Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Please go and educate yourself on the problems with MM and its system. Players who stream
    and have ranks significantly higher than I agree the problem is the system, which means it
    falls under individual players and how good they are/are not. Your Overwatch as well as the
    pros all agree.

Until you educate yourself, you're going to continue to be wrong. You can't help anyone if
    you're always wrong.
    Yeah, I can write a bunch of things that aren't true and strut around as if I'm clever too, but since I'm not an ass I usually avoid doing so.

If you stopped screeching about the system and actually got good you might actually enjoy the game. Until then maybe you should quit, unless you like getting mad at video games and then screeching about them on MMO-C?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the only one devolving into an ass is you. Already you're devolving into cursing, and your posts now
    are more hostile and flamey.

Clearly, the one being mad is you. Unless you want to get reported, perhaps check yourself? I know being wrong
    is hard, but its nothing to get worked up and banned over (that is, if mods actually do their jobs around here).

Actually, the only one devolving into an ass is you. Already you're devolving into cursing, and your posts now
    are more hostile and flamey.

Clearly, the one being mad is you. Unless you want to get reported, perhaps check yourself? I know being wrong
    is hard, but its nothing to get worked up and banned over (that is, if mods actually do their jobs around here).
    Give me a shout once you admit you deserve your SR, I have lots of resources that help new players improve through the lower ELOs. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please drop the bickering about who is or isn't good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    now you need to relog to show that there are two people with the same opinion as yours
    There are a lot more than two people who know that you should focus on the only factor you can control in any team based game - yourself. Most of us just don't bother posting anymore because we've realized that you can't solve a persecution complex on a video game forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be down for that.

On a totally unrelated note, although I do enjoy playing Baptiste, I more and more am just
    flabbergasted as to his "character" or lack there of.

Every hero for the most part has had some special presentation (animation or comic mostly)
    to show off not only their personality, but to build hype for the new character.

Unless my memory's way off, they did NOTHING for Baptiste. All the other heroes have a
    quirk to their personality that is expressed through their voice lines, as well as their design.
    For the life of me, I can't tell what is Baptiste. He looks so generic. He especially sounds
    so boring too. Very little personality in the delivery of all his lines, even his sarcastic and
    jokey ones.

Even though there are characters I don't play, the entire roster for the most part, is very
    enjoyable and unique amongst one another. Not so with Baptiste. If being "boring" is his
    character, I legit don't get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Building games around the presumption that gamers have basic social skills certainly seems like a losing proposition.
    Now you know why Fortnite has made a billion dollars and HOTS and Overwatch are dying on the vine.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There are a lot more than two people who know that you should focus on the only factor you can control in any team based game - yourself. Most of us just don't bother posting anymore because we've realized that you can't solve a persecution complex on a video game forum.
    omegalul, still you post here

and still it's some nonsence

you can control only yourself and still you can't control yourself to play with team

seen your type of shitters a lot, you never learn at least you lose often enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean for all the shit it gets, at least Fortnite has updates, I dont recall being excited for a holiday event in OW since they first came out. I'd love to see some real reasons behind why OW, a massive game with a massive eSports scene, seems to get barely any content.

I know the in's and out's of game design, and how long creating assets can take, but even still it seems thin for a game of this calibre.

I dont want to see the effort Blizzards put into the OWL wasted, because it lives and dies by its playerbase.
    I don't think Blizzard was ever prepared for Overwatch's popularity when it hit. They're still trying to figure things out, as made obvious
    with their meta and how slow they are to act on it (look at how long Dive took until nerfed), and they still haven't quite fixed Goats. They
    also don't know how to properly buff/nerf their heroes, as made evident when some characters get OP and then nerfed constantly.
    They also have a lot of trouble dealing with toxicity, which is not a surprise given the way their game system works.

They can meet some success in alt modes. Lucio Ball is a big hit. The PvE events that are story based (and hallow's eve) are also well
    praised by the community. The game needs to go more in that direction then in trying to be something it isn't, which is a hardcore
    competitive shooter. Blizzard thinking outside the box is why their "late to the party" games are popular and maintain a strong base
    even in the presence of other games.

Lost about 500 rating to leavers, throwers and trolls on one of my alts and it took me several days to get it back.

Blizzard thinking outside the box is why their "late to the party" games are popular and maintain a strong base
    even in the presence of other games.
    That was true of the old Blizzard long ago.

The Blizzard of today barely has anyone left of that Blizzard of the 90's.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Lost about 500 rating to leavers, throwers and trolls on one of my alts and it took me several days to get it back.
    i lost 1500 and dont give a fuck anymore. nothing to gain from being in masters or gold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean for all the shit it gets, at least Fortnite has updates, I dont recall being excited for a holiday event in OW since they first came out. I'd love to see some real reasons behind why OW, a massive game with a massive eSports scene, seems to get barely any content.

I know the in's and out's of game design, and how long creating assets can take, but even still it seems thin for a game of this calibre.

I dont want to see the effort Blizzards put into the OWL wasted, because it lives and dies by its playerbase.
    i dont even understand you people. CS after 1.6 hasnt received any major Update nor has CS:GO gotten anything and we play it for almost 20 years now without bitching

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    i lost 1500 and dont give a fuck anymore. nothing to gain from being in masters or gold
    Genuinely? Don't get me wrong there are still trash games every now and then but I've found around 3000 games are much, much more organised and fast paced than closer to 2000, and don't get me started on silver. My alt went down there for a while to play with a friend and oh lord did it make me sad, it's also super easy to stomp people since awareness isn't a thing. Also at 2000 people seem to mix up aggression/pushing and overextending, as if pushing point and fighting nearer their spawn is bad lul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Genuinely? Don't get me wrong there are still trash games every now and then but I've found around 3000 games are much, much more organised and fast paced than closer to 2000, and don't get me started on silver. My alt went down there for a while to play with a friend and oh lord did it make me sad, it's also super easy to stomp people since awareness isn't a thing. Also at 2000 people seem to mix up aggression/pushing and overextending, as if pushing point and fighting nearer their spawn is bad lul.
    It's certainly bad when you lose players, or a couple sneak around and kill those actually getting the point ticks. Which happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's certainly bad when you lose players, or a couple sneak around and kill those actually getting the point ticks. Which happens a lot.
    Yeah, it's quite situational for sure, but I mean things I consider really obvious. Imagine you've just capped KR point 1 on attack, the enemy are staggered by a few seconds and the cart is dead for 15 seconds or so. Here, I would capitalise by pushing up with 5 team members, have 1 stay on cart (usually an off-supp, e.g. Lucio or Zen) and then the 5 either get a kill or two if the enemy don't regroup, or hold them at a corner while farming progress on cart since they've had to regroup to push. The enemy now have to reclaim that space rather than walking down it for free, costing them time and possibly resources.

In lower ELOs they'd often call that overextending, and shoot the idea down straight up, or refuse to push up with their tanks. It's not so much a complaint as an observation, when I climbed with my alt I had to play quite passively to avoid trying stuff like that as I wouldn't get support if I did and then die and look stupid. But I think that aggressive/faster play is much more fun and effective, it's just much harder to pull off when people tend to play passively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, in low ranks you're gonna get 2-3 players pushing up with you, one flanking to try a spawn camp, and Zenyatta on the cart while your sixth player is in spawn. There is not the coordination for it to work, which is why it's not risked, especially if you got a team kill and there is no stagger. Even when there is, it won't be 'push to a high choke and hold a line', it'll be just blindly run to spawn and hopefully get kills on the way. It's just better to have everyone on cart to drive as fast as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad they brought back the pve stuff for Arcade Mode. Nice to just play your 9 games, get your loot boxes,
    and then call it a day.

They really to make some stronger (and always available) pve content, cause god knows their pvp is in the
    fucking toilet with how terrible it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, in low ranks you're gonna get 2-3 players pushing up with you, one flanking to try a spawn camp, and Zenyatta on the cart while your sixth player is in spawn. There is not the coordination for it to work, which is why it's not risked, especially if you got a team kill and there is no stagger. Even when there is, it won't be 'push to a high choke and hold a line', it'll be just blindly run to spawn and hopefully get kills on the way. It's just better to have everyone on cart to drive as fast as possible.
    I think it depends, on occasion you do get teams that listen to shotcalls, if you can get a feel for when people are likely to listen you can occasionally pull off more efficient approaches like pushing up to reduce contest time vs. the cart. But I agree, in lieu of that it's best to stay grouped up and just hope you win each fight.

Jayne's done some really good VoDs regarding solo playmaking in ladder to avoid fights along a similar vein, he basically does the most ridiculously aggressive plays and takes tonnes of risks 'til the enemy demonstrates they can punish the risks (like solo spawn camping, get a kill then force either a 5v6 or make the enemy concede space immediately). It's really interesting to watch. And if the enemy doesn't respond properly it absolutely carries games.

As a QA tester for my company i often wonder how blizard tests their games... how the hell does a D.va bomb sent to the 2nd floor of a building, kill me when im hiding on the 1st floor...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy screwing around on an alt account. Even with the super high strung nature of masters/gm its better games than a bunch of people running around uncoordinated with each other and with no aim and no idea how to use their hero.

I was in a plat game yesterday, playing sym and i saw the following happen after i put my wall down to protect our bastion:

1) Our bastion gets up and moves in front of my wall then goes back into sentry.
    2) Our Orisa who followed him, has her shield broken almost instantly and hides behind the bastion.
    3) the bastion dies and screams at the healers, blaming them