most games where this happens, I've generally won a lot more than I've lost.

    This is how you should be playing, as opposed to being selfish. Those are the ones where I barely ever win, and
    its easy to see that these types of players are the fuck sticks that end up costing your team the game.

    For ex., if you only wanted to play Torb and that's that, your team now has to struggle to make a comp around a
    hero that is at a massive disadvantage against the enemy comp. They ask you to switch to a different dps
    to help, but you, being selfish, refuse to do so. As such, they are at a disadvantage, and your selfishness
    breeds about toxicity among your team, because they have been paired with someone who is thinking only
    of themselves, and is most likely going to blame them for sucking because they couldn't work with the hero
    YOU picked.

    That kind of attitude is one of the biggest problems with Ranked.

    TL;DR, yeah, you really should not play Ranked. You clearly don't belong there.

  11. #9931
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Its not about forcing people to play what they don't want to play, it's about understanding (which you don't)
    that this is a ******team***** based game, which means that you must work together with your team in
    order to win.
    Working together with a team =/= Switching because they don't like the character you picked. You're one of the people making comp toxic.

  12. #9932
    I guess English must not be your first language if you read my post and somehow
    epically failed in order to draw up that conclusion.

    It has nothing to do with who you pick. It has to do with the attitude of "I'll pick what I
    want when I want and fuck my team if they think differently."

    If you pick something weird like say for ex., an attack Torb, I've had games where either
    no one said anything, as they were confident enough with the pick, or if they did, I was
    quick to assure them that I wanted to briefly (keyword there) try it, and if it was obviously
    not working, I would swap to something else. At least 8/10 I've had this. Only very rarely
    do I get the mouth-breather fuck face who devolves into an Asperger patient. And in that
    circumstance, rather then risk tilting the idiot, I just comply. I'd rather win then make this
    troll somehow throw the match. It sucks, but for the greater good and all.

    That's also called being a team player btw.

  13. #9933
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I guess English must not be your first language if you read my post and somehow
    epically failed in order to draw up that conclusion.

    It has nothing to do with who you pick. It has to do with the attitude of "I'll pick what I
    want when I want and fuck my team if they think differently."

    If you pick something weird like say for ex., an attack Torb, I've had games where either
    no one said anything, as they were confident enough with the pick, or if they did, I was
    quick to assure them that I wanted to briefly (keyword there) try it, and if it was obviously
    not working, I would swap to something else. At least 8/10 I've had this. Only very rarely
    do I get the mouth-breather fuck face who devolves into an Asperger patient. And in that
    circumstance, rather then risk tilting the idiot, I just comply. I'd rather win then make this
    troll somehow throw the match. It sucks, but for the greater good and all.

    That's also called being a team player btw.
    Like I said, you're the type of person who is responsible for why comp is so toxic.

  14. #9934
    In other words, "I have no good response, I lost badly, let me just repeat myself like a broken clock."

    Got it, thanks.

  15. #9935
    Luckily for me I enjoy playing all the roles, and with many different heroes in each role.

    I am also and have always been a team player, so I change and adapt to what the comp needs.

    Since im adaptable like that and not a selfish one minded person thinking each game is about "me", but about my team, I get along just fine.

    Sure, theres often toxic nutjobs in voice but I just ignore or silence them and move along.

  16. #9936
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I would bet more people side with him then you. And from my personal experience people like yourself cause far more problems then someone who actually understands that switching is part of the game.
    Was about to say the same. In any comp game, switching at right time is very important which means you understand how the game flows. But in OW if you say someone they should switch, they consider that toxic and report you. That's pretty much how I got my permaban in OW yesterday. Blizz support guy said "you got too many reports for being abusive" but when he gave me the logs, it basically said "you gotta switch or we lose". Why the ban then? Cause I did not say anything homophobic or racist - he said you just were reported too often for abusive chat. Gotcha, thanks Blizz! You added another reason to stop playing now cause when you say something in comp (in text chat) it's already working against you as snowflakes can't handle it.
    once a drood - always a drood!

  17. #9937
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreff View Post
    Was about to say the same. In any comp game, switching at right time is very important which means you understand how the game flows. But in OW if you say someone they should switch, they consider that toxic and report you. That's pretty much how I got my permaban in OW yesterday. Blizz support guy said "you got too many reports for being abusive" but when he gave me the logs, it basically said "you gotta switch or we lose". Why the ban then? Cause I did not say anything homophobic or racist - he said you just were reported too often for abusive chat. Gotcha, thanks Blizz! You added another reason to stop playing now cause when you say something in comp (in text chat) it's already working against you as snowflakes can't handle it.
    I think you need to add please and thank you to your communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  18. #9938
    Anyone else feel they are done with the game after the addition of baptiste?

  19. #9939
    Quote Originally Posted by Trywin Hard View Post
    Anyone else feel they are done with the game after the addition of baptiste?
    I was done with the game a long time ago. Just keep lurking in the forums once in a while to see if any changes happen that might make me want to come back.

  20. #9940
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I would bet more people side with him then you. And from my personal experience people like yourself cause far more problems then someone who actually understands that switching is part of the game.
    No wonder, people are generally toxic in this game. That's why they keep getting banned. I've logged in with 2-3 thank you for reporting pop-ups every time I log in lately.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreff View Post
    Was about to say the same. In any comp game, switching at right time is very important which means you understand how the game flows. But in OW if you say someone they should switch, they consider that toxic and report you. That's pretty much how I got my permaban in OW yesterday. Blizz support guy said "you got too many reports for being abusive" but when he gave me the logs, it basically said "you gotta switch or we lose". Why the ban then? Cause I did not say anything homophobic or racist - he said you just were reported too often for abusive chat. Gotcha, thanks Blizz! You added another reason to stop playing now cause when you say something in comp (in text chat) it's already working against you as snowflakes can't handle it.
    Hint: Read what abusive chat entails, it's not only homophobic or racist things.
    Hint 2: You won't get banned for saying something toxic once in a while, it requires constant reports. Even more so if you get permanently banned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •