1. #10241
    Throwers. Throwers everywhere. Bad people. Bad people everywhere. "I'm hacking reaper, kill him", NOPE NOPE NOPE. BETTER TRY TO SHOOT THAT HAMMOND WHO ISN'T EVEN DANGEROUS, REAPER HAS ULTI BUT IS HACKED BUT FUCK THAT, LET'S SHOOT HAMMOND! Hack wears off "FUCKING SOMBRA THROWER", how about FUCKING KILL REAPER WHEN I'VE HACKED HIM?

    Holy shit, people are so fucking bad at this game. How can they be so bad? How can they not listen to voice? How do they not realize it's their own fault he could ulti them?

  2. #10242
    they realy need to nerf sombras emp. there is 0 skill required its simply an autowin

    but its fun to see how she alone can destroy Goats comp. i just dont understand why it took them months to understand that.
    Last edited by jkq; 2019-06-24 at 01:50 AM.

  3. #10243
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Throwers. Throwers everywhere. Bad people. Bad people everywhere. "I'm hacking reaper, kill him", NOPE NOPE NOPE. BETTER TRY TO SHOOT THAT HAMMOND WHO ISN'T EVEN DANGEROUS, REAPER HAS ULTI BUT IS HACKED BUT FUCK THAT, LET'S SHOOT HAMMOND! Hack wears off "FUCKING SOMBRA THROWER", how about FUCKING KILL REAPER WHEN I'VE HACKED HIM?

    Holy shit, people are so fucking bad at this game. How can they be so bad? How can they not listen to voice? How do they not realize it's their own fault he could ulti them?
    I know so many of my friends that just want to play a game and dont really care about it. They aren't bad players but they want to chill, play the characters (or the one character) they like and listen music while playing, so no voice chat. They dont care too much about teamplay as long as they can play as they want to...

    And no, they are not found rock bottom of bronze, they are silver, mostly gold, and some platin players.

  4. #10244
    doomfist is really balanced.

  5. #10245
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    He plays only tank, Rein, Winston and a few more. How do you expect to solo your way out with tanks? I would get it if he played some DPS, but a Rein can't exactly carry a game, not in plat and diamond at least. snip

    It's NOT ridicolous, I absolutely understand how frustrating it is, being a mid diamond player stuck in plat myself.
    Thought I'd reply to you on this one since my sceanrio is more or less the same just different ranks + use of rein.

    I've said many times I sucked in S1 and it's got a knock on effect. More or less since placing in bronze it's been one hell of a ride to get into gold for the last 4/5 seasons. The way I broke through in the end was taking rein. If you don't charge in and manage the shield effectively you can pretty much carry any bronze or silver comp in every game. The only exception is the DPS who like to stand in front of the shield.

    But yea my games have been hilariously bad this season. For some context, I did an alt account and did my placements, 2850, my main averages 2k. That was until this season. Last season, like I say moira / rein I was running and I slowly crawled from 2000 up to 2300 and ended it there. I repeated the combo for the placements and landed in 2500. That was me, happy. Finally in what I felt was the right bracket and I could properly climb now.

    Yea..... no. Plat. What a fucking cesspit of chimps. Voice chat was just toxic as fuck before games even started. Needless to say I dropped back to gold in about 5 games. Honestly at first I was like atleast every gold game isn't toxic and bad compared to that. Oh boy, oh boy oh boy how wrong I was. Every fucking game I got atleast one of those sterotypical situations. Instant lock twp dps duo, the WM instant lock and no changing, the distracting "I need healing" spam while on full health because I've healed him faster than he can notice, smurfs etc. In that one night I dropped to 2300 ish and called it quits. Went back on it a few days later. Exactly the same, dropped to 2250 ish and came off. Needless to say over 2 weeks of going on for a few warm up QP then comps; the same pattern happened constantly. The last time I did comp I was sitting on 1820.

    Now I appreciate the "If you've fallen that far or get that many loses it's probably you" arguement, but guys I can't even put my finger on one game where they enemy team won because they were better. Additionally, if you scroll back in this thread you'll see I posted about my masters mate doing my placements as a mercy main, 9 wins 1 draw, 3-4 gold medals every game and he placed at 1700. So this mate of mine was back at my place and thought as he says "I'm chatting poop". So I put him on mine once again. In 7 years of knowing him, I've never, ever known him to leave a game of anything in a competitive scene. He hates it. He left in the 2nd game and couldn't get over the incompetence going on

    So thats me, not hit comp in 3 weeks as a result

  6. #10246
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I can't even put my finger on one game where they enemy team won because they were better.
    Odd, I think it's pretty obvious that the enemy won each game because they were better. That's generally how you win.
    Tilting at your teammates before the games even begin is a surefire way to demonstrate you are not made to play this game at a higher level.

    It's funny, you name all these situations you encounter in plat games that you describe as terrible things, but I barely encounter them at all, and when I do I can often diffuse them before it's a problem. Also, what's wrong with instant lock dps duos? They know what they want to play and they choose quickly, getting upset by this is quite indicative of where the problem lies. Better than "flex" players who wait a thousand years before making a fucking weird hero choice that doesn't fit into the comp, but RIP the game's started, guess we'll go with the janky comp.

    Edit: I wonder if anyone on this thread would be interested in grouping up for some games (although I play on EU, so that could be a problem) with the purpose of diffusing toxicity and just having some good games. I'm currently not too worried about climbing but rather improving some of my crappier heroes, particularly for comps good vs. high ground mobility. I main Zarya, D.Va probably second but contesting a strong Hanzo or some such with good positioning is a bit of a struggle lately.
    Last edited by Kharadin; 2019-06-24 at 08:29 AM.

  7. #10247
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Odd, I think it's pretty obvious that the enemy won each game because they were better. That's generally how you win.
    Tilting at your teammates before the games even begin is a surefire way to demonstrate you are not made to play this game at a higher level.

    It's funny, you name all these situations you encounter in plat games that you describe as terrible things, but I barely encounter them at all, and when I do I can often diffuse them before it's a problem. Also, what's wrong with instant lock dps duos? They know what they want to play and they choose quickly, getting upset by this is quite indicative of where the problem lies. Better than "flex" players who wait a thousand years before making a fucking weird hero choice that doesn't fit into the comp, but RIP the game's started, guess we'll go with the janky comp.

    Edit: I wonder if anyone on this thread would be interested in grouping up for some games (although I play on EU, so that could be a problem) with the purpose of diffusing toxicity and just having some good games. I'm currently not too worried about climbing but rather improving some of my crappier heroes, particularly for comps good vs. high ground mobility. I main Zarya, D.Va probably second but contesting a strong Hanzo or some such with good positioning is a bit of a struggle lately.
    Okay so to clear up. There's a difference between the enemy team winning because they play better or winning because my team play like chimps and hand it to them. The first I have 0 issues with losing, either it's a good game they simply win or they stomp because they coordinate. But I don't need to sit here and explain that shit because everyone experiences the two at some point or another.

    Secondly, I'll give the benefit of the doubt that I miss typed / you caught the wrong end of the stick; I don't flame or tilt my team mates. I said they flame each other in spawn. Which is super common where I am now. If I ever get to the point I say anything to anyone, I'll do it post game so people concentrate on the game rather than typing abuse.

    Instant lock duos might not be an issue at higher ranks, but again where I am right now it's insane how toxic / shit / both the majority of the time, I'd be comfortable with saying 9/10 chance it happens. Even on good games when you can tell they are good at their characters, it's often the wrong character choices for the round / objective / game type / countered.

    As I mentioned, I've recently been maining Rein and moira. My top picks are Moira, Lucio, Mercy, Roadhog, Hammond Zarya, Rein, with the exception of Zarya I can play any of the others are the same level. So seeing two people instant lock DPS doesn't overly bother me itself as I can play around, it's what comes next with them that gets me. I'll also tell them I'll fill on game launch

    But literally, you get a defense point , you see people willing to roll 2-2-2you get excited and boom you get Hammond, hog, reaper, genji (or worse a bastion who takes 3 seconds to react to a flanker + no shield), brig. Like really, no matter who I play to fill, no matter how well I play (I bring you back to my Masters mate example) I can't do enough. That's even if you get a 2-2-2 willinginess. The last few games all I was getting was 4/5 DPS and complaints they aren't getting healed enough.

    Like I said I don't mind losing a good game or losing to a vastly superior team quickly but those aren't the losses I've been having

  8. #10248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Okay so to clear up. There's a difference between the enemy team winning because they play better or winning because my team play like chimps and hand it to them.
    At your ELO, I'm honestly not sure there is. It's mostly just a matter of which team punishes their enemy's mistakes better/more often, because both teams are gonna be doing dumb shit. Tbh it's probably true throughout ladder.

    The first I have 0 issues with losing
    Sure, and I'm not saying any of these things to be an ass, I just don't think I necessarily either understand or agree with your point of view.

    Instant lock duos might not be an issue at higher ranks
    I absolutely understand the preconception here, but immediately judging some duo because they happened to both pick dps doesn't matter, it's the same as two solos picking DPS, and one would expect to have two on your side, so why bother yourself if they're stacked?

    Like I said I don't mind losing a good game or losing to a vastly superior team quickly but those aren't the losses I've been having
    The thing is, it's not that I don't believe these things happen, I know they do and it sucks but it comes with the territory of playing with randoms. But you make it sound like this happens in some majority of games, and there's lots of "I can't win because everyone else sucks", which I really don't get behind.

    So given these things do happen and given you are matched with 5 people and against 6 from the same pool of players, how could it possibly be that you have these problems more often than your opponent? If you are a constant, you're not toxic, you don't tilt your teammates, but otherwise the randoms from the pool of possible teammates/enemy team are evenly chosen from these toxic/throwing/poor players, surely your team is only 5/6s as likely as the enemy to have any of this behavior?

    Like I said, I'm not saying any of this to be an ass, I just think that maybe you're thinking about this the wrong way. Food for thought.

  9. #10249
    So after falling a grand total of about 465 SR over a 6 day period, usually winning 1 game for every 5 I lost and my SR going to only losing 2 SR on a loss, I suddenly find myself getting teammates who communicate, act like they can hit the enemy, and don’t charge in 1 at a time when we lose momentum.
    Now that I’m winning again, I decided to call it for a while after running into a 3 stack that had a Rein and would charge in right from our spawn point, going past the enemy front line and dying behind the enemy setup. He did this about 3 times to which I asked him to please stop doing it, watched him do it 2 more times and then complain on the 5th time that he wasn’t getting healed at all. When he finally stops doing it, we have momentum and push nonstop to about 1/2 way from the second checkpoint. At that point, the Zarya that was grouped with him just tells people to stay on cart while they carry the game and how they have all the golds (keeping in mind as Moira I have 3 myself). Never mind the fact that their 3 stack would have died nonstop if I hadn’t come off the cart to heal them and their Mercy on every push.
    Last rounds in OT, enemy runs Bastion and Sym, we barely push. Same guy starts trash talking the team again. Our final defense, we run the same comp as enemy only we have 1-4-1 where I’m suddenly on tank and the Zarya is on Sym. After the match, he trash talks the other team with “my Sym better than yours,” not once realizing the whole team held them back and I even had to sac myself to keep them pushing cart long enough for Baptiste’s immortality field to die or go away.
    Just way too toxic for me at that point.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-06-27 at 05:23 PM.

  10. #10250
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,207
    Another day of Overwatch, and now to spend several hours not being able to climb
    because of mouth breathing incompetent teammates, with the occasional leaver,
    and thrower mixed in. So from trying to go up 100 points, I'll spend most of it just
    trying to get back those 100 points and leave with the same amount (roughly) that
    I started with.

    Man, can Blizzard make a "quality" matchmaking system or what.

  11. #10251
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Another day of Overwatch, and now to spend several hours not being able to climb
    because of mouth breathing incompetent teammates, with the occasional leaver,
    and thrower mixed in. So from trying to go up 100 points, I'll spend most of it just
    trying to get back those 100 points and leave with the same amount (roughly) that
    I started with.

    Man, can Blizzard make a "quality" matchmaking system or what.
    how are others able to climb up the ranks though.

    Sounds like a personal issue. Maybe you're not as good as you think.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  12. #10252
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    how are others able to climb up the ranks though.
    Probably by being good with the dps carry picks. Snipers, McCree. Depending on the tank, it
    is possible to carry as well, although only with comms.

    Sounds like a personal issue. Maybe you're not as good as you think.
    Nah, I know I'm not Upper Diamond level and nowhere close to anything above it.

    My game sense and skill are fine for Plat and low Diamond, but when you're consistently
    paired with bad teammates and the like, you never get the chance to get there. Not with
    as shit a system as this game's.

    I mostly play Support and tanks, so I.E., not the characters that solo carry games.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-06-30 at 03:54 AM.

  13. #10253
    Thought I'd give this a game a try again after not having played for a few seasons, the first 3 games the chat is filled with toxic players "U SUCK. GO DIE OF CANCER. U RETARD NOOB UNINSTALL THE GAME" wow, I think the toxicity has increased a few thousand levels since last :P

    My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

  14. #10254
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Thought I'd give this a game a try again after not having played for a few seasons, the first 3 games the chat is filled with toxic players "U SUCK. GO DIE OF CANCER. U RETARD NOOB UNINSTALL THE GAME" wow, I think the toxicity has increased a few thousand levels since last :P
    Honestly majority of my matches are silent, after that it's random banter and while there certainly are cases of toxic asses those are the minority. Perhaps you got unlucky with a streak of tilted douches.

  15. #10255
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Thought I'd give this a game a try again after not having played for a few seasons, the first 3 games the chat is filled with toxic players "U SUCK. GO DIE OF CANCER. U RETARD NOOB UNINSTALL THE GAME" wow, I think the toxicity has increased a few thousand levels since last :P
    I have encountered this maybe once or twice in about 1000hrs of play, maybe it's a rank thing.

  16. #10256
    Pandaren Monk Avskildhet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I have encountered this maybe once or twice in about 1000hrs of play, maybe it's a rank thing.
    It's very common in plat and diamond if they're looking for someone to blame. I get at least one thank you for reporting every session I play, often more.

  17. #10257
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    It's very common in plat and diamond if they're looking for someone to blame. I get at least one thank you for reporting every session I play, often more.
    I'm on EU in plat and I don't see that much, sure there's people being asshats but not the GET CANCER AND DIE-kind of asshats.

  18. #10258
    Pandaren Monk Avskildhet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I'm on EU in plat and I don't see that much, sure there's people being asshats but not the GET CANCER AND DIE-kind of asshats.
    I see it every third or fourth game and I play eu too in play and diamond.

  19. #10259
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    I see it every third or fourth game and I play eu too in play and diamond.
    I don’t see toxicity that level too much, but it does happen. I do see toxicity of swear words and racial slurs almost every other game lately.

  20. #10260
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    I see it every third or fourth game and I play eu too in play and diamond.
    Strange. Maybe I'm more charming than I give myself credit for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •